Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Development Circle
15-03-2011, 11:56 AM
Development Circle
Hi, I was wondering if anyone here had ever joined a circle and how you found it?

I did join one a couple of years back but for various reasons I couldn't continue. I really enjoyed it and have been trying to find another since. As the last one was via word of mouth not quite sure where to start.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
18-03-2011, 02:31 PM (This post was last modified: 18-03-2011 02:31 PM by Blair.)
RE: Development Circle
A good place to start is the spiritual churches:-

http://www.thespiritualist.org/directory...nty=London

Hope this helps abit. x
22-03-2011, 12:00 AM
(16-03-2011 11:04 AM)Muffins Wrote:  Hello, I am very interested too. Good thread. I have never been to one. Are there any questions I should ask or things I should know before I look to join one?

Thank you Smile

Hi Muffins, I was told about it by a friend so I didn't really do anything other than turn up. I loved it, but I was constantly getting into trouble for not reading in the way the teacher/instructor wanted me to! Strange thing was she said I wasn't wrong, it just wasn't the way she wanted it done. So alas I left, if you find a class maybe ask if they're open to both intuitive interruptions as well as the book meanings. Hope that helps.
22-03-2011, 12:01 AM
(18-03-2011 02:31 PM)Blair Wrote:  A good place to start is the spiritual churches:-

http://www.thespiritualist.org/directory...nty=London

Hope this helps abit. x

Thank you. I will give it a go.
22-03-2011, 08:50 PM
(22-03-2011 04:42 PM)Muffins Wrote:  
(22-03-2011 12:00 AM)Dominos Wrote:  
(16-03-2011 11:04 AM)Muffins Wrote:  Hello, I am very interested too. Good thread. I have never been to one. Are there any questions I should ask or things I should know before I look to join one?

Thank you Smile

Hi Muffins, I was told about it by a friend so I didn't really do anything other than turn up. I loved it, but I was constantly getting into trouble for not reading in the way the teacher/instructor wanted me to! Strange thing was she said I wasn't wrong, it just wasn't the way she wanted it done. So alas I left, if you find a class maybe ask if they're open to both intuitive interruptions as well as the book meanings. Hope that helps.

Hi Dominos,

Yes it does help - because I had no idea that I would be "instructed" and also what do you mean by the book readings? I thought you had to interpert what you saw yourself and that potentially how information is delivered to you, would be personal to you, rather than a "psychic shorthand" sign - if that makes sense? Is there a book that we are meant to work from?

Thank you Smile

Hi Muffins, lol if there such a book I have yet to come across it.

A basic understanding of suits and card meanings was a good place to start. These were provided for us each week in the form of handouts. Deviate at your peril! I just took issue with fact that we weren't allowed to interpret the cards in our own way. I didn't argue, I just knew it wasn't the right place for me.

I did really enjoyed going through the learning process in a group setting so I hope to find another one soon.

Good luck in your search.
22-03-2011, 09:49 PM
(22-03-2011 09:03 PM)Muffins Wrote:  LOL I totally misunderstood what you said originally Smile

I didnt realise at all that they got you to read cards. I don't want to do cards at all - I have them, tried reading the book, preferred to interpret them myself - but at the end of the day, they are not what I want to use to deliver readings.

I would agree that it is better to interpret the cards yourself, certain things stand out more than others. Hmm, I will definitely have to choose carefully where I go. Is there anything else that happens in circles?

Thanks again Dominos Smile You've been hugely helpful

We would begin each session with meditation. Then we'd go through the card meanings. We then had to give each other readings. I can remember being so nervous the first couple of times. If there was time we'd look at other decks and we'd be given mini readings. Then we would the end with another meditation.

I have made it sound quite boring but it really wasn't.

How is it that you'd like to develop?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Board Circle Eridanus 6 2,297 05-04-2011 10:36 AM
Last Post: OnMyLife