Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Why does Psychic TV refrain from publishing negative comments on their site?
03-03-2011, 06:46 PM
Hi Psychic TV,

This has been asked by many people on this site and we still haven't had a concrete answer....

Its about time that the channel was a bit more realistic and HONEST.....

There is NO WAY that ALL of the readings that have been given have been 'SPOT ON' as ALOT of the readers get it WRONG......

Once again, the programme is misleading as you are showing that all things said are true and will come true.

This is quite dangerous and can be disheartening for some people as some viewers do believe everything they see and hear.

Not myself, as readings for me are just guidelines to see if my OWN intuition is correct.

But what about those that are feeling very low?

How can you publish 100% positive comments time and time again, when its IMPOSSIBLE for all your readers to be 100% correct time and time again.

I'm not putting down the readers as they ARE HUMAN, and do make mistakes and get things wrong like the rest of us....

But surely, it would be very wise to allow some of the negative comments to go through so that we can all see a realistic view....
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-03-2011, 08:45 PM
RE: Why does Psychic TV refrain from publishing negative comments on their site?
Well said! I was of the understanding that under TV rules & regs they were not allowed to filter out those feedbacks that they didn't like, I thought they had to post all feedback as long as they were within guidelines so I assume they could possibly end up in trouble if they were found out.

I agree readers are only human but there are some that are just not good at all so people are wasting their money, if there were both negative & positive feedback posted then people can make up their own minds.

I feel PI are quite rude, in that, do they really think we are all that naive and stupid to believe nobody has ever sent in negative feedback!!

As long as it's polite I can't see anything wrong with saying sorry not a good reading for me and an explanation as to why.

I can only summaise that they must feel they have something to hide!?!
04-03-2011, 05:33 PM (This post was last modified: 04-03-2011 05:35 PM by Blair.)
RE: Why does Psychic TV refrain from publishing negative comments on their site?
(03-03-2011 08:45 PM)IndigoJ Wrote:  Well said! I was of the understanding that under TV rules & regs they were not allowed to filter out those feedbacks that they didn't like, I thought they had to post all feedback as long as they were within guidelines so I assume they could possibly end up in trouble if they were found out.

I agree readers are only human but there are some that are just not good at all so people are wasting their money, if there were both negative & positive feedback posted then people can make up their own minds.

I feel PI are quite rude, in that, do they really think we are all that naive and stupid to believe nobody has ever sent in negative feedback!!

As long as it's polite I can't see anything wrong with saying sorry not a good reading for me and an explanation as to why.

Hi IndigoJ,

I'm glad you agree with me. What are they trying hide????

The funny things is Psychic TV have been online today but have failed to answer this question, which makes me feel as if they truly have got something to hide and ARE breaching the rules etc...

I wonder what OFCOM would say about this?

How can we trust such a programme that is being dishonest to their viewers....
05-03-2011, 12:38 PM
(04-03-2011 05:33 PM)Blair Wrote:  
(03-03-2011 08:45 PM)IndigoJ Wrote:  Well said! I was of the understanding that under TV rules & regs they were not allowed to filter out those feedbacks that they didn't like, I thought they had to post all feedback as long as they were within guidelines so I assume they could possibly end up in trouble if they were found out.

Hi IndigoJ,

The funny things is Psychic TV have been online today but have failed to answer this question, which makes me feel as if they truly have got something to hide and ARE breaching the rules etc...

Well said Blaire....I don't think they are actually in breach. I think they have a right to publish what they want on their site..they would have to so as rude comments don't get aired...but the ones they DO publish they can't edit those ones. So in essence, though the feedback left does not create a fair balance for people to judge a psychic, they aren't in fact breaking any laws. Ethical and moral laws however is a different story! When I go to buy a book from the likes of Amazon say or anything online, I ALWAYS read the customer feedback first. And the negative comments help me just as much as the positive ones, and EVEN if the comment is negative from another person's point of view, doesn't necessarily put me off buying the book! Now if Amazon can post negative comments about items they want to sell..why on earth can't PI do it? It's all about balance and seriously how on earth can PI be balanced and ethical if it misleads people who are low, vulnerable or those who just are interested n what you have to offer. You have a great service...just not a blanced one. Thank you
05-03-2011, 12:42 PM

Hi IndigoJ,

I don't understand what OFCOM could do to find out really. How could they know about what the show failed to publish etc? Perhaps OFCOM are psychic?

I have confess that I've had a couple of funny readings from the TV, but they're generally pretty accurate. I put those funny ones down to the psychics having an "off day!" Wouldn't mind my money back though.
05-03-2011, 01:29 PM
(05-03-2011 12:42 PM)liseypsychic Wrote:  Wouldn't mind my money back though.

Welcome Heart
Every reading comes with a money back guarantee.
Hmm think they may well catch on Wink
05-03-2011, 01:30 PM
(03-03-2011 06:46 PM)Blair Wrote:  Hi Psychic TV,

This has been asked by many people on this site and we still haven't had a concrete answer....

Its about time that the channel was a bit more realistic and HONEST.....

There is NO WAY that ALL of the readings that have been given have been 'SPOT ON' as ALOT of the readers get it WRONG......

Once again, the programme is misleading as you are showing that all things said are true and will come true.

This is quite dangerous and can be disheartening for some people as some viewers do believe everything they see and hear.

Not myself, as readings for me are just guidelines to see if my OWN intuition is correct.

But what about those that are feeling very low?

How can you publish 100% positive comments time and time again, when its IMPOSSIBLE for all your readers to be 100% correct time and time again.

I'm not putting down the readers as they ARE HUMAN, and do make mistakes and get things wrong like the rest of us....

But surely, it would be very wise to allow some of the negative comments to go through so that we can all see a realistic view....

Hello,

On the show they like to highlight that they dont amened any feedback - this is true, they dont. What they fail to mention is that any feedback submitted doesnt appear automatically on the site and instead it is moderated. So while they dont like about not making any changes they do fail to post everything submitted.

They need to remove the moderation step.

Spam should be the only thing deleted, but then they could add one of those checks that is on every site to make sure you are human, to filter out the Spam.

I know that I have also added reviews for Psychics and even if one element to the review is negative then its not published. This makes a joke of the reviews. Which is also why I asked on here for more accurate reviews of readings with Psychics on the show.
05-03-2011, 01:42 PM

Hi IndigoJ,

When PI pop on here they are selective as to what they reply too.

We should have an 'ASK PI' thread. Where we can add questions and then PI answer.
05-03-2011, 01:51 PM
(05-03-2011 12:42 PM)liseypsychic Wrote:  

Hi IndigoJ,

I don't understand what OFCOM could do to find out really. How could they know about what the show failed to publish etc? Perhaps OFCOM are psychic?

I have confess that I've had a couple of funny readings from the TV, but they're generally pretty accurate. I put those funny ones down to the psychics having an "off day!" Wouldn't mind my money back though.

We could always try a Freedom of Information request - Would this apply to CellCast?

How much Feedback is recieved and how much is then published on the website?

There are lots of questions you could get the answer to this way...
05-03-2011, 03:05 PM
(05-03-2011 01:51 PM)Eridanus Wrote:  
(05-03-2011 12:42 PM)liseypsychic Wrote:  

Hi IndigoJ,

We could always try a Freedom of Information request - Would this apply to CellCast?

How much Feedback is recieved and how much is then published on the website?

There are lots of questions you could get the answer to this way...

I've thought about this alot..since some real truths appeared on their facebook page. The difficulty in feeback is that a relationship with a psychic can be love/hate awe/despair as timelines etc go past..there froe a really great psychic could have their reputation damaged by a timeline passing and us diving in with hororr and anger..as it can be such a merry go round of emotion and therefore generally..the feedback one can mot judgeby is after the predictions have happened or someones manners and care..

I do however wholeheartedly want a more balanced and realistic feedback format..
the negative feedback which errupted on facebook recently made me aware of two things..that the difficulties I had experienced were not just experienced by me
and secondly that we all connect differently to psychics..so somebody's hero might be another's zero..

What I do object to is blanket positvity about it all..as it masks the hidden difficulties

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Approx 1000 positive dreams of her, but today only negative dreams Castro 1 243 13-06-2017 12:05 AM
Last Post: Pink Pearl
  Negative Interaction on Psychic Forum Ella Hardy 19 3,203 10-05-2013 02:53 PM
Last Post: chrisw316
  PT are finally putting negative and positive feedback on there website Gem_0923 2 1,000 11-01-2013 12:54 AM
Last Post: Dom
  Removing negative feedback alf0406 11 3,047 15-05-2012 12:27 PM
Last Post: Happy_go_girl
  web site flamered 0 578 10-07-2011 10:03 AM
Last Post: flamered