Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Dan Aykroyd on his family history in the occult and why he wanted to be part of Hotel
09-05-2020, 08:04 AM
Dan Aykroyd on his family history in the occult and why he wanted to be part of Hotel
If you want to talk about ghosts, then who are you gonna call? You should probably call Dan Aykroyd. His fascination with the paranormal started in childhood. He channelled that fascination into a particularly well-known movie about ghosts. Yes, it was a comedy. But Aykroyd’s interest in the paranormal is no laughing matter.

He explores his curiosity about ghosts and ghost stories as the narrator of the new television show Hotel Paranormal, airing on T+E. The 10-part documentary series, produced by Toronto-based Saloon Media, a Blue Ant Media company, features stories about people who claim to have encountered ghosts and otherworldly phenomena in hotels. The Globe and Mail’s Dave McGinn spoke to Aykroyd by phone about his family history in the occult, why he wanted to be part of the documentary and why he hopes it helps turn scientists into believers.

Is it true your great-grandfather was a spiritualist who held seances?

He did. There’s a book called History of Ghosts. My dad wrote it. It’s about mediumship and his interest in it. He was the reviewer of all the psychic acts who came through town. He was associated with the Lily Dale community in New York, where today you can go and get a reading from a registered psychic. He passed it on to his son and my dad, Peter. They wanted to know what’s going on here. How is levitation possible? How is ectoplasm possible? They wanted to do inquiry. They passed it on to me and then I took it and turned it in to a ludic exploitation of it with Ghostbusters.

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/arts/tel...wanted-to/
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Celebtry Haunted Hotel drstrange 0 2,046 24-10-2016 07:41 PM
Last Post: drstrange