Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
WARNING ABOUT FREE MINUTES
15-09-2012, 11:00 PM (This post was last modified: 15-09-2012 11:02 PM by lapislazuli.)
WARNING ABOUT FREE MINUTES
I would like to post this on here as I'm outraged by psychic today and since they've provided no support whatsoever think everyone deserves to know their true service.

Yesterday I rang up to trial out their free 10 minutes offer as I've never used the service before, just used their voicemail service.
The girl on the phone tried 2 different cards, each of which she said would not work.... I didn't quite understand this as if no payment was being taken why would my card "not work"? and I was not able to receive the free minutes

Woke up this morning to find both card accounts have been charged. £15 on one and the other £45!.. according to my bank £15 charged 3x.

Rang psychic today who told me I'll have to wait until 10.30 monday to speak to customer services! So my non-existent free 10 minutes has cost me £60? And no one will explain why or hand me to someone who will sort this.

So this is a warning to anyone who is looking to use their deals, that you may well be robbed.
I'll be taking legal action against this so good on you PTV for your brilliant customer service role.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
16-09-2012, 09:10 AM
RE: WARNING ABOUT FREE MINUTES
That is absolutely appauling! I feel so sorry for you too, to have to wait through the tourture of needing to speak to someone..

I do hope you'll be sorted tomorrow.

Xx
16-09-2012, 09:42 AM
i heard the presenter say a few nights ago that they only take your credit card details incase you go over the 10 minutes during the reading and then they will charge your card the usual £1.53 per minute for each extra minute that you use...
16-09-2012, 11:25 AM
Aboslutely appauling and I hope you get this sorted and get your money back.

I would like to share something that has happened to my sister. It was a wake up call for her and to make sure you are in control of the reading. She once book 20 minutes through the credit card number and was put through to the Christian Martin, and it was her first reading with him. He was taking his time but few minutes before coming to end of 20 minutes, the reading started to warm up and reading was getting deeper, the 20 minute went upto 50 minutes. Nothing she was told in the reading, has happened, and she is gutted having spent all that money. Same thing has happened with couple psychics and she realized, she paying too much for readings by going through credit card calls. If she had gone directly via Option 0 the call would have ended at 20 minutes. It now makes sense why the presenters keep going on about credit card team, holding the psychic for you while they wait for payment transaction. Make sure you are in control of the reading and keep an eye on the time.

It has been mentioned on social networking sites by one of the psychics that they have been hold to hold a call for at least 10 minutes so viewers need to watch out not to fall for this trap and be in control at all times.
16-09-2012, 01:05 PM
(15-09-2012 11:00 PM)lapislazuli Wrote:  I would like to post this on here as I'm outraged by psychic today and since they've provided no support whatsoever think everyone deserves to know their true service.

Yesterday I rang up to trial out their free 10 minutes offer as I've never used the service before, just used their voicemail service.
The girl on the phone tried 2 different cards, each of which she said would not work.... I didn't quite understand this as if no payment was being taken why would my card "not work"? and I was not able to receive the free minutes

Woke up this morning to find both card accounts have been charged. £15 on one and the other £45!.. according to my bank £15 charged 3x.

Rang psychic today who told me I'll have to wait until 10.30 monday to speak to customer services! So my non-existent free 10 minutes has cost me £60? And no one will explain why or hand me to someone who will sort this.

So this is a warning to anyone who is looking to use their deals, that you may well be robbed.
I'll be taking legal action against this so good on you PTV for your brilliant customer service role.

Before you go into meltdown, I work within PCI.

If you are using a card to make a purchase, the bank or credit card company reserve the requested funds. If they don't receive an authorisation code from the merchant, they will place these funds back into your bank account, or back to your credit card.

This can take anything between 5-10 days depending on the policy of bank/credit card company concerned. There isn't anything the merchant can do, if they weren't able to take the payment.

If after a 10 day period the funds haven't been returned, you can then make a request with the merchant to make a check.

So rather than have a moan that it's PT's fault , look into what has actually happened first.
16-09-2012, 03:26 PM
(16-09-2012 01:27 PM)Muffins Wrote:  Also, regarding buying 20 mins or however many through the CC line, you can just have the call go dead once the time expires. I've never had the call continue after the minutes I've bought. So you could ask PI to turn off this facility.

Thanks Muffin. For the call not to continue after 20 minutes, is that something optional which should be told when minutes are booked?
16-09-2012, 04:02 PM
I don't know if this is of any help but if you book the minutes with the credit card girls and then they put you through to the psychic, then near the end of the booked mins a voice tells you it will cost if you stay on the line. It is very easy just to carry on the reading and forget it's now costing a small fortune. However if you buy mins then get a pin no. and then go through to your choosen psychic by phoning 080004008088, do as voice says e.g put in pin no. listen to t&c's and put in psychics no, you are not charged for this time (about 1 1/2 mins) you then use up the booked mins, at 1 min from end of booked mins a voice tells you and it cuts off. This way you do budget abit, although if many mins are booked its very easy to use more than intended. I now try to set a limit on each reading. A couple of the girls who work on the credit card line actually split my hour booked into 2 ,1/2 hours. I am no fan of Psychic tv any more they have become a money making machine and don't seem to care for their customers anymore, but they do have a few good psychics working for them and a few of the staff are very sweet. I have had a few problems with PTV but i have to admit it has got sorted and i was given some free mins.
16-09-2012, 05:26 PM
(16-09-2012 02:37 PM)Gilly Wrote:  
(16-09-2012 01:05 PM)Nemi Wrote:  

Before you go into meltdown, I work within PCI.

If you are using a card to make a purchase, the bank or credit card company reserve the requested funds. If they don't receive an authorisation code from the merchant, they will place these funds back into your bank account, or back to your credit card.

This can take anything between 5-10 days depending on the policy of bank/credit card company concerned. There isn't anything the merchant can do, if they weren't able to take the payment.

If after a 10 day period the funds haven't been returned, you can then make a request with the merchant to make a check.

So rather than have a moan that it's PT's fault , look into what has actually happened first.

And here you are again dripping poison!
Someone posts with a legitimate complaint and like a snake lurking ready to pounce your in. You try to disguise your poison by pretending it to be constructive criticism. The likes of you have stopped the genuinely nice people posting. Is it that you actually work for PI?
[/quote]

Suspicious Kath, who has twisted knickers. U make me laugh, so much!
16-09-2012, 06:29 PM
The £45 in the process from being taken from my account has actually sent the account into arrears. I phoned my bank to find out what was happening because I hadn't made a £45 purchase anywhere and all they could see their end, because the purchase hasn't cleared yet, was that the £45 is made from 3 £15 purchases to Oak(something) telecommunications, but they couldn't do anything until it's been fully cleared... which has left me unable to buy my food shopping this weekend because i'm apparently overdrawn.

I rang the booking line because the customer service line isn't open at weekends, and confirmed that they do work with the Oak(something) company, but they can't do anything despite charging my card for absolutely nothing.
It wasn't even me going over my free 10 minutes... as I was told I could not receive them because my card "didn't work". I don't understand why I would have been charged £15.. let alone £45?

It's 100% a psychic today fault which has caused a lot of problems for me. But they've not allowed me to talk to anyone about this just fogged me off to speak to someone 2 days later, so for that reason, have posted my discrace with their service.
16-09-2012, 06:29 PM
Marymac - Why the f@@@ are you still going on about Kath, get a life and grow up..

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  just 5 minutes.. who would you choose? popsie 8 1,740 30-10-2012 03:10 PM
Last Post: flamered