Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
Nothing changes on this forum.
10-07-2012, 02:14 PM
Nothing changes on this forum.
I haven't been on here for a few months. I thought I would have a quick look at what was going on today, and to be honest, it's the same. The same topics are repeated over and over. There are half a dozen threads about who you rate and who you don't, proving no one really reads anything.

No one on here is concerned about learning, or discussing the psychic world in a positive way, looking into aspects of meditation, grounding yourself and self improvement etc. Instead the forum is still a pit of self pity, and contradiction. You may think that your all supporting each other, but no one on here ever breaks away from the same thought patterns or strives to see the bigger picture.

The people who had anything worth while to say don't post on here anymore and I would imagine for the reasons above.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-07-2012, 07:14 PM
RE: Nothing changes on this forum.
Nemi - Your post is very harsh and I dont feel it "ok" such posts, life is and can be very simple, if you dont like something dont react - its that simple!

Thanks Daisychain x x
10-07-2012, 07:20 PM
hi im new to this forum. i am an addict and have let readings rule my life and in the process i have messed not only my life up but it has effected my own children as i have spent huge amounts of money and have lost everything. No predictions have ever really come true. I have been so low and in some very dark places. i stumbled across this forum by accident but i cannot tell you how much this has helped me. i read what others have gone through or are still going through and i find some comfort in knowing that i am not alone or going mad. for some it may look as though discussions are repeated but for me and i am sure alot of others it is new and is very much needed. i dont find anything negative in it at all because if it can make just one person like myself realise that i need help and support and not feel so ashamed and alone then it can only be a god send. thankyou to everyone who contributes with their comments you really do not know how much you are helping me...
10-07-2012, 08:12 PM
(10-07-2012 06:03 PM)DaisyChain85 Wrote:  I think that this post is unreasonable. Like yourself, People have the right to post as they choose and if it makes them feel better then I say go for it. In my darkest times I used this forum a lot. It's not about self pity, it's about reaching out to people that have an understanding of what you are going through. In recent months I've said that I won't be going to book another reader but then the temptation has become to much and I've given in. I don't agree with some things that PT do but for a lot of us, readings are/ have been an addiction so yes we have free will but using it is easier said than done.

So what if people repeat posts. If people want to get involved an find out how others are getting on then so be it. Just don't contribute. I'm pretty much over readings now but I still want to know how people are getting on and how they find certain readers that I have spoken to before.

With regards to positivity. Check back to the 30 day challenge post. A lot of people benefitted from that and for quite some time the forum was incredibly positive. It's not that clean cut though, people continue to struggle and slip back into negativity.

If this forum supports just one person through their problems and needs to be used to rant and rave because they dont have anyone else to talk too, then so be it. Having a reading addiction and being in a bad place in life, is a really awful place to be. I don't think that it's helpful when someone logs in to see that they have been accused of being contradictory and using the board for self pity.

I'm not one to get involved in arguments but there was really no need for the above post.You have free will to say whatever you wish but I don't think that posts like this are very productive. Just my views.

Brilliant Daisy Chain. Heart 100% agree. Heart
10-07-2012, 08:13 PM
(10-07-2012 07:20 PM)sunbeam Wrote:  hi im new to this forum. i am an addict and have let readings rule my life and in the process i have messed not only my life up but it has effected my own children as i have spent huge amounts of money and have lost everything. No predictions have ever really come true. I have been so low and in some very dark places. i stumbled across this forum by accident but i cannot tell you how much this has helped me. i read what others have gone through or are still going through and i find some comfort in knowing that i am not alone or going mad. for some it may look as though discussions are repeated but for me and i am sure alot of others it is new and is very much needed. i dont find anything negative in it at all because if it can make just one person like myself realise that i need help and support and not feel so ashamed and alone then it can only be a god send. thankyou to everyone who contributes with their comments you really do not know how much you are helping me...

Big Hugs for youHeart Majority of the people on here are supportive and kind. So glad it's helping you.
Love & Light xxxx
10-07-2012, 10:45 PM
Well said DaisyChain you just said it all. I agree and everyone has the right to say and share their experiences whether negative or positive. This forum has no restrictions.

There is alot of support on this forum and it's not to stop people having readings but to stop people relying too much on readings and predictions, as it can cause more frustration and heartaches when things don't come to happen. Majority of people have been in similar situations for years and have started to come out of it, and I personally don't think there is anything in wrong from preventing new ones from going through similar painful circumstances as they can cause financial problems if it becomes an addiction.

There are positive posts like the 30 day challenge posts and other inspirational posts. There are some posts from frustrated viewers, all because of poor services from PT and money making scam. PT are useless with their customer services and never there to help the frustrated viewers, but so many responses in this forum show, how this forum has helped them. There are posts here which encourage people to have private readings with psychics or go to spiritualist church, not only they are cheaper but the quality of reading is better than phone or studio show readings.

Nemi - the forum allows everyone to share their views but I personally don't agree with your post and this is just my view.
11-07-2012, 12:15 AM
I think the beat will start to change, as more people are now waking up to not relying too much readings and predictions and starting to listen to their intuition. The 30 day challenge is also a good way to detox from the addiction and get back your power, and stay more focused. After that comes the self development along with spiritual journey, where more guidance about spiritual development comes, including grounding and meditation etc all is to follow.

All the negativity has been constructive and empowering and uplifting for many, leading to the changing of the beat now.
11-07-2012, 12:19 AM
Worrier how about "if you don't like the music you can change the beat" from jazz to hiphop hehehe Smile
11-07-2012, 10:12 AM
I have only been on this forum a short while but have read most of the threads & there is a change. People are learning to rely on themsleves more. I also think Nemi if you want to talk about meditation, crystals, healing etc start up a thread but most people on here want to talk about their own experience because they have no where else to turn to.
11-07-2012, 12:18 PM
I feel that this was a really harsh and negative post to start Nemi (sorry but I do)

I have noticed a huge change in how people are seeing things, and what people on here are doing to change their lives for the better. There was a 30 day challenge thread where people have taken part in a 30 day challenge, people are relying on psychics a lot less and looking at ways to improve their life. People are no longer afraid of sharing their stories and experiences with the forum, where in the past people were often shot down for doing just that.

It has actually been pleasing to see so many people on here start to take control of their own lives, and others have become supportive of those around them instead of waiting for psychics to tell them what they should do. And you know what, those taking control should be damn proud of themselves.

Sorry you don't like the fact people appear to be taking a more pro active stance and that it doesn't fit with what you would like to see.

Life is a shipwreck but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats. ~Voltaire

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Negative Interaction on Psychic Forum Ella Hardy 19 3,203 10-05-2013 02:53 PM
Last Post: chrisw316