Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Too Much Back Stabbing on this Forum
14-06-2013, 05:37 PM
RE: Too Much Back Stabbing on this Forum
There is a HUGE difference between questioning... (which is healthy and good)... and insulting..... on the whole you question, you have never insulted me to be fair, despite some of your posts coming across at times in a wee bit of an offensive manner.... but I have thick skin :-)... I find you a bit obsessive at times but not offensive....

And I guess the points I raised were not necessarily about you (at least they weren't at the start, yet somehow you have managed to make them that way)... it was speaking in general.. if a person, regardless of who the person is, joins any forum and insults most of the regulars on purpose in their first posts.. that is all we have to judge them on....and it makes an impression, just the wrong kind of impression...

Life is a shipwreck but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats. ~Voltaire
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
14-06-2013, 05:43 PM
Are we on about the same thing here?

An insult to me is telling there an F**king piece of S**t!
That's an insult!

I would never do that..

What's your form of insult?
14-06-2013, 05:48 PM
I actually used the term offensive manner... and by that I mean when someone is perhaps talking down to you as opposed to discussing..... as I said, you have never INSULTED me, but your posts at times have come across in a bit of an OFFENSIVE MANNER... at the same time, I have never taken offense to them (bangs head on keyboard LOL)

As for an insult... for me an insult is when a person makes an informed choice to be verbally abusive in some manner, or to use words that they know will be hurtful to another..... its not necessarily name calling like you would see in the school playground :-)

14-06-2013, 06:00 PM
Offensive manner? You mean pointing out your not thinking in a logical way ?

I call that getting to the point, I've said this before I don't beat around the bush.. Never have .. If that is offensive to you then that's your issue not mine
14-06-2013, 06:05 PM
Oh dear *sigh*

To be fair, you are now being argumentative for the sake of it Chris.... which is your issue... not mine (quoting back your words at ya)

Nine times out of ten it's not what someone says that is the issue, but how they choose to say it.... sadly people often refuse to acknowledge the how they choose to say it part *shrugs*

15-06-2013, 02:43 PM
I guess were done Smile
15-06-2013, 05:52 PM
(14-06-2013 06:05 PM)Icemaiden Wrote:  Nine times out of ten it's not what someone says that is the issue, but how they choose to say it.... sadly people often refuse to acknowledge the how they choose to say it part *shrugs*

icemaiden you are right (again) it is the manner in which a message is delivered that makes all the difference. Take workers when they've done something wrong or the job could have been better, the boss has to deliver this info in a way that is constructive and positive, if he goes off on one, the only message the worker will receive is what an a** hole he is!
16-06-2013, 12:35 AM
This is a forum .. The way people type is very one dimenional.. If people can't take direct language without the need to be patted on the head first and told how valued the opinion is .. Well that is there major issue!

When did we become so weak as to take offence and then moan at the slightest things lol

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Forum quiet jaks 62 3,841 11-11-2018 04:45 PM
Last Post: pasha
  Forum down? Mr R Sole 3 619 05-05-2017 07:18 AM
Last Post: savvy
  Forum is dead Carr987 16 2,499 09-05-2016 12:00 PM
Last Post: chrys
  SPS forum up and running again. jaks111 31 6,089 03-04-2016 04:36 PM
Last Post: veryconfused