Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Saw something which alarmed me on PT
17-12-2012, 09:14 AM
Saw something which alarmed me on PT
Hi all.
This has really been bugging me & i wanted others opinions & thought on this.
just over a week ago it was late & i had PT on my TV. A lady text a text to Jo ( i remember that Jo was wearing a brown top & trousers as she was standing at the time) asking if her other half was up to no good with someone else as her feelings were that he was & what should she do... Jo response was that her there is a lot of bad energy with this & that the ladies feelings about her partner are correct! Then Jo went on to say if she approaches it he will be not be truthful to her but to approach it carefully. a couple of other irrelevant words Jo used, then moved on to next text. Was very cold like the words were bang bang bang then next.
Is it just me, but i think she should not of told her live on air. Jo should of said to her with it being a delicate matter please call me & i will give you your answers with love & compassion not like a dart threw that ladies heart late at night. Can you imagine how that poor lady was after hearing that. I just kept thinking this should not of happen via that way.
Even a week after that is still playing on my mind.
Am i over reacting in feeling this way???
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
17-12-2012, 10:37 AM
RE: Saw something which alarmed me on PT
Hi Moon Spirit

I dont quite understand what bothers you. The lady asked about something she got her answer ....

I sometimes send question as dont need long reading. We all know and take our own responsibility when send vociemail and its our own will/wish to have it played on air as we know its quick answer and also thats all we want.

Why do you interfere why disagree with something which has nothing to do with you and also you are not that lady who asked ?
ITs very bizzare what you doing and doesnt make sense ....unless you are that lady and cowardly sending question as if on her behalf ....which would be childish of you but would make sense ...

Please dont antagonise function of voicemails as they are useful and remember we all have choice so if we want to call and hear answers in private we do that if not we send voicemails.

I hope that answers your Q.
17-12-2012, 12:04 PM
(17-12-2012 10:37 AM)Happy_go_girl Wrote:  Hi Moon Spirit

I dont quite understand what bothers you. The lady asked about something she got her answer ....

I sometimes send question as dont need long reading. We all know and take our own responsibility when send vociemail and its our own will/wish to have it played on air as we know its quick answer and also thats all we want.

Why interfere why disagree with something which has nothing to do with you and also you are not that lady who asked ?
ITs very bizzare what you doing and doesnt make sense ....unless you are that lady and cowardly sending question as if on her behalf ....which would be childish of you but would make sense ...

Please dont antagonise function of voicemails as they are useful and remember we all have choice so if we want to call and hear answers in private we do that if not we send voicemails.

I hope that answers your Q.

Happy-go-girl thanks for your reply.

Is it called interfering to have an opinion on this topic? Or any topic on here? No! This forum is all about viewers diverse opinions & thoughts on PT. We may not all agree with each others opinions but it's still not classified as interfering or implying my behaviour is bizarre or even childish. ( By the way I am not that lady who text not voice messaged)
As for your comment on me antagonising function of voicemails, i mentioned a text not voicemails & if you read again what i wrote, my actual problem was not with the actual text in service it was with the manner in which Jo bluntly & rushed way she answered this highly sensitive question. I don't & i stand by this think Jo handled it compassionately or sensitively in the way she quickly answered. Obviously Jo has a limited time on those texts & i think with such a delicate question even suggest a phone reading as in my opinion that would of been the right thing to do cause further information & after care would be nice. I have heard other readers say that to a text or voicemail if it was super sensitive. Then its up to the lady if she called.
At two in the morning maybe not everyone is as grounded as you happy go girl, for example this lady could of had a couple of drinks as well as emotional. Psychics have a duty of care to their clients as well.
17-12-2012, 12:12 PM
(17-12-2012 10:47 AM)bubbles of fun Wrote:  people do not think that the presenter and the psychic is faced live on air with the huge txt ? that is so important to there life.

people send such important ?s in a txt and they need to think before asking such a big ? to be a answer live on air on a txt message. would it be better to get a private answer.

are they going to get enough information to the huge ? in 1 minute txt answer.

if you ask a ? are you for the answer if your not ready for the answer then wait till you are ready for the answer as you want the truth to the ?.

if you ask a ? the truth is what you seek not told phone pt and ill give you the answer.
the psychic is accused of not answering the ? on air and is subject to being targeted for not answering what is asked on the txt message. so the psychic is dammed if they answer and dammed if they try to tell the viewer the answer should be on the phone so they can give them some comfort. the viewer wanting to hear the truth to a big ? may not be happy after paying for a txt to get a answer by phone. the viewer who sends the txt to the show do you have anyone around you to give them support to what ever the answer to the txt ? so you can talk through feelings emotions as a txt answer cannot give you the support you may need.

Bubbles of fun thanks for your reply.

You have valid points in what you have said about the psychic can be accused of not answering the text.
Your last part about talking through feelings & giving her support, i totally agree with this, in a long way about it that's what i meant as well. I still think that question was to sensitive for a blunt reply which was coldly put.
17-12-2012, 02:01 PM (This post was last modified: 17-12-2012 02:02 PM by Gem_0923.)
I understand where your coming from but if someone sends in a question like that they want a honest answer, the psychic cant help what they pick up on regarding the situation. they have to give an honest answer; and if they dont and make up stuff then there would be no purpose to the show.
It was the questioners choice to send such a big question into the show, so they should have prepared themselves for the answer either way. Im sure they would have complained if it wasnt shown at all over the show. it was there choice to send it onto the show and not take it to the phone lines, if jo had said to go to the phone lines with that question im sure the questioner would have felt like PT were conning them for more money.
The reply may have been cold and blunt but i dont know how you can answer a question like that with that answer without being a bit cold as its not something nice to hear, but it was better than her to say the truth on what she was pickin up than to sugar coat it and pretend everything was ok.
17-12-2012, 02:37 PM
Moon Spirit I was expressing my opinion and it seems you can say what you think in fact you asked question but cannot bear different answer so from now on I will NOT reply to your posts ....Im happy to discuss and compare our experiences only
17-12-2012, 02:49 PM
Sorry but I have to react to this .

Moon Spirit I don`t get it.

What is your problem ?!
What is it you are not happy about ?
Which bit don`t you understand ?!

You know that psychics have little time to answer. You know when we ask questions we must be prepared for positive or negative but hopefully true answer.

Why is such big issue Jo being honest and perhaps blunt ? More so as this wasnt your text ot voicemail. Even if it was - if you cannot handle their answers dont watch it - donxt text or send vociemails !

Simple.
17-12-2012, 06:49 PM
(17-12-2012 02:37 PM)Happy_go_girl Wrote:  Moon Spirit I was expressing my opinion and it seems you can say what you think in fact you asked question but cannot bear different answer so from now on I will NOT reply to your posts ....Im happy to discuss and compare our experiences only

I never said you can not express your opinion, this is an open forum for everyone. I just replied to your reply to my thread part in that you said i was being childish & bizarre etc & irresponsible & antaganissing the voicemal set up. Personally i think it was you over reacting in your reply to the subject. I also said in my orher reply to you were all entitled to our opinion, it was you who got personal with me with you calling me childish & bizzar etc. this chapter between us is closed now.

Have a good evening
17-12-2012, 07:03 PM
A psychic gets a minute to answer the texts on PTV... the person in question asked a specific question, and got a specific yet brief answer. I guess the problem with one minute readings is that they are brief, they will lack emotion as its do one then on to the next... at least it was the last time I watched the show... which was some time ago now.

I am sure the person texting was fully prepared for the answer she got. She was probably looking for her gut instinct to be confirmed. I believe in honesty when it comes to psychic readings, and at least the psychic in question was honest and did not sugar coat over the issue, :-)

Life is a shipwreck but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats. ~Voltaire
17-12-2012, 07:05 PM
(17-12-2012 02:49 PM)CherryPie Wrote:  Sorry but I have to react to this .

Moon Spirit I don`t get it.

What is your problem ?!
What is it you are not happy about ?
Which bit don`t you understand ?!

You know that psychics have little time to answer. You know when we ask questions we must be prepared for positive or negative but hopefully true answer.

Why is such big issue Jo being honest and perhaps blunt ? More so as this wasnt your text ot voicemail. Even if it was - if you cannot handle their answers dont watch it - donxt text or send vociemails !

Simple.

CherryPie, Thanks for you reply
So every one who has an opinion or a dislike to a certain thing on PT your answer is don't watch it. Thanks for that, don't know why we have a forum then to express our own personal opinions & dislikes. I can go on but i give one example, so any member on this forum who has complained about
Presenters & psychics giggling at the desk & while replying to a text should not comment on this cause the text being read out was not theres. Might as well close the forum down we don't need to watch it if we have an opinion you don't like.
Maybe your a psychic on there or a friend of Jo's.
Last time i will say this i do not have a problem with the actual texting or the voicemails just this particular sensitive question
I still Stand by My Opinion

Have a good evening