Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Online Dating – Can it work?
04-04-2020, 07:29 AM
Online Dating – Can it work?
Yes, indeed it can IF you follow some simple rules to keep yourself safe and take it slowly. There are thousands of couples out there who have met online and have a happy story to tell.

The beauty of online dating is that you CAN e-meet new people with no risk like having a blind date and need to climb out the toilet window within 5 minutes. Take your time is the KEY.

Get to know people, take your time and trust your instincts. Act with caution and learn more about someone before contacting him or her outside of the dating site. Dating services run mail and chat so you can get to know people in a safer and [monitored/controlled] way. They do it to protect you, not to make money. If someone says to you on a first chat, here is my phone number, call me or this is my email address; if you do just that you have left the safety zone. Ask yourself why they would be so keen to offer their personal details so quickly, as you wouldn’t, would you?

Be Anonymous - Choose a username that doesn’t let everyone know who you are. Don't include your surname or any other identifying information such as your place of work either in your profile or when you first make contact. Remember that overtly sexual, provocative or controversial usernames or profiles could attract the wrong kind of attention.

Stop communicating with anyone who attempts to pressure you into providing your personal information. If this happens contact the dating provider immediately to not only protect yourself but other users too. It is their role to protect you. Think of it like a bank. If you give your personal bank details to a ‘friend or family’ and your account gets emptied, the bank won’t be too supportive if you have given your information freely to another.

http://mysticcallpsychicandtarot.blogspo...-work.html
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply