Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Derek Acorah: Most Haunted TV medium dies aged 69 after 'very brief illness'
11-01-2020, 04:56 PM
Derek Acorah: Most Haunted TV medium dies aged 69 after 'very brief illness'
TV medium Derek Acorah has died at the age of 69 after a "very brief illness", his wife has confirmed.

In a statement posted on his official Facebook page, Gwen Acorah Johnson added that her husband had been in intensive care after falling into a coma.

She wrote: "Farewell my love! I will miss you forever! I'm devastated to announce that my beloved husband Derek has passed away after a very brief illness.

"Thank you so much to everybody who has supported me - I can never thank you enough."

https://news.sky.com/story/derek-acorah-...s-11900826
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-01-2020, 04:59 PM
RE: Derek Acorah: Most Haunted TV medium dies aged 69 after 'very brief illness'
Yvette Fielding pays VERY curt tribute to her Most Haunted co-star Derek Acorah

Most Haunted's Yvette Fielding has issued a blunt tribute to her late co-host Derek Acorah after the pair fell out over a botched episode of the show over a decade ago.

Acorah died last night aged 69 after he got a sepsis infection following a short battle with pneumonia.

Ms Fielding, 51, who also presented Blue Peter, tweeted: 'Our condolences go out to Derek’s family at this time x.'

But resident parapsychologist Dr Ciaran O'Keeffe said he had set up Acorah by having other crew members feed him false information about spirits in various locations.

Dr O'Keeffe invented a long-dead South African jailer called Kreed Kafer - an anagram of Derek Faker - and said he was stunned when the TV medium 'got possessed by my fictional character' at Bodmin Jail.

In 2006, after Acorah was booted off the show, Ms Fielding told Metro: 'We tell people everything is real, then it turns out he was a fake, so he had to go.'

Acorah fired back, branding Fielding 'egotistical' and 'big-headed'.

Gwen, Acorah's second wife, revealed he had died in a heart-breaking post on his official Facebook account this morning.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article...-died.html
11-01-2020, 05:00 PM
RE: Derek Acorah: Most Haunted TV medium dies aged 69 after 'very brief illness'
Derek Acorah obituary
Spirit medium who found fame in the TV series Most Haunted

As television’s most famous spirit medium and ghost hunter, Derek Acorah, who has died of sepsis aged 69, inevitably attracted controversy. He split opinion among viewers, who either believed in the paranormal and revelled in his “insights” or considered him a fake and a fraud.

A visit to Samlesbury Hall, a medieval manor house in Lancashire, was typical of the Acorah spookfest. He entered to the sound of “girlish laughter”, sensing he was in a former educational establishment, he wrote in his 2004 autobiography, The Psychic Adventures of Derek Acorah. “The energy around me changed and I felt as though I was in an inn. Once more there was laughter around me, but this time it was accompanied by the smell of ale and roasting meats in the huge fireplace … Then I heard a loud bang! ‘Somebody shot themselves here,’ I said.” Acorah came up with a name, Sir John Southworth, adding that he knew the man had suffered at the hands of witch-hunters.

Advertisement
He made his name as the resident medium in the first six series of the TV programme Most Haunted (2002-05), alongside its presenter, Yvette Fielding, and her team of ghost hunters – an astrologer, an anthropologist, a parapsychologist and a medical doctor. They spent nights at stately homes and castles around Britain reputed to be haunted, and purported to feel or hear the supernatural. The show was one of the reality programmes that helped Living TV to become a leading British non-terrestrial channel.

However, Acorah’s credibility was questioned in 2005 when Most Haunted’s parapsychologist, Ciarán O’Keeffe, accused him of being a fake. He claimed that he fed Acorah false information about spirits, including a dead South African jailer called Kreed Kafer – an anagram of “Derek Faker” – at Bodmin Jail, Cornwall, then saw the medium “possessed” by him.

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio...h-obituary
12-01-2020, 07:17 AM
Derek Acorah's heartbroken widow claims she is talking to him beyond the grave

The widow of celebrity medium Derek Acorah is “in shock” – but says she’s already talking to him ­beyond the grave.

Heartbroken Gwen said she was blindsided by Derek’s sudden death – days after they discussed his 70th birthday plans.

In her first interview, Gwen, 71, told the Sunday People: “Derek believed life goes on in another dimension. There’s an element of comfort in that because it’s not a big blank wall and he’s gone.

“I keep thinking I must pick up the phone and tell Derek. I ­actually do tell him. I talk to him.

“People may think I’m mad. I’ve nagged him all his life so why shouldn’t I continue?”

https://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-n...s-21263033

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Zandra Rhodes refused advice from famous psychic medium aunt - even bad news dormammu 0 268 11-05-2020 06:30 AM
Last Post: dormammu
  THE hubby of veteran Page 3 model Linda Lusardi has thanked a Scots medium mecheeta 1 206 27-04-2020 09:05 AM
Last Post: agoodpsychic
  Psychic medium Matt Fraser teases 'something special' in the Meet the Frasers season dormammu 0 188 10-03-2020 08:55 AM
  Daughter-in-law of missing Hamilton man reveals how psychic medium Kelvin Cruickshank dormammu 0 238 27-02-2020 09:57 AM
  Derek Acorah sends New Year message to fans dormammu 0 299 11-01-2020 04:53 PM
  TV PSYCHIC'S AGONY Derek Acorah dead at 69 dormammu 0 280 06-01-2020 06:58 AM
  Murky world of psychics as Derek Acorah dies - back-stabbing, trolling and dirty tact dormammu 0 253 06-01-2020 06:57 AM
  How To Find A Medium Or Psychic Medium mecheeta 0 347 29-11-2019 07:41 AM
Last Post: mecheeta
  Walter Mercado, flamboyant Puerto Rican astrologer, dies at 88 from kidney failure dormammu 0 256 04-11-2019 07:08 AM
  Meet the Minnesota medium who teaches people Mediums Now 0 326 20-10-2019 06:55 AM
Last Post: Mediums Now