Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Free will/destiny/karmic path
06-12-2018, 07:30 AM
RE: Free will/destiny/karmic path
(06-12-2018 12:25 AM)Chiara Wrote:  
(30-03-2018 02:09 PM)Virgo1 Wrote:  I was curious to see what people's opinions were on free will and destiny.. I've been on this forum for a while now, and seen countless predictions not happen for people, the occasional thing has happened but out of timings, or on time..

There are an awful lot of women on here waiting for an ex to come back, they get given timescales and it doesn't happen, the psychic then has to extend the timescales (and I'm on about the direct, no nonsense readers, not the sugar coat readers). Then there's the occasional: house move/will my house sell people, and job enquiries. I recently had one about some friends I wasn't sure on.

I used to be of the mindset that everything was mapped out for you and it was your destiny; but I've found out over the past few months from experience of this site that there must be such thing as free will, as why does he not come back for you? Why didn't you get that job that they saw? Why didn't you get that house you dreamt of?

It baffles me particularly in relationship readings (as that's what this forum is full of) when you go to the direct readers, they validate bloody well and predict he'll come and he doesn't, you call back and they must extend the timescales. You know the reader is being honest as they're no nonsense.. It's something that crossed my mind as most readers say free will, and the occasional ones believe in destiny... Huh

I just came across this post. Virgo I think you are experiencing the same quandary as I am about the validation/prediction dilemma.
How can they validate present and past situations yet get prediction (future) so wrong? I have been trying to conflate these contradictory terms into coherency.
I believe that yes of course everyone has free will, we constantly change a thought process once new information is received. Just like when we get a reading... once you hang up from the reader you start thinking about the information given and adjust your thought process to accomodate the new information and think, respond or act accordingly.
I was doing some research on this and found this analogy best describes a psychics capability. They can only see snapshots in time and it's limited... like movie frames they will get one or more images out of the whole sequence before the reels conclusion.
Imagine you're driving in a car heading to a destination... a psychic will see this 'snapshot of time' as you heading in a direction that is positive/negative, thus the psychic will view this as positive/negative and predict a positive/negative outcome, however the problem is that the psychic only sees a snapshot of the journey and cannot see the arrival at the destination... there are some exceptional psychics that can. The psychic has not taken into account the deviations past that snapshot such as free will, extenuating circumstances or third party influences. This is why psychics can validate well the present because they are taking a snapshot of current feelings/thoughts that have not yet been altered by free will or external influences, and the same applies for validating past events as they are set in stone and can no longer be altered. This is also why many psychics do not like predicting futures.
Anyhow, this is just a theory on a psychics capability and I believe separate to the discussion on predetermined destiny and karma... as Pensive Moon mentioned in an earlier post it's worthwhile researching quantum entanglement as it explains a lot about consciousness, intuition, coincidences,LOA, psychics etc etc I'm open to anyone shedding more light. Smile

Hi Chiara, thanks for your views. I'm stuck in the middle about free will and destiny. I had something happen that made me question free will, but every single reader I went to said that my ex would be back and he didn't come back. A few were able to validate the situation well, even. Just the outcome didn't happen. But then again, all of the readers pretty much ended up being poor. Most of it seemed general looking back and they were able to make a reading from some clever prodding and poking. A few validated well, but I don't see the points of having a reading if we all have free will.. It's like taking a gamble of your life with a "reader". The other thing is, hardly any readers believe in destiny. So I've noticed that the readers who do believe in destiny are more confident and clearer.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-12-2018, 07:10 PM
I just wanted to add that I've been to a medium before in person who got everything right as she predicted. No free will happened, nothing changed or with another person - It happened all as she said. She told me that an ex was bad news and I didn't listen to her as I was young and didn't want to believe a psychic as what did they know.. Well she was right. As you said Chiara - few readers can really predict the future. There has to be some sort of destiny because I think it should be easy to say if an ex and you are going to work out in the long run by the feelings and amount of chemistry. I haven't ever changed my feelings quickly on someone within the click of a finger unless they really betrayed me. I felt angry one day about my ex POI, then the next day sad and missing him - but the feelings were still there and don't change. Readers have told me that I would reach out to my ex and I have absolutely no plans at all to reach out to him this time around and never have. So that's where readers say "free will". Because a good reader would see how stubborn I am that I won't budge on not making the first move. He has to. So if they got that bit of info wrong, they are going to channel him and what's he going to do and what he's feeling wrong. I have had an experience to prove that there could be a destiny, but I'm still on the fence because free will makes logical sense that you could for example say "I'm going to the shop to get a loaf of bread".. But change your mind and can't be bothered last minute. Perhaps though, you'll delay it but still go later and you're destined to go to the shop at some point. Well of course or you'd starve, ha ha. But if there is a free will, what's the point in calling readers to get a gamble of your future when it might not even happen, or can change?

And what about people who go for jobs or go into a career and it isn't meant to be? If there is free will, then they can do things to succeed in their future. If someone's career isn't working out, then it's a clear sign that they aren't meant for that job or career path. Likewise death. I do believe death is destined for certain.. I've read too many stories online of people who had premonitions of people dying which happened in the way they dreamt or saw it. Cancer patients who have short term life expectancy compared to cancer patients who live for 20+ years. I think when it's your time to go, it's your time to go.

People come in and out of our lives all of the time. The person you're with now or pining over, you wouldn't have met them if you didn't split up with the last partner you pined over. You might have to meet 5 people until you settle down.. But I believe what's destined are the people who come into our lives whether they're good or bad. We meet people we meet for a reason. So I don't know. Some things I think are definitely destined, but I can't say for sure. I'm stuck on the subject.. Huh
07-12-2018, 11:58 AM
All acts are a result of choice -- Free Will means you have the capacity to willingly do an act. The human being is a complex being emotions can run hot or cold - can be little or great but it all boils down to choice! Do you choose to let your emotions get the better of you in conflict or can you reason that maybe this is not the best, again a choice?
Do you really desire to do something or not? Again it resolves into choice! We are a thinking being and Logic and Reasoning stem from thinking. Some folks never think about the consequences of what they do, they choose to just do it rergardless. When you stop and think about your choices, then you are more apt to make the correct one. Generally speaking, your first thought is the right thought

Always borrow money from a pessimist. He won’t expect it back. [Image: animated-fish-jumping-out-of-water.gif]
07-12-2018, 12:27 PM
(07-12-2018 11:58 AM)Rodrigo Wrote:  All acts are a result of choice -- Free Will means you have the capacity to willingly do an act. The human being is a complex being emotions can run hot or cold - can be little or great but it all boils down to choice! Do you choose to let your emotions get the better of you in conflict or can you reason that maybe this is not the best, again a choice?
Do you really desire to do something or not? Again it resolves into choice! We are a thinking being and Logic and Reasoning stem from thinking. Some folks never think about the consequences of what they do, they choose to just do it rergardless. When you stop and think about your choices, then you are more apt to make the correct one. Generally speaking, your first thought is the right thought

That's very true, but some people believe that our choices we make are destined. So we can think something but change our mind - and that was our destined end result. I am really on the fence about it, it's certainly something people could debate for hours on.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Fate and Destiny Purple shimmer 2 803 09-09-2015 09:11 PM
Last Post: Icemaiden2