Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What happened when I went to psychic school
10-09-2018, 11:57 AM
What happened when I went to psychic school
For six months, I attempted to quiet my fact-checking, left-brain voice and tap into my ‘goddess roots’, where fantasy and reality are interchangeable

Montclair Psychic School sits above a florist’s shop in the town of Rutherford, New Jersey. On a Sunday in June, eight students sit in a yellow painted classroom, watching a mastiff named Axel sniff a bust of the Buddha.

“C’mere, Axel,” says a woman whose T-shirt reads: “Medicine heals the body. DOGS heal the soul.” She offers him a treat. “Good boy.”

Axel slobbers on her lap, then lopes around the room, sniffing amethyst crystals, a conga drum and a gold Tibetan singing bowl.

“Send your heartstrings out,” says Natalie Anderson, a special education teacher who moonlights as an animal communicator. “Connect. Ask Axel: what’s in his world? What does he know? What does he want? Don’t be shy.”

Axel drools on the rug as the students try to read his mind.

“He’s saying ‘hikes’,” says one woman. “He wants a job, so he feels like he has a purpose. Maybe he can get a backpack, so his job can be carrying water on hikes?”

A description of this seven-hour “pet communication” class reads: “You will learn how to send thoughts to your animal companions and trust what you are receiving back. It is only a matter of understanding telepathic communication, the natural mode of communication for all animals AND an inherent ability for all humans!”

“Say whatever’s coming to mind,” Natalie instructs. “Give me that spirit vomit.”

The students say: “He’s bored.”

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle...t-happened
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Psychic High School dormammu 0 28 14-12-2018 12:04 PM
Last Post: dormammu
  US Satanic leader says after-school clubs send positive message drstrange 0 463 30-10-2016 08:39 AM
Last Post: drstrange
  What's happened to psychic TV Ella Hardy 0 1,073 05-10-2014 12:23 AM
Last Post: Ella Hardy
  predictions happened but no longer get readings bellatrix 0 719 16-07-2014 04:55 PM
Last Post: bellatrix