Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 3 Average
Psychic Sofa - Please read
16-10-2018, 04:44 PM
RE: Psychic Sofa - Please read
(14-10-2018 08:56 AM)Lucylonglegs Wrote:  [quote='Gwendolyn73' pid='54917' dateline='15

I'm an ex reader myself and came out of this a few years ago to opt for a normal job partly because I found reading for a company at home L became lonely and wasn't interacting with people on a social level. I found I couldn't give customers what they wanted to hear. You are either cut out for that sort of job or you're not.
I have a friend that works for psychic sofa and she enjoys it, gets stuck in and she moans about the pay she makes about £4-500 per week. it is what it is and she's not, in my opinion, psychic but there we go. When you apply for jobs on companies say: LiveLines, psychics, etc you know they are going to get their pound of flesh from you. It's how they make their money. There are some ok readers on there but not many.

Why apply for a job at asktheanswer? It would be pretty much the same standards that apply there. If you have got a talent as you say you have then you should open your own website as has been suggested. You can regulate your own payment and if you are an ethical reader then you would do well by word and mouth. Or apply for a company like Michelle Knight where her readers are treated fairly and better paid. Of course, the testing procedure is a lot more detailed and harder to what you have had at psychic sofa but then if you are good you should have no trouble passing it.
I still take in private clients at my home as an extra from my normal job and I like that and have regular and new clients as the word is spread around in my neighbourhood.
Thanks for your feedback.
I heard good things about ATA so that's why applied to them.
I'm just trying to get my self confidence up a bit before setting up.on my own , otherwise I would.
Thanks again.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
16-10-2018, 04:54 PM
(15-10-2018 06:09 PM)pasha Wrote:  
(13-10-2018 04:25 PM)Gwendolyn73 Wrote:  I used to work on PS.
Im pretty sure there are some good genuine readers on there but I'm just gonna put this out there ok?
I left them because it became clear they are really all about keeping callers on the line for as long as possible and I'm afraid that as a psychic reader that goes totally against my personal code of ethics. I'ts just not on. As I say there are some great readers on there but it makes you rethink when you're having to work by a set ' hold time' that if you don't stick by then you're removed from their system and can kiss goodbye to your job. Also I did two 20 minute readings which both callers told me they'd both enjoyed and found relevant and helpful but which I am not getting paid for as by the time they're deducted the two quid weekly ' admin ' fee , it'll fall way below the minimum earning requirement for me to even have earned a single thing from it so I've effectively done two readings for NIL pay whilst they profited off of my hard work and spent energy.
Not great.

You won't make much money if you only did two 20 mins reading. When you say the reader must *hold a call*! I'm sorry, but if we pay for a 20 min reading then surely the reader has to honour that?

I mean, you must surely be aware that all phone lines run on a system of keeping the punter on a call if it's on premium rate??

Sorry, I don't understand what you expect. If you are ethical then run your own business.
You know , it's such a shame so many people on here jump straight on the band wagon with snidey replies to people's posts without actually reading them properly to start with.
I clearly stated above that I did two 20 minute readings WHICH I HAVE NOT BEEN PAID FOR.
Also at no point did I state that clients were not getting the 20 minute readings they had purchased . I did the full readings for those clients but was asked to more or less keep people on the phone for longer than necessary which is something I'm not comfortable with.
What's wrong with that?
Would you work for 40 minutes for no pay? No course you wouldn't.
I haven't came on this forum being hostile to anyone whatsoever yet this is the negative response I get.
Unbelievable.....
16-10-2018, 06:41 PM
(16-10-2018 04:54 PM)Gwendolyn73 Wrote:  
Im pretty sure there are some good genuine readers on there but I'm just gonna put this out there ok?
I left them because it became clear they are really all about keeping callers on the line for as long as possible and I'm afraid that as a psychic reader that goes totally against my personal code of ethics. I'ts just not on. As I say there are some great readers on there but it makes you rethink when you're having to work by a set ' hold time' that if you don't stick by then you're removed from their system and can kiss goodbye to your job. Also I did two 20 minute readings which both callers told me they'd both enjoyed and found relevant and helpful but which I am not getting paid for as by the time they're deducted the two quid weekly ' admin ' fee , it'll fall way below the minimum earning requirement for me to even have earned a single thing from it so I've effectively done two readings for NIL pay whilst they profited off of my hard work and spent energy.
Not great.

You won't make much money if you only did two 20 mins reading. When you say the reader must *hold a call*! I'm sorry, but if we pay for a 20 min reading then surely the reader has to honour that?

I mean, you must surely be aware that all phone lines run on a system of keeping the punter on a call if it's on premium rate??

Sorry, I don't understand what you expect. If you are ethical then run your own business.
You know , it's such a shame so many people on here jump straight on the band wagon with snidey replies to people's posts without actually reading them properly to start with.
I clearly stated above that I did two 20 minute readings WHICH I HAVE NOT BEEN PAID FOR.
Also at no point did I state that clients were not getting the 20 minute readings they had purchased . I did the full readings for those clients but was asked to more or less keep people on the phone for longer than necessary which is something I'm not comfortable with.
What's wrong with that?
I haven't came on this forum being hostile to anyone whatsoever yet this is the negative response I get.
Unbelievable.....

Apologies but did not understand your post as it wasn't clear. No need to jump on me either as it was a genuine misunderstanding.

I'm sorry to hear that you haven't been paid for your calls but not really sure what it has to do with me??? I hope you contact PS so that you can get this sorted out.

Best of luck SmileSmileSmileSmile
17-10-2018, 06:46 AM
(16-10-2018 06:41 PM)pasha Wrote:  
(16-10-2018 04:54 PM)Gwendolyn73 Wrote:  
Not great.

What's wrong with that?
Unbelievable.....

Apologies but did not understand your post as it wasn't clear. No need to jump on me either as it was a genuine misunderstanding.

I'm sorry to hear that you haven't been paid for your calls but not really sure what it has to do with me??? I hope you contact PS so that you can get this sorted out.

Best of luck SmileSmileSmileSmile

Thanks pasha and sorry.
I'm done with it all anyway.
Love n light and apologies.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
Smile The Best of Psychic Sofa.. Any Nominees?? Dream Catcher 846 183,852 Today 02:38 PM
Last Post: Virgo1
  psychic sofa ian 4413 moomins 3 434 21-10-2018 03:55 PM
Last Post: pasha
  Truthseer psychic Sofa Lou-Lou 31 11,768 15-10-2018 05:37 PM
  Maryanne psychic sofa PurpleShimmer3 15 2,723 14-10-2018 09:32 AM
Last Post: Rayelle-T
  JJ from psychic sofa Sueq49 101 11,273 11-10-2018 04:16 PM
Last Post: Mitzi
Smile Lyn 4397 psychic sofa Rachel212 10 1,178 11-10-2018 12:25 AM
  Anna psychic sofa Rachel212 47 4,283 03-09-2018 03:07 PM
  Psychic Sofa's Changed Look Rodrigo 3 325 30-08-2018 11:10 PM
  Psychic sofa....just a shocking realisation Lauragrace 5 717 07-08-2018 02:44 PM
Last Post: Pink25
  Psychic sofa pindikaur and marion Kayley 7 1,526 18-07-2018 10:24 AM
Last Post: Angelica38