Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Spirit Guides
11-03-2011, 04:30 PM
Spirit Guides
I said i'd set up a thread about Spirit guides so here it is. Anyone unsure about them can look them up on Wiki It's not a great description but it's pretty good.

I recently learned from another member of the forum that spirit guides could also be animals; apparently this hails from Native American culture. Does anyone know if the spirit guides always have to be related or to have been part of your family or close to you etc? Several people have claimed the relatives are their guides and personally i'd like to think that my old dog is mine! I know it sounds silly.

And can a spirit guide come to you at any point in your life, or does it have to be with you from birth?

All these questions and more on this thread folks. Join in please.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-03-2011, 04:33 PM
RE: Spirit Guides
(11-03-2011 04:30 PM)Psychicfamily Wrote:  I said i'd set up a thread about Spirit guides so here it is. Anyone unsure about them can look them up on Wiki It's not a great description but it's pretty good.

I recently learned from another member of the forum that spirit guides could also be animals; apparently this hails from Native American culture. Does anyone know if the spirit guides always have to be related or to have been part of your family or close to you etc? Several people have claimed the relatives are their guides and personally i'd like to think that my old dog is mine! I know it sounds silly.

And can a spirit guide come to you at any point in your life, or does it have to be with you from birth?

All these questions and more on this thread folks. Join in please.

Thanks for starting this thread up; and i realise now how to start one, in fact i already did start one a while ago on Sufism in Afghanistan! DOH!

I reckon that you caxn sort of subconsciously choose your spirit guide and it's something that you invent yourself that gives you hope, in the same way people find their faith in organised religions.
11-03-2011, 09:48 PM
This gives a better explanation of my original response on the other thread...

Ancestral Guides:
An ancestral guide is one who can claim some sort of kinship with you, such as your dear Aunt Tillie who died when you were ten. It may also appear in the form of a long-dead ancestor. In some schools of thought, these entities are seen as reincarnated guides, because they are the spirits of someone who loved us during their physical lifetime, or who had some sort of blood connection to our family. Some people, depending on their religious upbringing, may see these types of guides as guardian angels.

Common Spirit Guide, or Teacher Guide:
A typical spirit guide is archetypical, symbolic or representative of something else. For example, you may find your guide appears in the form of a warrior, a storyteller, or a wise woman, and they have appeared to you for a purpose. Typically, that purpose is to teach you and guide you along a particular path. They may also introduce you to other archetypes along your journey, and help out with problem solving, based upon your needs. They are known to provide insight by way of dreams or meditation, and may only hang around as long as you need them, then move on.

Animal Guides:
Although many people claim to have animals as spirit guides, often these entities are more companions than anything else. It's not uncommon for a deceased pet to linger around, keeping you company through the grieving process. In some spiritual traditions, such as various Native American or shamanic paths, a person may have an animal totem, which provides teaching and/or protection.
13-03-2011, 10:02 AM
So when you talk about a deceased pet lingering around, are you actually saying that it's spirtit is present, because i happen to think that in a case like that it is your own mind that keeps the deceased pet present in your consciousness until such time as you're ready to give it up; it's what your mind wants to believe at a time of immense grief.

What do you think about the people who claim to be able to see these spirit guides standing behind you etc? If i was one of those it would be well freaky! Could you imagine that?
13-03-2011, 04:13 PM
(13-03-2011 10:02 AM)liseypsychic Wrote:  So when you talk about a deceased pet lingering around, are you actually saying that it's spirtit is present, because i happen to think that in a case like that it is your own mind that keeps the deceased pet present in your consciousness until such time as you're ready to give it up; it's what your mind wants to believe at a time of immense grief.

What do you think about the people who claim to be able to see these spirit guides standing behind you etc? If i was one of those it would be well freaky! Could you imagine that?

In some cases it could be that when a person has lost a pet or relative etc, that they try to keep them alive in their minds as much as possible while they come to terms with what the loss means to them.

When you mention people that can see spirits/ghost there has always been a school of thought that young children are more open to this more than adults, and that some can actually see and talk to spirits. In a lot of cases they aren't phased and accept the entity as just being another person...You often read about little uns talking to their parents about relatives who have long passed like they were in the room..

I dont think its so much the scary aspect, as opposed to it being something that the logical mind cant explain as having a place on the earth plane. I hink if I saw a relative that had passed on, It would be odly comforting. If they didnt hurt you when they were alive, why would they hurt you now. There are a few people i would love to see that are no longer around....

I'm not saying that all sprits are nice, and thats why - all pyschics advocate doing something to protect yourself...which as you have said you are psychic so I imagine you would be doing this already??
13-03-2011, 06:54 PM (This post was last modified: 13-03-2011 06:55 PM by Curly.)
(13-03-2011 04:13 PM)Eridanus Wrote:  
(13-03-2011 10:02 AM)liseypsychic Wrote:  So when you talk about a deceased pet lingering around, are you actually saying that it's spirtit is present, because i happen to think that in a case like that it is your own mind that keeps the deceased pet present in your consciousness until such time as you're ready to give it up; it's what your mind wants to believe at a time of immense grief.

In some cases it could be that when a person has lost a pet or relative etc, that they try to keep them alive in their minds as much as possible while they come to terms with what the loss means to them.

When you mention people that can see spirits/ghost there has always been a school of thought that young children are more open to this more than adults, and that some can actually see and talk to spirits. In a lot of cases they aren't phased and accept the entity as just being another person...You often read about little uns talking to their parents about relatives who have long passed like they were in the room..

I dont think its so much the scary aspect, as opposed to it being something that the logical mind cant explain as having a place on the earth plane. I hink if I saw a relative that had passed on, It would be odly comforting. If they didnt hurt you when they were alive, why would they hurt you now. There are a few people i would love to see that are no longer around....

I'm not saying that all sprits are nice, and thats why - all pyschics advocate doing something to protect yourself...which as you have said you are psychic so I imagine you would be doing this already??
13-03-2011, 06:55 PM
All spirits certainly aren't nice! I can vouch for that mate!
13-03-2011, 06:59 PM

I don't do anything no, not really. I say a little prayer and that's about it, but i think that's enough and i've never come to any harm yet! I'm still very much a beginner just recognisig her talent; i'd like to develop much further.
14-03-2011, 01:14 AM
(13-03-2011 06:55 PM)Curly Wrote:  All spirits certainly aren't nice! I can vouch for that mate!

Hence...

"I'm not saying that all sprits are nice, and thats why - all pyschics advocate doing something to protect yourself...which as you have said you are psychic so I imagine you would be doing this already??"

I take it you have experienced this...care to expand??
14-03-2011, 01:24 AM
(13-03-2011 06:59 PM)liseypsychic Wrote:  

I don't do anything no, not really. I say a little prayer and that's about it, but i think that's enough and i've never come to any harm yet! I'm still very much a beginner just recognisig her talent; i'd like to develop much further.

Which areas are you noticing? Clarvoyance, Clairaudience etc...???

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Can YOU spot the ghost in this picture? Woman claims she can see the spirit of a pet mecheeta 0 105 06-11-2017 09:13 PM
Last Post: mecheeta
  David Traynor Spirit Medium psychicdoglover 1 385 18-03-2017 05:59 PM
Last Post: Humphrey Pumphrey
  The spirit of a young girl who died from cancer performed Kylie Minogue’s hit song dormammu 0 364 11-01-2016 11:35 AM
Last Post: dormammu
  guides.well it is a lovely idea legalaction 17 1,174 16-11-2015 12:40 PM
Last Post: chrys
  'Kate Middleton is having a girl on Saturday' spirit of Princess Diana tells clairvoy drstrange 0 641 20-04-2015 01:51 PM
Last Post: drstrange
  Spirit or something else? Sidney 9 2,482 27-09-2013 01:23 PM
Last Post: Hangingpants
  Soul and Spirit Awards drstrange 0 699 28-06-2013 04:25 PM
Last Post: drstrange
  help with getting in touch with your spirit guides? browneyes 5 1,419 19-01-2013 10:36 PM
Last Post: Icemaiden
  Spirit Communication At Devon Seance mecheeta 0 953 29-01-2012 11:00 AM
Last Post: mecheeta
  Do loved ones in Spirit visit our dreams Sammy 39 7,785 04-10-2011 07:57 AM
Last Post: Sammy