Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
Can too many readings change your focus
08-07-2012, 12:15 PM
Can too many readings change your focus
Having been someone who has had far too many readings in too short a space of time I decided to give it a break for a while (not easy I know).

I began to think about how muddled my mind had become, how confused I was & how I was living and breathing for my next reading each day.
I'd completely lost focus of what I wanted & therefore had started to focus on what I'd been told would happen & when.
Unfortunately as the goal posts moved with each reading & outcomes predicted altered (even slightly) I obviously changed or indeed chopped & changed my expectations & beliefs of what that outcome may be. In short I had no set focus & as someone who strongly believes we create our own futures with thoughts & feelings through energy I can see now how things I'd hoped for or been told at the beginning of the everlasting long line of readings had not come to pass!!!.

The times I actually had a reading that filled me with hope & left me satisfied enough to not go on & have another I did indeed along with the faith (spiritual not religious although if you are religious this is also good) & belief & visualisation of the outcome I soo longed for did see the gradual manifestation of the prediction & my desire come to pass.
Basically a muddled mind creates a muddled future & a clear focused mind created me a positive one, so perhaps find that one psychic you trust & have a connection with & stick with them.
For Instance I now have readings with Shelly & only Shelly because when I looked back over my notes I discovered that the times I'd had readings with her alone & waited for predictions to come to pass they did & it was all fine & stayed on track HOWEVER when I had readings with Shelly & then went on to have other readings with other psychics I became confused & had yet more readings which in turn altered the outcome's quite significantly sometimes from what she had originally predicted.

There is a word that I mentioned earlier that I feel I need to grasp with both hands & that is "Faith" put your faith in that which you desire & believe whole heartedly & most importantly give it time & don't rush the outcome or it WILL be affected.
In the mean time get on with life & (pretend if you have to to begin with) enjoy it & for goodness sake don't do what I did & get in debt with reading after reading because it WON'T help you achieve your goal Infact it will hinder you!!!!.... Sorry to be a bore but just hate to think of anyone throwing money away through desperation like I did. XHeart
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-07-2012, 02:09 PM
RE: Can too many readings change your focus
this is what i'm going through at the moment tchimes. i want to try and be happy and focus on thinking positive and trying my best to 'manifest' my desired outcome but i'll stand up and admit that it's not an easy thing for me to do. as other people on here may have already noticed or picked up on is that i have major, severe issues with my self esteem and self worth, and have always had this problem. like you, i've had a lot of readings with various psychics over a period of about 3 months and they've all been consistent and have all given me much the same readings in terms of what i've been told, how the other person thinks / feels and what the eventual outcome will be. they've all also given me the same time frames for this to happen. it only took 1 bad, negative reading to send me back feeling depressed and upset and like i just wanted to curl up and disappear. this isn't how i want to feel and neither would i want anyone else to feel like this. we are all here to support each other and share tips and advice and personally i like that i can turn to the lovely guys and girls on here and even vent if i need to when i have no-one i can do that with in my own life...
08-07-2012, 02:49 PM
RE: Can too many readings change you focus
There is something else Iv noticed too & that is that Iv never struggled when it comes to chosen career paths & material things Iv desired in my life & I can't help but think its because I haven't worried so much about that stuff & Iv just expected it to fall into place as it has without me worrying when obstacles have arisen... & I'm not talking easy career moves either im talking about falling into jobs that others have trained years for.
Hmmmm but relationships have always been a problem for me & yet a loving loyal relationship is the one thing Iv wanted Sooo very badly my entire life but never had!!! & this includes family relationships.
Having lost my father at a young age & my mother moving away when I was a teen & a sister who never contacts me to the father of my two children who is very much absent & unsupportive for the most part.

Iv drawn to the conclusion that it's good to want things & expect them but then we
have to let it go & just know it will come to pass BUT as I have said I find this very difficult to do when it comes to relationships as I worry so much about not having that person I desire or feeling the loss & emptiness & the pure void they have left in my life. That is the key I am missing, the one that allows me to let go of my hearts desire & allow it the space it needs to manifest.
So you see I know what I have to do because I see it working very well & systematically in all other areas of my life....
Urrrggghhhh this must be my life's lesson & boy is it a hard one but I'm determined to get there because giving up is not an option & I guess when we eventually get there the success will taste all the sweeter & WE WILL get there hopeful WE WILL. X
08-07-2012, 02:55 PM
(08-07-2012 02:49 PM)tchimes Wrote:  Hmmmm but relationships have always been a problem for me & yet a loving loyal relationship is the one thing Iv wanted Sooo very badly my entire life but never had!!!
Iv drawn to the conclusion that it's good to want things & expect them but then we
have to let it go & just know it will come to pass BUT as I have said I find this very difficult to do when it comes to relationships as I worry so much about not having that person I desire or feeling the loss & emptiness & the pure void they have left in my life. That is the key I am missing, the one that allows me to let go of my hearts desire & allow it the space it needs to manifest.
Urrrggghhhh this must be my life's lesson & boy is it a hard one but I'm determined to get there because giving up is not an option & I guess when we eventually get there the success will taste all the sweeter & WE WILL get there hopeful WE WILL. X

snap! i feel exactly the same way about my life Confused all i want is my relationship with the man i love back Heart
08-07-2012, 05:18 PM
Snap !!!! Same boat too so you are not rowing alone xxx
09-07-2012, 09:12 AM
When it comes to readings, one every three months (unless your whole life changes within the three months and there is a specific thing that you may want advice on), is more than enough.

Also, when you have readings with one psychic, and then have more readings with others, the same night or the same week, they will ALL interpret the information they get differently. Which in turn will leave you very confused.

Readings are meant to be for guidance, for people to get themselves back on the right track or to get psychic insight into various different situations in their life.. they are not meant to be used on a daily basis for answers regarding the same question. Unfortunately, this is where TV has skewed what readings are meant to be about.

I am a reader, and I have readings once every three months. I make notes, and then usually forget about the outcomes until they happen, because it's not the outcomes or predictions I have personally phoned about, its the insight.. it's knowing whether I am on the right track that interests me.

I think sometimes, you have to let go of the predictions and not hang on to them. otherwise you will drive yourself crazy. Markers, validations, time scales? psychic readings used to be about psychics helping people to help themselves, to give them insight, to pick up on a situation and give them help from an intuitive perspective. To empower the person to make the changes they want in their life.

The best thing for anyone to do is use positive thinking and to manifest the reality they want by changing the way they think about themselves, their life, the world around them, the people in it, and then to move themselves forwards with a plan of action in how they want their lives to be. Remembering that there is a free will aspect.... for example, you can manifest the type of relationship you want, but you can't always manifest the person, after all, that person may not be yours to manifest, so take the person out of it, and focus on the the type of relationship. You can manifest the type of job you want, just maybe not in the exact place of work you want it, so again, take away the company out of it, and focus on the type of job..... and in between the positive thinking and working with the universe to get the life we as people want, readings are okay, providing we as people do not live our life by them, or put our life on hold because of them :-).

Life is a shipwreck but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats. ~Voltaire
09-07-2012, 11:53 AM
Very positive posts and comments by everyone.... thank you... really made me more confident now.... that is what was happening to me last months..... too many readings..... some studio psychics sweet chat you.... I have smelled the coffee now.... lost faith in psychics.... they make money vulnerable people.... don't want fall in debts.... focusing on my life now.... if ex is meant to come back.... will see at the time Smile
09-07-2012, 12:05 PM
Fortune, if your ex is meant to come back, it will happen... and if not, it is because your ex was just a stepping stone towards meeting the one?

And sometimes you have to really look at why you are holding onto an ex? Because once you move forward, your life WILL become very positive, and you WILL eventually meet the right one..... and the right one will be so much better than the broken ones we tend to try and hold onto :-D

Life is a shipwreck but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats. ~Voltaire
09-07-2012, 12:21 PM
Icemaiden.... thank you.... you are just amazing.... you really inspire and give confidence.... you reminded me of what my brother told me.... he says ex is an ex for a reason.... if they come back.... will I be able to trust him again..... what if he hurts me again?

Not had readings all weekend.... stopping friends from falling in trap of sweet talking psychics..... feel happy and focused..... if I have wobbly days.... will watch the show.... have a good laugh..... it is for entertainment purpose only Big Grin
09-07-2012, 04:27 PM
I think I made it sound easy although I know it's not. Iv had a particularly bad day today but I do know that a psychic cannot make my ex come back to me!!!... I love him & want him but it's his own free will & his choice, so in the mean time I will leave myself open to meeting new inspiring people & await his return lol (live in hope) just know your not alone out there, don't suffer in silence. X

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Psychic enlists police for a change! Psychicfamily 1 1,126 16-12-2011 09:46 AM
Last Post: Curly