Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How accurate are the tarot?
11-02-2015, 08:12 PM
RE: How accurate are the tarot?
(11-02-2015 05:55 PM)Gilly Wrote:  
(10-02-2015 08:28 PM)Star111 Wrote:  Politically correct, are you Gilly/Jilly under a new alas as this is all very familiar.

Are you accusing me of being him?
No Gilly, it was 'Jilly' I think who tried to blind us with science last time. Sorry for the mix up!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-05-2016, 07:49 PM
I don't read professionally but I myself have that Morgan Greer tarot deck and may others and I find tarot cards accurate but no psychic/medium or tool is ever going to be 100%.
I got my first deck the tarot of Marsilles or whatever aged 12 and at first me and my friends used the book a lot to lay the cards and went by the meanings otherwise we wouldn't know and unfortunately a lot of what we said to one another happened or related to us in some way or another, then after a while we developed our intuitions and knew pretty much the basic meanings of the cards and felt that we no longer needed the book to interpreted the cards.
I have of course read other books and went on 2 tarot courses with Debbie Winterbourne and she also does couples counselling just so you know.
As Sabbie said in a post and very well cards can have many different meanings when you read to different people and this is something that will come to you.
Some people don't like card readers because the may feel that the card reader is not reading for them or their situation and is all going by the meaning of the cards but many mediums and psychics like to use cards to get confirmation or to see things clearly.
Years ago I went on a psychic/medium workshop given by Jackie Barnes and even she said that information does not come flowing as if they were telling you a story it comes in words, colours, symbols, senses and smells and the rest you have to do guess work.
25-03-2017, 05:36 PM
I am a Clairvoyant/Medium/ tarot card reader myself. I don't work for a company, I work independantly.

As for experience Tarot cards are psychological. It may tell the client their feelings or basic activities. Like if you are concerned for career, finance, love etc. Tarot cards will never tell you about the future details of your life. our "future" is a combination of almost infinite possibilities that stem not only from your actions and choices but also from the actions and choices of everyone around you and even those who simply come within physical distance or even within sight of you.

The tarot does not necessarily tell you the future. So many people are completely ignorant when it comes to reading the tarot. They are a great tool for gaining insight into yourself or some issue in the here and now. I have had clients who have returned to me explaining how accurate they have been and helped them to make choices.

Your future is what you make it depending on your choices. If you choose to go in a direction then change directions, your future will change. If you choose to learn law instead of psychology, then you will become a lawyer instead of a psychologist. If you choose to wait for an ex who is not free then that will cause you heartache. A new relationship, job, house move will change your direction again, and cause a new future by meeting new people and opening doors for you.

There's a natural law of karma that vindictive people, who go out of their way to hurt others, will end up broke and alone ,,,, Sylvester Stallone
25-03-2017, 09:46 PM
Tarot cards are simply a divination tool for the reader to connect with his/her own personal psychic way of seeing the message for the client. Runes, gemstones, crystal ball, tarot cards - It's all tools but has nothing to do with the skill of the reading. The reader uses the images or colors of the cards to sort of spike their own intuition. that's why some tarot readers are great and some aren't. "The tool" that the reader uses isn't important it's how expert they are with their own psychic. A skill that takes years and years to grow and only gets better with age & time. the tools itself are meaningless.
26-03-2017, 01:02 PM
(25-03-2017 09:46 PM)anonreader Wrote:  Tarot cards are simply a divination tool for the reader to connect with his/her own personal psychic way of seeing the message for the client. Runes, gemstones, crystal ball, tarot cards - It's all tools but has nothing to do with the skill of the reading. The reader uses the images or colors of the cards to sort of spike their own intuition. that's why some tarot readers are great and some aren't. "The tool" that the reader uses isn't important it's how expert they are with their own psychic. A skill that takes years and years to grow and only gets better with age & time. the tools itself are meaningless.

I agree that tarot cards are simply divination tools that open up the readers third eye. Tarot cards are only one tool that I use, most often I use a clear bowl of water and scry into that and pick up symbolic images. I think it needs to be pointed out that it is not only tarot cards that can be used as a divination tool, an ordinary pack of cards with colourful pictures would do just as well; if you are reading them clairvoyantly of course and not through the text book lol. "The Bright Ideas Deck" which are not tarot cards or even fortune telling cards can be used for any purpose. I use these to great effect. Any deck of cards with colourful pictures can be used.
26-03-2017, 09:39 PM
I use the Psychic Tarot by John Holland.I use them clairvoyantly not what it says on the card.I can spend several minutes on one card as Ideas and facts come to me as I look at the card.I just use them to connect with Spirit and I always tell my clients this as some don't like cards .
05-02-2018, 06:38 AM
There was a thread on here somewhere about what technique people like best and I cant find it but Im wary of tarot I think it can be confusing some cards can mean good and bad things I got given the tower the other day and someone said its bad and signifies heartbreak but I googled it and it also can mean good things so its really difficult the other thing is you could choose really good cards one day and bad ones another day its just a lucky pick unless youre psychic yourself and when choosing from deck 1 2 or 3 you feel with your gut which one to go for most just guess any pile but tarot readings can change easily whereas I prefer a psychic reading where the reader uses very little to no tools and speaks through spirit and what he/she sees

- - -

I think it takes a very very skilled psychic to read tarot and thats by combining messages from spirit as well as the cards but most of the crap readers use the cards and read from their tarot books or research on google the meanings which anyone could do im sorry but i used to see it on pt TV all the time with the readers on there picking cards at random and going off on a tangent just from the messages on the cards they use

- - -

I also not keen on astrology for similar reasons its easy to give an exes star sign and go off about them and their personality from reading a typical star sign personality which is vague and they go on about how the planets will affect their mood and behaviour etc its all bs it doesnt im sorry theres a reader on ata who bangs on about astrology and she got nothing prediction wise right so im put off when they bring in astrology or tarot im sorry to say

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Accurate Reader louieboy 36 11,880 30-05-2019 08:17 PM
Last Post: Louieboy2
  Tarot Reading guardeeana 0 307 13-12-2018 04:04 PM
Last Post: guardeeana
  A new generation follows the pack as tarot makes a comeback mecheeta 2 832 25-09-2018 07:14 AM
Last Post: jullybina
  Accurate predictions?!?!? Novice01 16 2,335 05-09-2018 04:48 AM
Last Post: Virgo1
  The tarot revival thanks to Brexit, Trump and Dior mecheeta 1 495 28-08-2018 11:47 AM
Last Post: drstrange
Brick Tarot cards :) curiouscat 1 662 19-02-2018 07:32 PM
Last Post: Spiritual Beer Cans
  Free sample tarot reading rose123 0 544 18-08-2017 12:42 PM
Last Post: rose123
  Tarot sample reading rose123 1 668 10-07-2017 03:11 PM
Last Post: Lu1111
  Eddie - Tarot Insights PurpleShimmer3 34 7,589 20-08-2016 07:49 PM
Last Post: janaan
  Help with tarot cards Susie Lowe202 2 863 17-04-2016 03:27 PM
Last Post: Susie Lowe202