Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Free will/destiny/karmic path
30-03-2018, 02:09 PM
Free will/destiny/karmic path
I was curious to see what people's opinions were on free will and destiny.. I've been on this forum for a while now, and seen countless predictions not happen for people, the occasional thing has happened but out of timings, or on time..

There are an awful lot of women on here waiting for an ex to come back, they get given timescales and it doesn't happen, the psychic then has to extend the timescales (and I'm on about the direct, no nonsense readers, not the sugar coat readers). Then there's the occasional: house move/will my house sell people, and job enquiries. I recently had one about some friends I wasn't sure on.

I used to be of the mindset that everything was mapped out for you and it was your destiny; but I've found out over the past few months from experience of this site that there must be such thing as free will, as why does he not come back for you? Why didn't you get that job that they saw? Why didn't you get that house you dreamt of?

It baffles me particularly in relationship readings (as that's what this forum is full of) when you go to the direct readers, they validate bloody well and predict he'll come and he doesn't, you call back and they must extend the timescales. You know the reader is being honest as they're no nonsense.. It's something that crossed my mind as most readers say free will, and the occasional ones believe in destiny... Huh
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-06-2018, 05:29 PM
RE: Free will/destiny/karmic path
Hey; I thought I'd be the first to put a post on this thread.

It really depends upon how you define free will, more than if you believe our lives are predestined...

If you define free will as the ability to choose, then we certainly have the ability to choose. But then the question becomes, whether our choice was controlled. For example, if our safety is compromised then we will know we have no choice but to protect ourselves and take the safest option, sometimes whether it be love, career, money we have to take what luck is dished out to us. For instance being in the wrong place at the wrong time, that is not our free will, is it? So, while we are still making choices, the choices we make were also already pre-determined.

The problem does not go away simply because of lack of belief in the supernatural though. If we assume the materialistic viewpoint, then everything we do is a consequence of chemical and physical reactions. Our thoughts are simply chemical reactions in the brain. Thus your choices were also pre-determined at the initial configuration of when you were born into this world.

Do victims of earthquakes, disasters, etc have a choice? No. we don't. Your future is set in stone, psychics may say it isn't just to get them off the hook...
10-06-2018, 05:52 PM
(10-06-2018 05:29 PM)Marinacy Wrote:  Hey; I thought I'd be the first to put a post on this thread.

It really depends upon how you define free will, more than if you believe our lives are predestined...

If you define free will as the ability to choose, then we certainly have the ability to choose. But then the question becomes, whether our choice was controlled. For example, if our safety is compromised then we will know we have no choice but to protect ourselves and take the safest option, sometimes whether it be love, career, money we have to take what luck is dished out to us. For instance being in the wrong place at the wrong time, that is not our free will, is it? So, while we are still making choices, the choices we make were also already pre-determined.

The problem does not go away simply because of lack of belief in the supernatural though. If we assume the materialistic viewpoint, then everything we do is a consequence of chemical and physical reactions. Our thoughts are simply chemical reactions in the brain. Thus your choices were also pre-determined at the initial configuration of when you were born into this world.

Do victims of earthquakes, disasters, etc have a choice? No. we don't. Your future is set in stone, psychics may say it isn't just to get them off the hook...

But if there's no such thing as free will, why aren't all these exes coming back? There must be such thing as free will. There's genuine readers who have seen exes come back but most people on here don't get the ex coming back
10-06-2018, 06:30 PM
(10-06-2018 05:52 PM)Virgo1 Wrote:  
(10-06-2018 05:29 PM)Marinacy Wrote:  Hey; I thought I'd be the first to put a post on this thread.

But if there's no such thing as free will, why aren't all these exes coming back? There must be such thing as free will. There's genuine readers who have seen exes come back but most people on here don't get the ex coming back

Some exes come back @ some don't. Of course, we have free will, I need to decide whether I want to go out tonight... that's my decision at the end.

I don't always have control over events that happen in my life. I can't rely on the POI decisions he makes. Either it's meant to be or it's not...
10-06-2018, 06:37 PM
(10-06-2018 06:30 PM)Marinacy Wrote:  

Some exes come back @ some don't. Of course, we have free will, I need to decide whether I want to go out tonight... that's my decision at the end.

I don't always have control over events that happen in my life. I can't rely on the POI decisions he makes. Either it's meant to be or it's not...

You said that you believe in pre destined and set in stone. You need to make your points clearer. I wish there was such thing as things being pre destined, but after being on a forum seeing so many people's exes not coming back or how the psyhics saw it, and mine not happening with no such luck - I don't believe in pre destined events at all.
11-06-2018, 01:45 AM
I believe that the universe will do everything in its power to bring you both back together, whether its something nostalgic they see that reminds them of you, whether you run into eachother after a long period of time or whether they just have a strong urge to contact you one day again (and the courage, especially if it's been a while).

I think the universe guides us subconsciously, however our conscious minds make the choice whether or not to make the decision to reconcile or reach out, for example.

For example, last year, there was one time I applied for a job role at a bank. Honestly was NOT what I wanted to do and the application process was dodgy as hell through this agency I'd never heard of before. Everything in my gut was telling me no no no.. But as usual back then, I ignored it since I was desperate.

Again I went along with everything until the day I was due to start.
I left the house nice and early, gut still screaming at me. And it took what felt like everything against me that day, to stop a stubborn soul like me from getting to that job.

It was actually incredible, so much happened that prevented me from getting to that job because it just wasn't meant to be. From the trains completely not running near me (without warning) to having a huge lorry block access on my road and then destroy a wall in the process trying to get out! I was incredibly late on my first day so I contacted the agency and of course this wasn't good enough so they let me go already.

But finally, my gut had stopped screaming.

Fast forward to a week or two later, I was in a much better work placement through a well known agency with amazing staff and a great location.
Oh and funny enough, that SAME agency contacted me again asking if I wanted the job back after letting me go.. So yeah, dodgy AF.

So I believe you're always being guided in a way and sometimes you have to make your own choices and learn these things for yourself and other times the universe really has to interject, like it did that day for me(and has many times before) to show like woah, hey, you're really going off course here! Especially when you don't listen to your gut.

Also just a side note : maybe those waiting for exes will have them return when they, themselves are well and truly ready? Or maybe one of their biggest lessons in life is learning to accept and let go? And once they truly do that, they may return if not attract someone better in their life?

Its an endless amount of possibilities and hard to say what exactly of course.

Either way I do believe the universe guides us as much as it can but we have can have choices and overall if its meant to happen, it will. It's just hard to say when. A friend of mine recently connected with an ex of,10 years ago, just as friends but it happened very unexpectedly none the less.
11-06-2018, 11:51 AM
(11-06-2018 01:45 AM)MoonChild2* Wrote:  I believe that the universe will do everything in its power to bring you both back together, whether its something nostalgic they see that reminds them of you, whether you run into eachother after a long period of time or whether they just have a strong urge to contact you one day again (and the courage, especially if it's been a while).

I think the universe guides us subconsciously, however our conscious minds make the choice whether or not to make the decision to reconcile or reach out, for example.

For example, last year, there was one time I applied for a job role at a bank. Honestly was NOT what I wanted to do and the application process was dodgy as hell through this agency I'd never heard of before. Everything in my gut was telling me no no no.. But as usual back then, I ignored it since I was desperate.

Again I went along with everything until the day I was due to start.
I left the house nice and early, gut still screaming at me. And it took what felt like everything against me that day, to stop a stubborn soul like me from getting to that job.

It was actually incredible, so much happened that prevented me from getting to that job because it just wasn't meant to be. From the trains completely not running near me (without warning) to having a huge lorry block access on my road and then destroy a wall in the process trying to get out! I was incredibly late on my first day so I contacted the agency and of course this wasn't good enough so they let me go already.

But finally, my gut had stopped screaming.

Fast forward to a week or two later, I was in a much better work placement through a well known agency with amazing staff and a great location.
Oh and funny enough, that SAME agency contacted me again asking if I wanted the job back after letting me go.. So yeah, dodgy AF.

So I believe you're always being guided in a way and sometimes you have to make your own choices and learn these things for yourself and other times the universe really has to interject, like it did that day for me(and has many times before) to show like woah, hey, you're really going off course here! Especially when you don't listen to your gut.

Also just a side note : maybe those waiting for exes will have them return when they, themselves are well and truly ready? Or maybe one of their biggest lessons in life is learning to accept and let go? And once they truly do that, they may return if not attract someone better in their life?

Its an endless amount of possibilities and hard to say what exactly of course.

Either way I do believe the universe guides us as much as it can but we have can have choices and overall if its meant to happen, it will. It's just hard to say when. A friend of mine recently connected with an ex of,10 years ago, just as friends but it happened very unexpectedly none the less.

I've been seeing signs to do with him coming up everywhere I am. It's even so often that it gets frustrating because as soon as I see them I think of the person all over again. The problem with me is, I'm one of those people who wonders if the signs I'm seeing constantly are coincidence or genuine. It's happened so much recently that it's getting ridiculous, lol. It's really interesting to hear your story, actually, and how things guide us to the right places.
11-06-2018, 05:40 PM
(10-06-2018 06:37 PM)Virgo1 Wrote:  

You said that you believe in pre destined and set in stone. You need to make your points clearer. I wish there was such thing as things being pre destined, but after being on a forum seeing so many people's exes not coming back or how the psyhics saw it, and mine not happening with no such luck - I don't believe in pre destined events at all.

Of course, there are things that happen in our lives which are pre-destined. It's nothing to do with people's exes not coming back. Who said those exes were meant to come back anyway? I understand that sometimes things happen that are out of our control where we have no say. When you say we all have freewill it means we make decisions but can't always control our destiny.
11-06-2018, 05:44 PM
(11-06-2018 05:40 PM)The Watchdog Wrote:  

Of course, there are things that happen in our lives which are pre-destined. It's nothing to do with people's exes not coming back. Who said those exes were meant to come back anyway? I understand that sometimes things happen that are out of our control where we have no say. When you say we all have freewill it means we make decisions but can't always control our destiny.

Because if you see what I put in my first comment, I said if events were pre-destined, why are nobody's exes coming back yet the reader is direct and validates well at the time? Let's face it, it's very much to do with exes coming back as that's what over 90% of calls are about.
11-06-2018, 07:02 PM
(11-06-2018 05:44 PM)Virgo1 Wrote:  
(11-06-2018 05:40 PM)The Watchdog Wrote:  
(10-06-2018 05:52 PM)Virgo1 Wrote:  But if there's no such thing as free will, why aren't all these exes coming back? There must be such thing as free will. There's genuine readers who have seen exes come back but most people on here don't get the ex coming back

Because if you see what I put in my first comment, I said if events were pre-destined, why are nobody's exes coming back yet the reader is direct and validates well at the time? Let's face it, it's very much to do with exes coming back as that's what over 90% of calls are about.

Because most of you are using readers off phone sites who are crap and only tell you what you want to hear. I've been there.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Fate and Destiny Purple shimmer 2 760 09-09-2015 09:11 PM
Last Post: Icemaiden2