Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Skeptic Of Phone Psychics
06-12-2012, 08:34 PM
Skeptic Of Phone Psychics
It appears to me looking at all the threads that 70 per cent of members are addicted to these psychic phone lines. Many of you guys have had unsatisfactory readings from these various sites yet you still want to try so-and-so either on: Psychic Today, Psychic Sofa, Kooma or MK! Surely the penny must drop by now that most of these psychic lines are one big con and a money making business? I was addicted myself as I was devastated when I split up from my ex. I started ringing these phone lines, spoke to countless psychics who all told me my ex was missing me, had pride but he would come back to me. I clung to false hope, I was vulnerable, and these sales psychic's see you coming. My ex married somebody else in August. Not ONE of these psychic's picked up on this. Even the more expensive one's such as PT and MK. I think common sense told me what a fool I had been. 90 per cent of the readers on these phone lines are not genuine. Most of them use the cold reading technique. I have heard that they employ out of work actors! There are genuine psychic's about who help the police etc, but these go by word and mouth only. You certainly won't find them on these phone lines working for 10 to 25 pence a minute. I can honestly say I've had better readings from the gypsy lady at the end of the pier. There's one sucker born every minute.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-12-2012, 11:05 PM
RE: Skeptic Of Phone Psychics
(06-12-2012 08:34 PM)Hangingpants Wrote:  It appears to me looking at all the threads that 70 per cent of members are addicted to these psychic phone lines. Many of you guys have had unsatisfactory readings from these various sites yet you still want to try so-and-so either on: Psychic Today, Psychic Sofa, Kooma or MK! Surely the penny must drop by now that most of these psychic lines are one big con and a money making business? I was addicted myself as I was devastated when I split up from my ex. I started ringing these phone lines, spoke to countless psychics who all told me my ex was missing me, had pride but he would come back to me. I clung to false hope, I was vulnerable, and these sales psychic's see you coming. My ex married somebody else in August. Not ONE of these psychic's picked up on this. Even the more expensive one's such as PT and MK. I think common sense told me what a fool I had been. 90 per cent of the readers on these phone lines are not genuine. Most of them use the cold reading technique. I have heard that they employ out of work actors! There are genuine psychic's about who help the police etc, but these go by word and mouth only. You certainly won't find them on these phone lines working for 10 to 25 pence a minute. I can honestly say I've had better readings from the gypsy lady at the end of the pier. There's one sucker born every minute.

How long was you waiting for your ex? As I'm sure people do not just get married over night. If you knew your ex was infact in another relationship you should of called it a day. Moreso called it a day after he did not come back in the space of two months or less. My moto is never wait for anything or anyone life is too short. While you were sitting there crying your eyes over him he was getting on with his life. He doesn't deserve you if he couldn't see how much you loved him.

Just learn from this lesson and never give your power away to anyone let alone psychics.

Go out and meet someone who deserves you and get your self respect back, don't let people use you as a door mat.Value yourself and soon you will start attracting the right people in your life who won't take you for a fool.
07-12-2012, 12:15 AM
Hi Sunshine. Thank you for your kind words. No, It came as a complete shock to me that my ex was even seeing anybody let alone got married. We had split up and were out of contact for a while. I struggled to move on which is why I got myself into debt randomly ringing up psychics. They all told me he was coming back and not one psychic predicted he would marry somebody else. It made me realise what a desperate fool I was to be taken in by these psychics. We live and learn.
07-12-2012, 12:31 AM
(07-12-2012 12:15 AM)Hangingpants Wrote:  Hi Sunshine. Thank you for your kind words. No, It came as a complete shock to me that my ex was even seeing anybody let alone got married. We had split up and were out of contact for a while. I struggled to move on which is why I got myself into debt randomly ringing up psychics. They all told me he was coming back and not one psychic predicted he would marry somebody else. It made me realise what a desperate fool I was to be taken in by these psychics. We live and learn.

Hi Hangingpants, did your ex not give you any closure? did he not tell you why he left and didn't wish to be in a relationship with you? You need to look at what happened back then. But if he didn't then surely you don't want someone like him anyways who is selfish. Let this other woman put up with him, he's her problem now, not yours. Anyone can get married it means nothing, it's the consistancy within the relationship and the bond with each other that counts. There's so many good men out there who would shower you with kindness and give you so many happy memories that you may even forget your ex's name.

This is the reason why it is a good idea to be out and about. Make yourself stronger first, then seek new love but don't except anything less than the best. A good man loves a woman who respects herself and soon you will see them running around you like bees.

I'm not sure what psychic's you spoke to but psychic readings really should be for only guidance not put on a pedal stool like God or some idol.

I hope your stronger now and looking at life with fresh eyes.
07-12-2012, 09:19 AM
(07-12-2012 12:31 AM)Sunshine Wrote:  
(07-12-2012 12:15 AM)Hangingpants Wrote:  Hi Sunshine. Thank you for your kind words. No, It came as a complete shock to me that my ex was even seeing anybody let alone got married. We had split up and were out of contact for a while. I struggled to move on which is why I got myself into debt randomly ringing up psychics. They all told me he was coming back and not one psychic predicted he would marry somebody else. It made me realise what a desperate fool I was to be taken in by these psychics. We live and learn.

Hi Hangingpants, did your ex not give you any closure? did he not tell you why he left and didn't wish to be in a relationship with you? You need to look at what happened back then. But if he didn't then surely you don't want someone like him anyways who is selfish. Let this other woman put up with him, he's her problem now, not yours. Anyone can get married it means nothing, it's the consistancy within the relationship and the bond with each other that counts. There's so many good men out there who would shower you with kindness and give you so many happy memories that you may even forget your ex's name.

This is the reason why it is a good idea to be out and about. Make yourself stronger first, then seek new love but don't except anything less than the best. A good man loves a woman who respects herself and soon you will see them running around you like bees.

I'm not sure what psychic's you spoke to but psychic readings really should be for only guidance not put on a pedal stool like God or some idol.

Hi. I'm in a situation where I have to move on. No. My relationship with my ex never really had any closure. But I blame myself a lot for not moving on when we split up. The psychic's I spoke to were Adele, Angie, eleanor from Psychic Sofa. Holly Gills, Karina, Kosmic Kay from PT. Rhianna and Daisy from MK. Palmmy from Koomaand a few more randomly selected one's. I'm so very pessimistic about phone psychics and looking back I can now see them for what they were. It was almost like a script word for word which is why I feel it is so sad that members on this site wholeheartedly believe in what these salespeople tell them. I'm moving on now making a fresh new start.
07-12-2012, 11:55 AM
(07-12-2012 09:19 AM)Hangingpants Wrote:  
(07-12-2012 12:31 AM)Sunshine Wrote:  

Hi. I'm in a situation where I have to move on. No. My relationship with my ex never really had any closure. But I blame myself a lot for not moving on when we split up. The psychic's I spoke to were Adele, Angie, eleanor from Psychic Sofa. Holly Gills, Karina, Kosmic Kay from PT. Rhianna and Daisy from MK. Palmmy from Koomaand a few more randomly selected one's. I'm so very pessimistic about phone psychics and looking back I can now see them for what they were. It was almost like a script word for word which is why I feel it is so sad that members on this site wholeheartedly believe in what these salespeople tell them. I'm moving on now making a fresh new start.

I'm happy to hear your moving on with your life. I personally have never spoken to the psychic's you have listed as I have never been drawn to how they work. But I do believe there are some really good psychics out there. But they are still not God and we still must focus on our lives and take control.
07-12-2012, 07:27 PM
(06-12-2012 08:34 PM)Hangingpants Wrote:  It appears to me looking at all the threads that 70 per cent of members are addicted to these psychic phone lines. Many of you guys have had unsatisfactory readings from these various sites yet you still want to try so-and-so either on: Psychic Today, Psychic Sofa, Kooma or MK! Surely the penny must drop by now that most of these psychic lines are one big con and a money making business? I was addicted myself as I was devastated when I split up from my ex. I started ringing these phone lines, spoke to countless psychics who all told me my ex was missing me, had pride but he would come back to me. I clung to false hope, I was vulnerable, and these sales psychic's see you coming. My ex married somebody else in August. Not ONE of these psychic's picked up on this. Even the more expensive one's such as PT and MK. I think common sense told me what a fool I had been. 90 per cent of the readers on these phone lines are not genuine. Most of them use the cold reading technique. I have heard that they employ out of work actors! There are genuine psychic's about who help the police etc, but these go by word and mouth only. You certainly won't find them on these phone lines working for 10 to 25 pence a minute. I can honestly say I've had better readings from the gypsy lady at the end of the pier. There's one sucker born every minute.

That's great Hangingpants, that you have saw the light but I don't think it's very nice to say that the rest of us are "suckers" particularly when you appear to have been in a similar situation to most of us on here. You got addicted to psychics and while that's great that you have finally moved on, instead of slagging the "70%" of us who haven't, you could be a bit more supportive because you don't know everyone's story and their reasons.
07-12-2012, 10:50 PM
Hi Earthangel. I think I meant that I was a sucker. I just don't want others to go through what I did and believe me it is so easy to become addicted. There are some good psychics about, but I believe that many of these phone psychics give the genuine one's a bad name. Some years ago I had a reading from a lady in a spiritualist circle. She didn't charge me a penny, but what she predicted was so amazing and came true. Phone psychics are meant for entertainment purposes only, and somewhere along the line people seem to have forgotten this including the phone psychics themselves. You are right, I don't know everybody's circumstances. I hope no offence is taken!
08-12-2012, 10:02 AM
Hi 80sgoth. Thanks for your encouragement. It has been a rocky road that I've travelled but I appreciate the words of support that fellow members have shown.
08-12-2012, 05:13 PM
(08-12-2012 10:02 AM)Hangingpants Wrote:  Hi 80sgoth. Thanks for your encouragement. It has been a rocky road that I've travelled but I appreciate the words of support that fellow members have shown.

hi, iv been or am in same position as you. i lived in false hope that my ex loved me and would return and because this is what i wanted to believe i could not move on with my life. i have spent a huge amount of money that i am too ashamed to say how much but at the time i suppose it was a sort of therapy for me as someone was on the end of a telephone listening to me and telling me what i wanted to hear. what i can say is now i have stopped having readings (well i do still speak to Abbie from the circle and Wendy from sofa occasionally) my head is a lot clearer and because i have filled my life with other things i feel so much stronger and feel like my world has opened up. i only speak to abbie and wendy when i get a wobbly moment which is getting less and less now. My ex is still in the same place, going around cheating on other women where i am the one who is growing and moving on with my life. It is hard but take one step at a time and make small plans for the new year to look forward to. YOU CAN DO IT... GOOD LUCK