Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 3.5 Average
Lessons
29-12-2012, 01:01 PM
Rainbow Lessons
I m not having a dig but there was a previous post that stated something along the lines that ~ lessons are a cop out but I beg to differ so started this thread to sare my views..For a long time I thought when a psychic used the phrase "its about learning lessons & trusting the process" I used to get annoyed & thought it was a get out of jail free card but its not.

Life is like anyother exam or test (but the most important one you'll ever take haha)
If you sit an exam & give it your best shot by doing your homework, studying & taking care of yourself chances are you'll pass but if you don't you'll most likely fail.. you can keep trying & repeating but if you don't study you'll continue to fail. The same applies with life~ its what you put in creates the results not the "magic wand" of a psychic.

We are all spiritual beings spending time on this earth plane to learn & grow. NOBODY HAS IT EASY we are all presentend different things in our life to make us understand & become full/whole people. Just because we don't see open displays of pain (apart from our own doesn't mean its not there). Everyone has different lessons to learn.
Until we do we will make the same mistakes over & over again.

When we are in the "newbie" stage it is almost as if we expect a psychic reading to make everything ok. They don't. YOU HAVE TO WORK ON YOURSELF TOO that is why we are often disappointed that predictions don't happen. I have learned this the hard way but I am happy to say I am a better person.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
29-12-2012, 01:26 PM
RE: Lessons
I do agree, I know we all have to learn and the rest of it ... I suppose when someone says 'you have had to go through this so X and X and then something better in the future' I guess its like the 'everything happens for a reason' ... I just think it would be nice for someone to say 'actually you got dealt a shit hand there' - I would find that quite refreshing!! Smile

Another thing that differenicates from 'our' way of thinking, is that many who don't get readings or don't have religon etc in their lives don't think that things happen to them for a reason, they don't 'reason' with 'why' as much as we do, they see less grey and more black and white.

I think since I started all this, I'm a much more forgiving person - though sometimes I think we should look at things more cut and dry and perhaps that will help us in our lives a little more to let go?

For example, I'm told my man will be back .. when? I've no idea ... I understand 'why' he is doing what he is doing. I also know its going to go to pot ... the problem is 'when'.
Why can't I just cut him off, forget about him .. I won't be waiting and IF he comes back I'd have got on with my life. OR I can hang on, which in fairness, could be another 4/5yrs down the line???

Where as, if it wasn't for readings perhaps I would just see he has made his choice, and make a BIG effort to move on.

I do think I have changed no doubt, for the better yes, but sometimes wish I would see things as they are. x
29-12-2012, 02:00 PM
Dream Catcher I think that is a brilliant post... and something a lot of people who are new to this forum need to be aware of.
I'm not a veteran of this site however have been like many people and got stuck in that cycle of asking tons of psychics the same thing over and over.

I've said this before and I'll happily say it again, genuinely things have begun to happen that have been predicted for me... but only because I stopped asking and wishing and started do'ing! It wasn't just about yes this is the future... reality was for that to happen I had to work my butt off and put in a lot of psychological work and ultimately game playing to start turing the situation into what I wanted!... I've never been one to want to play games... but reality is, you CAN manipulate a situation into a more favorable position and once you're there, there's no rest for the wicked, just keep on working!

I've been one to question when psychics use the free will card so often... however truth is, psychics are just there to give you a possible outcome. I suppose the spirits just presume that if we want something so bad... we'd be working to get it, doing everything we can, trying different tactics. This could even be changing ourselves to stop the needy energy we're giving off. It's not just good enough that your hearts in the right place... very few lucky people just fall into that 6 figure paying salary... for the most they worked hard, took both calculated and gut-made chances, had their ups and downs and finally got where they wanted. And very few people fall into a perfect relationship where everything just happens without any work being done.

I say this with all the love in the world. Because like most, i've been there where it's reading after reading and saying I'll never trust a psychic again. But now I'll happily eat my words, because now I've put in the hours, I'm not only in the best position i've been all year... I don't rely on readings and I feel more empowered that I've ever been.
29-12-2012, 07:07 PM
(29-12-2012 01:01 PM)Dream Catcher Wrote:  When we are in the "newbie" stage it is almost as if we expect a psychic reading to make everything ok. They don't. YOU HAVE TO WORK ON YOURSELF TOO that is why we are often disappointed that predictions don't happen.

i'll agree to disagree with you on this one. for example (relationship/contact wise) when you're a newbie and you're predicted a happy outcome, yet STRICTLY advised not to contact the other person first, you WILL be disappointed that the prediction didn't happen. you're a newbie and you don't know NOT to rely on the advice and guidance that happiness will definitely push itself into your life. you might still have the gut feeling, but you never work on it, no newbie does cause they don't know they have to and yes they EXPECT the prediction to fix all cause they paid for it and was vouched for it!

only after a while like popsie said that you realise you have to walk away and/or take matters in your own hand. that's only when miracles/predictions/positive outcomes happens. but that no longer is a prediction, is it? it's your own hard work resulting to something beautiful. it's studying well and passing the test of life as you'd say dreamcatcher. and why would anyone want to give the credit to a psychic when YOU have worked so hard for it!

psychics may be special people with special powers. i have spoken to some spectacular ones validating my thoughts but they are only limited to past and present. this i think atleast 50% (if not more) of psychic users would agree. what they say about the future is hit and miss. if it hits oh yes its supernatural. if it misses oh well free will, you should've done something about it, negative energies dominates your life and etc.

and this is morally wrong, cause newbies don't know this. newbies haven't got a clue about the statistics. they call the psychics. they get the guidance and prediction and wait for it. and wait and wait and wait. what the psychics/service providers should do is put these in bold letters as disclaimers so that it doesn't hamper goodwill or put spirituality in a foul place. they should stop boasting that they are psychics who can look into your FUTURE. they should just say they're highly intuitive, have special powers to validate your past/present, and are caring people who you can talk to about guidance/life coaching when you seem lost in life. only then would newbies know not to EXPECT predictions to materialise.

p.s. i'm not having a go at anyone, i'm just bored and bed ridden with tonsilities Sad. pray i heal soon x

When you realize how perfect everything is you will tilt your head and laugh at the sky - Buddha.
29-12-2012, 08:33 PM
Brown eyes I hear what you say... from what I've come to realise, psychics and readings are just hugely misunderstood. I'm not really sure who is responsible here to find out what the real purpose of them are. I'd say 50/50 the one getting the reading should not expect miracles and should spend a bit of time understanding what they are putting their hopes and trust into... however, psychics should hold it responsible to inform also (although I know the good ones do).

I certainly wouldn't give credit as such to a psychic for what I've done... all I can say is certain elements have passed that were apart of readings since I put the effort in. Things like buildings, areas, topics of conversation...all weird little things where I'm looking back and thinking oh wow, that psychic said that would happen!

It's an intriguing one really. Tbh readings were completely useless when communication was completely dead between me and my ex... knowing what he was thinking was not help what so ever if he wasn't picking up the phone and contacting me. But now I am, readings make more sense and are actually useful in logical guidance.

- I definitely understand about psychics saying not to contact... a certain new psychic on PTV i contacted privately and they told me my ex would contact me and if I were to do it, he would not be ready, it would push him away and they were getting a big warning from spirit. I'm glad I followed my gut and NOT that psychic. There are lots of rotten eggs in the psychic world these days and I would certainly advise any new people to readings not to trust everyone and really research who they are putting their lives into the hands of!
30-12-2012, 01:36 AM
I do agree with all you guys - that we all have lessons to learn. Sometimes things do happen for a reason whilst other times they don't. In fact some people constantly go through sheer bad luck. Perhaps if a psychic could tell you the truth in black and white which may not be good it would strip the caller of all hope for the future which is why I feel it's impossible to get an honest reading. In my opinion I think that we do expect rather a lot as to a psychic timing something, it undervalues the whole reading and if we're honest we are all quite obsessed with WHEN so-and-so will call. But I would like to see a psychic answer a question confidently and honestly without covering up with too much philosophic jargon to avoid answering the question because they have no clue as to what the answer is.
30-12-2012, 12:43 PM
I believe it's the guidance in readings that is important, however, people don't want the guidance. People want a definite answer, they want to know when and if someone will make contact, on what month, on what day. They want to know what that person is doing, what they are thinking, they want the answers that only the other person can give them. I guess the TV world has changed what psychic readings should be about, or changed peoples perception of them.

Personal responsibility is a powerful thing, and sometimes, all a person needs to do to move forward in their life is take some personal responsibility with their life as well as take back their personal power. When a person puts their happiness completely in the hands of another they give away their personal power, but until a person can find happiness within themselves, they can never truly be happy.

Everything in life is a learning curve. Every situation has lessons attached that we need to learn, and if we don't learn them, we will end up repeating the lessons. And I think we are all guilty of learning these lessons the hard way a high percentage of the time, I know I am!

When it comes to readings, always pay attention to the guidance, because it's the intuitive guidance that will help a person to help themselves. If something is meant to be it will always find a way, and if it isn't. its because there is something better out there just waiting to come in, but how can the better come in if a person is holding on to something that is perhaps not meant to be?

Life is a shipwreck but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats. ~Voltaire
30-12-2012, 03:00 PM
Brilliant post Icemaiden! I fully believe that when you realise how important the guidance is, a reading can become a truly liberating and empowering experience!
30-12-2012, 07:34 PM
I strongly believe that what the psychic's give us is just pure common sense. It stands to reason if you stalk somebody or are constantly texting them that person will run a mile. I've come to realise this the hard way - if somebody truly wants you they will move mountains to be with you. If somebody doesen't answer your texts or has distanced themselves from you, then they are just not into you. We go to psychic's for reassurance, hoping that a reading will change everything. The reader 9 times out of 10 will tell you be/she will come back. Usually they tell us this to give us hope, also to avoid the caller throwing a wobbly where the reader would receive abuse. The psychic's soothing words will give us temporary relief. Bassicly it's common sense. If somebody goes cold on you then there is usually a reason behind this. I know this sounds harsh, but readings are addictive, a reader on the phone is no more than an agony aunt.
31-12-2012, 01:17 AM
(30-12-2012 07:34 PM)Hangingpants Wrote:  It stands to reason if you stalk somebody or are constantly texting them that person will run a mile. I've come to realise this the hard way - if somebody truly wants you they will move mountains to be with you. If somebody doesen't answer your texts or has distanced themselves from you, then they are just not into you.
Hey hangingpants, it's not always as black and white as that, yes i agree in some situations it is but everyone's situation is unique to them, some will have run a mile and wont answer back texts/calls precisely because they do want to be with you, but can't deal with the emotions attached for whatever reasons. People in these kind of relationships are always to ing and fro ing until they sort themselves. Smile

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Lessons Learnt Love Readings flamered 13 2,293 25-06-2013 08:16 AM
Last Post: Icemaiden
Rainbow Lessons Dream Catcher 0 417 29-12-2012 01:01 PM
Last Post: Dream Catcher