Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Psychic future: what next for the ‘precog economy’
30-09-2019, 07:20 AM
Psychic future: what next for the ‘precog economy’
Precognition is the claimed paranormal ability to predict the future – and is widely considered to be pseudoscience. Why, then, is the US psychic industry worth $2bn a year?

by Amelia Tait

Deep in the night of 29 January 2012, Fatih Ozcan had an unusual dream. Then 27, and a waiter in a Turkish restaurant in York, Ozcan dreamed he was holding “loads of cash” while standing in front of his boss. When he arrived at the restaurant for his 5pm shift the next day, he was impatient to speak with his employer. “I was saying: ‘Where is he? I need him.’ I was telling everyone I had to play the lottery with the boss,” Ozcan says. After two hours of pestering, Ozcan’s boss agreed to play. Two days later, the winning EuroMillions numbers were drawn – the pair won £1m.

“I’ve had loads of dreams that have become true, but they were little things, like travelling somewhere or having a nice day,” he says. Ozcan was certain this dream was prophetic and that he and his boss would win money together, because a month earlier he prayed for wealth for the first time. “My boss and my colleagues didn’t believe it, but I believed it and that’s why I pressured him for hours.”

Every month premonitions hit the headlines – from the (ironically predictable) claims of Uri Geller to the countless celebrities who claim they foresaw 9/11 (including Michael Caine, Christine Lampard and Richard Madeley). Like Ozcan, several lottery winners claim they predicted their wins. In May this year, a man in Australia and a woman in Maryland both won the lottery by choosing numbers that they say came to them in a dream.

That same month, a woman who lost her fiancé in the 2017 London Bridge terror attacks told an inquest about the moments before his death. Walking towards the Shard on the warm June evening, Christine Delcros suddenly felt uneasy as they neared the bridge and begged her partner to turn back. “We shouldn’t go there, we should go somewhere else,” she recalled saying. Tragically, her fiancé was the first of eight people killed in the attack.

https://www.theguardian.com/global/2019/...dApp_Gmail
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  App-based psychics may be the only people who are doing well in the gig economy mecheeta 0 231 26-07-2019 05:50 PM
Last Post: mecheeta
  “See the future leaking through”: Coil and Time Mediums Now 0 250 17-06-2019 11:44 AM
Last Post: Mediums Now
  Does the future already exist? Lucylonglegs 0 630 14-05-2017 02:56 PM
Last Post: Lucylonglegs
  We asked Las Vegas psychics what the future will bring in 2017 — VIDEO psychicdoglover 0 831 18-01-2017 07:34 AM
Last Post: psychicdoglover
  The future in itself is unpredictable iamacolincookfan 11 2,878 11-07-2014 09:23 PM
Last Post: pollypocket
  telling someone there future.. chrisw316 34 5,030 06-05-2013 08:31 PM
Last Post: chrisw316