Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
The Fault, Dear Reader, Is Not in Our Stars
14-09-2020, 07:18 AM
Mental health care is pricey and inaccessible. Online astrology is rising to take its place

LATE ON A Sunday night two Februarys ago, I flung an email into the cosmos. Misconduct allegations against a then close friend had capsized me. I thought of reaching out to my therapist, an expert with whom I could slowly work through the painful complexities of the matter, but the story seemed too convoluted to explain in a single fifty-minute session. Plus, her calendar was full, and my bank account was barren—an appointment, scheduled for weeks in the future, would have meant sacrificing groceries. Grasping for expeditious results, I instead contacted a nearby crystal-healing centre. Astrology, tarot, reiki, spiritual counselling, witchcraft, a spell—I was willing to try anything that might offer a semblance of comfort, however provisionary or mystical. I just needed someone to assure me this would pass.

https://thewalrus.ca/space-the-fault-dea...our-stars/
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  A change to the zodiac? This should never have been written into the stars dormammu 1 300 28-08-2020 09:40 AM
Last Post: stardust
  Astrology 2020: What do the stars have in store for you this year? dormammu 0 344 15-01-2020 06:48 AM
Last Post: dormammu
  For political guidance, Romanians look to the stars dormammu 0 380 20-08-2019 06:47 AM
Last Post: dormammu