27-09-2012, 09:31 AM
RE: SPAM
I know its getting really silly with all the spam :-(

Life is a shipwreck but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats. ~Voltaire
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
27-09-2012, 06:11 PM
I agree. We had posted about this already but don't know if anyone checks these boards anymore.
28-09-2012, 10:48 AM
Spam spam spam spam....................its like Monty Python spamalot on here. I wonder if i'll be banned if i start swearing at them on all their threads............I sent admin a private message, i guess they don't look on here anymore. oh well at least i won't be banned..haha
28-09-2012, 12:24 PM
I have reported every one I see but alas, they are not removing them *big huge sigh*

Life is a shipwreck but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats. ~Voltaire
06-10-2012, 09:40 AM
Spammers are out in force again...............What do they benifit from it. Surely no one is stupid enough to read it. It's junk advertising. So why are they posting on here????????
06-10-2012, 10:15 AM
(06-10-2012 09:40 AM)Gem Wrote:  Spammers are out in force again...............What do they benifit from it. Surely no one is stupid enough to read it. It's junk advertising. So why are they posting on here????????

What's going on? The only 'New Posts' today were all spam plus this thread complaining about it. Is there an administrator on this forum? If not perhaps we should address this.

I don't feel quite so comfortable about contributing to an un-moderated forum. What does everyone else think and does anyone know who actually runs this forum?

One thing is for sure, that we in the industry and the clients really do benefit from a forum such as this. If this one is to succumb to spammers, perhaps a new one should be created?

I would be happy to participate and help moderate if people were up for it. I could even host it if the idea appeals.

If the feedback is encouraging then I might start a new thread along those lines to get a 'straw poll' of forum members.

Blessings,

Carrie

[b]Carrie Kirkpatrick
Oracle Television
http://www.oracletelevision.com
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-10-2012, 11:03 AM (This post was last modified: 06-10-2012 11:04 AM by Muffins.)
The administrator does come in and remove spam etc - and responds to requests - it is adminsitered, just probably not 24 hours! I don't think a new forum is necessary, as everyone has established a pattern here, and knows who is who, and can contact each other etc., if needed! Spam goes on everywhere on the 'net - and its not like the spammers are hacking our accounts on here or anything - its just advertising!!
06-10-2012, 11:17 AM
There r lots of helpful posts on ere. Good info & discussion.
Movin to another forum, would loose all that.
06-10-2012, 11:24 AM
Good point MaryMac - there is historic information here, shows progress of peoples lives and stories... I think it would be a shame to lose it...

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  No More Spam! admin 27 152,594 25-06-2020 05:46 PM
Last Post: MichaelArthur