Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
the ever growing debate of psychic abilty
08-08-2012, 02:19 AM
the ever growing debate of psychic abilty
I've been very back and forth lately of the psychic ability. Easily put down to predictions given and they've flown by without a thing happening.
Now i'm not writing this to anger anyone, as i'm sure i'm not the only one who has had these back and forth thoughts, and my argument is going to be very contradictory without any real conclusion. Let's call it thinking out loud.

I've done cosmic ordering that has never amounted to anything. I have lit candles and put my wishes out. I have worn crystals that have boosted my confidence or soothed me (in a general way) when that's their purpose... but "lucky" or "money" ones haven't exactly changed anything. I've had psychic readings where it's been "spot on" and readings where it's been a case of pulling straws. Recently I've had a reading from a very well rated psychic. He seems genuine... really does... like he believes in his ability and you couldn't imagine he would want to scam anyone.. however now a few days later looking back on it, the things I thought "wow", was very much on the lines of what people like Derren Brown call the tricks of the trade... the psychic picked up features of the individual in question, something about the nose (I'm thinking, yes! Been broken alot, no bone left!)... something about the hair (...didn't really like his hairstyle) ... ok, very common features to take note of with someone. But then the picking of straws came, "tell me who's the chef"... after lots of picking about who this could be, we somehow settled on it was a job offer that amounted to nothing last year of working as a restaurant manager... then some friend names "who's Scott?" "who's Tracey?"... sorry no idea... "keep an eye out for those names"... 15 minutes into the call I was given psychic guidance of wait for the individual to make the first contact.
And I mean it when I say he's a well rated psychic... i've seen alot of people praise him despite putting all other psychics down... but this one reading has left me to look back at a lot of my other readings and pick up things that could apply to anyone at all... i like teaching, photography, i have paperwork needed doing.... just a couple there off the top of my head... and i've often been told i have a promotion at work coming up i just need to stay focused and when the opportunity comes to not doubt myself and go for it.... Should I have told them at this point I'm currently a student? No job for a promotion at the moment I'm afraid. I'm sure I would have been met with "ah yes I see it now, success with exams".

On the contradictory side however, I do play around with playing cards... I don't look for meaning's in them really but I'll now and again ask to be shown in numbers how long until something (various things). Example being I was waiting on contact from someone regarding something health related in mid June as was certain I'd receive contact within a few days... the cards told me the 7th Month, and it was early July I finally received the contact. Something I've expected to happen this month, the cards have told me the 9th Month... and indeed these plans have to be held off until September... I have however at times shuffled the pack and disregarded that pull of card because it wasn't anywhere close to what I was expecting it to be so can't say I had full belief in what I was pulling out sometimes.
And it's only until tonight whilst I've been beating myself up for believing in the psychic world that I pulled out my trusty deck and asked to be shown guidance more than ever how long until contact with "mr x". On Sunday it came up 10... on Monday 9... early in the hours of Wednesday 7. All on only 1 shuffle. Actually on the Sunday I kept repeating it and kept pulling out the 10 straight away or an Ace followed by a 10 (different suits if you're questioning my shuffling skills here Tongue )

It's like some strange countdown Tongue I'm going to wait until these 7 days are up until I make my final decision of the spiritual world. Let's hope it's a gooden ey!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-08-2012, 06:04 PM
RE: the ever growing debate of psychic abilty
Popsie, I think your thoughts will resonate with a lot of people on here. I have thought the same as you at some point after having readings and I still question whether what I've been told is real since so many of my predictions over the years have never come to pass.

I still believe in the spiritual side of things and I myself use Angel and Unicorn cards to give my own readings and I find these to be a lot more accurate than anything a psychic has told me. I also created a Vision Board last week which I am seeing the benefits of particularly in regards to my financial situation.

I don't know what conclusion we can draw from our experiences but suffice to say it seems that all signs are pointing to us trusting our own instincts and in the universe. I know a lot of people on here have already discovered this themselves but it is only recently that I have gone from being addicted to psychic readings to trusting my intuition and the guidance I am being given from my angels and guides. It would be interesting to see what others on here think of this.
08-08-2012, 11:40 PM
Hi EarthAngel! I'm still in 2 minds, and I won't lie i'm putting my "guides" through some little tests at the moment just so there can be some sort of proof for my own comfort. I feel like I'm in primary school testing the whole religion theory all over again haha.
I'm expecting a call on Friday from someone, although with their track record I wouldn't guarantee it, so I asked my cards earlier and I got the 2 days. And supposing I get this call, I'm looking then to have a meeting with someone Monday next week, and again the card pulled was the 5days. Out of a 4/52 chance, if these events happen as I'm expecting and the cards echo'd are correct, I'll put my faith back into the energies. But agreeing with yourself, led by my own intuition.

It's funny when you look back on some of the top rated psychics, they generally tend to put it all in your hands anyway. I've never when actually on a call to a psychic been given a certain number of weeks or clear predictions, and I know that would be answered back that nothing's set in stone and free will etc. However surely the predictions given would give you both the either/or option.
My favourite reading was that "mr x" will come back however I shouldn't block the energy, therefore I should move on anyway, because it won't change whether he comes back or not. Now, I just can't take that seriously. Basically, I should move on... and in that case Step 1 is achieved: whether he comes back or not it won't bother me. and Step 2: If he doesn't come back, I've clearly been blocking the energy. If a prediction was to be given here, would it not be based on how much "energy" i'm giving this situation right now therefore still be able to lead to either a yes or no answer? "Maybe" is the most infuriating possibility for humans. It's the limbo and unknown. But that's all psychic readings are.. they give you a "possible outcome" therefore a "maybe this will happen... maybe it won't". Now if I were to be told a straight up "no", that would be the way to get me to stop putting energy on a situation.

I suppose i'm coming slowly to the conclusion that the psychic world is very much built on human greed. We want answers, we want a quick fix... we want that one step up on ourselves, and what better way than to know the future?
08-08-2012, 11:49 PM
(08-08-2012 06:04 PM)EarthAngel Wrote:  Popsie, I think your thoughts will resonate with a lot of people on here. I have thought the same as you at some point after having readings and I still question whether what I've been told is real since so many of my predictions over the years have never come to pass.

mmm-hmmm same here with me earthangel.....
09-08-2012, 08:56 AM
(08-08-2012 11:49 PM)hopeful Wrote:  
(08-08-2012 06:04 PM)EarthAngel Wrote:  Popsie, I think your thoughts will resonate with a lot of people on here. I have thought the same as you at some point after having readings and I still question whether what I've been told is real since so many of my predictions over the years have never come to pass.

mmm-hmmm same here with me earthangel.....

I think readings posts such as Dolly's and others were predictions do not come true and the Sapphire's whereby she was advised not to go onto to meet the man who then became her husband because she ignored the psychic advice..it is wise to pay attention to ones own intuition and strengthen ones own spiritual side in developing tools that enable the creation and manifestation of what you want...I have found psychics useful for insight to help me make choices..but as we have found out the road to finding those psychics who we connect with can be long and confusing and expensive and wretched...I have found sometimes predictions take years to come around..I have found predictions particularly for another not come to pass..so now I follow my instincts listen to the insight and work with a psychics who show the possibilities and then one who helps me manifest my own predictions so gone is the waiting..or sense Im giving the power away..
I do believe as I have been transformed by working with a psychic healer and some of the validations have made me come out in goose bumps. I think part of the issue is that has become mass market and over accessible and without the education on how to use readings or how they work or regulations on the readers..it is wide open..to us not using it all wisely........our power our choices are our own..psychics are perhaps only knife sharpners of our own instinct..and indicate the potential weather report of our lives...but we have a real play in how it unfolds..
09-08-2012, 05:03 PM
Popsie, you are completely right in what you said about freewill, etc. I feel psychics use that as a "get out of jail free" card when they get feedback saying their prediction never happened. If any prediction is always based on freewill and whether you are blocking the energy or not then the prediction is never going to happen. We will always be setting ourselves up to fail because we maybe doubted what we've been told by a psychic, spent too much energy waiting on the ex coming back or taken a psychic's advice which we knew was instinctively wrong but trusted that what they have said must be the truth.

Like Flamered said, psychic readings have become over accessible and that is probably not what they were meant for but because companies like Psychic Today see the potential in making money out of people's new found spiritual beliefs, they've blurred the line as to what psychic readings should be about. Perhaps psychic readings are only about guidance and were never meant to be used for predictions but because we have all these psychic shows and psychic phone lines telling us that their psychics are the best and can predict the future, people assume that that is what having a psychic reading is for. I agree with Flamered in that there should be more education and guidance on exactly what a psychic reading is all about and should be used for.

I think from this thread as well as various other posts on this forum, we appear to be coming to the conclusion that getting a psychic reading isn't going to tell us what is going to happen and perhaps we should just be focussing on enjoying our lives and not have them ruled by what a psychic does or doesn't say will happen. Life is short and I worry that one day I'll look back and regret that I wasted all this time and money chasing psychics for predictions which were under my nose all along.
10-08-2012, 06:21 AM
Nice reading.
10-08-2012, 11:29 AM
Until recently I too thought freewill was a get out of jail card, but I had it explained clearly to me and now I see that is is real. Now I see it like a game of pool..imagine for what ever reason your hit of the ball to the pocket goes slightly off course..look at the changes in the configeration of other balls..one slight shift can effect everything..or alter the path or timing..

Contact readings are best taken lightly for this reason..and to create your own game plan instead...and how mny times do we change our minds and say oh Il do that tomorrow..next week..

I think predictions are fine as long as we don't hang our lives on them..also perhaps think when you go into an art gallery or see a movie with a friend you will probably have very different views or memories or aspects that stand out for you..readers are the same..they may have the same information but will perceive and therefore deliver it differently...always useful to check they have the correct framework..My friend uses a regular psychic once a year and it has proved beneficial and predictions have come true though often late..impatience and readings do not work..and also not acting on the signs messages lessons inbetween....
10-08-2012, 03:42 PM
Card of the day pulled... 5.

I'm becoming a little nervous about Wednesday now. If nothing actually happens, I still give the cards praise for giving me a consistent countdown never the less! Quite impressive.
10-08-2012, 05:00 PM
I decided to pick a card for today this morning from my Unicorn cards and the card that literally jumped out at me was "Worth Waiting For". That card could not have been more relevant for today because an outcome that I was hoping for happened and the card totally described how I am feeling about it now Smile

I had been asking my Unicorn cards about the situation before today and the cards had been positive about it but to get that card jumping out at me this morning really meant a lot and gave me that confirmation that I don't always need to go to a psychic for answers when I can just rely on the guidance I am getting from my Angels and Spirit Guides.