Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Escapism
18-07-2012, 11:48 AM (This post was last modified: 18-07-2012 11:50 AM by Mitzu.)
Escapism
I hate coming on here and sounding like a horrible person because I am not its just I have been where you all are right now. I can almost put money on feeling every single feeling felt by you all in this group.

Psychics, clairvoyance, medium ship etc are all forms of escape. Sorry to be blunt but its because you are unable to accept the reality of your situation. It is like any other drug or form of addiction it gets you out of your own head space and into a "pain free" world.... Only to find when the hit is gone you are back at square one looking for another high.

I remember being on top of the world after all my readings & believed it would all happen for me but then one evening I had arranged to meet with friends & saw my ex out with his pregnant wife, hand in hand. Going for dinner. I just sat in my car numb. The whole evening passed in a blur. I had several missed calls & my head was spinning.

I don't want to hurt anyone because I know where you are & I care about how delicate it is but please please do yourselves a favor & find out for sure. Psychics may pick up on something but is "something" really good enough to put your hopes & dreams upon.

Heart
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
18-07-2012, 12:22 PM
RE: Escapism
I partly agree with what you are saying......... however what is wrong with escapism.

As I have said on an earlier thread you should not live your life by what a readers have said as there are no guarantees. I have readings done privately which are more about empowerment and what I need to work on within myself, its not so much about "fortune telling". It's all about options available and being guided by spirit towards the right option for me in a given circumstance. Let's face it... I would say the majority of people have readings regarding relationships, exes coming back. An ex is an ex for a reason. If something hasn't worked out for whatever reason there is a leason to be learned from both sides.

I got dumped by my ex (not nastily) but spent months mulling it over thinking he would re-consider as I had miscontrued one sentence a reader had given to my sister in her reading. The reader said to my sister that I would have a relationship which would not work out but it was "meant to be". I spent months thinking it was okay as the relationship was "meant to be" and we would find our way back to each other. Now I know she meant the fact that we split up was meant to be. After thinking about it in the past few months I can see why we came together and why we had to split up as it was all to do with timing and him not having enough time for me. Readings for me are about options that may come available... mainly about new love coming into my life which I am sure we all want. Predictions actually have transpired with readers over the course of my readings (but I only use a few local ones) but I dont live my life by it, for me it is just a little boost knowing that there is someone there for me, and the main thing is I truly believe it. Stick to a few good readers, don't live you life by it. Exes don't come back that often.. sometimes they are stepping stones.

I have sent a couple of messages into PT and I would say I have had different responses. So who knows who is coming into my life. He will arrive when he does and when the time is right. I don't sit there waiting for things to transpire.
18-07-2012, 01:56 PM
At some point in a relationship break up, I think we as people have to face the fact the ex is not coming back. Especially if they are happy with someone else, getting married, having a child etc etc. And I know its hard, but it is much better to face the reality of the situation, than to phone psychics who deep down, I think you know are only giving you false hope.

Yes, sometimes relationships break down and the two people get back together, but that is generally very early on in the break up, and not years down the line.

I speak about the 6 month rule. If you are not back with your ex after 6 months, then the chances are, you are probably not going to get back with them. If your ex has moved on, then maybe people should think about moving on themselves, and not holding onto something that is just a fantasy, when they could be out making a good reality for themselves

And I am talking about the universal you BTW LOL (just in case my post is taken the wrong way)

Also, I think that if an ex is happy with someone else, then we as people have no right what so ever to try and damage their relationship. Others may disagree, but actually, we have no right to ruin the happiness of others simply because we cannot let go of someone. And as hard as it is, sometimes we have to let go.

After all, if an ex is meant to be in your life, then it will happen, and if not, then its because there is someone else out there for you. Of course, this is where everyone has two choices, to hold onto the past for endless months and years, or to draw a line under the past, and create a damn good future.

Life is a shipwreck but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats. ~Voltaire
19-07-2012, 02:43 PM (This post was last modified: 19-07-2012 02:44 PM by Dream Catcher.)
I think to some degree we all need escapism to survive but what I think Mitzu is trying to say is when you depend on it or it becomes more your routine than chill out time there's a problem. FOR EXAMPLE its like going to the pub on a Friday night with a few friends- its fun & a good way to unwind but if you find you are out all the time getting sloshed its not healthy. I think that's approach needed re psychic readings- in moderation (like all things) they are fine but when you let them control you it's another story completely.

I haven't had a reading since Saturday. Yay!!!!!
20-07-2012, 10:02 AM
But can you deal with the situation if you immense yourself in escapism, and then build a fantasy around that escapism, choosing to often ignore the reality of it?

And this goes for any situation.

And this is where people become dependent on readings, because it provides the escapism, until eventually, all they think about is what they lost or want, and create a fantasy around it.

There are no easy answers. After all, as you rightly said, everyone deals with things in different ways. But sometimes, simply allowing yourself to move on, creates a more positive outcome. If something or someone is meant to be yours, it will always find its way back to you, and if not, there is better waiting out there.

A relationship break up is like a death, there is a grieving process until finally we all find that sense of acceptance. But escaping from feelings, from the emotions, is like locking a bubbling volcano up into a chest and locking it. Eventually that volcano is going to start bubbling over. With all the emotions, often quite negative ones, causing physical issues, or chakras becoming blocked and unbalanced etc etc.

It's also very easy to see an ended relationship with rose tinted glasses (And I don't think there is a person alive who has not done that at some point lol). The more you immense yourself in the escapism and the fantasy, the more rose tinted the past relationship becomes or the ex (or the situation). Until the relationship, ex or situation has been placed on a pedal stall so high?

Maybe the key is balance. Finding the balance between dealing with unresolved emotions and the reality of the situation, while allowing a little time to escape in the early days?

Life is a shipwreck but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats. ~Voltaire