Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
New Years Resolutions
06-01-2013, 12:48 PM
New Years Resolutions
As it's a new year, and there has been talk of the 30 day challenge I thought it might be interesting and positive for us to list 5 things we want to change, do, or achieve this year. (They can be more than five or less, it was just a number off of the top of my head).

I have called it resolutions but we can perhaps see it as an action plan, and then we can perhaps update the thread as and when we do or achieve those things, which makes it a really positive and pro active thread.

Here are mine.

1. Move house. I really want to move house as I dislike the area I live in with a passion. This was on my mind last year and this year I am going to take the steps needed to find somewhere else, in a nice village or small town, with nice neighbours and have a fresh start.

2. Write my book or screen play and do something with it. This always features in my action plans but I always put this off. This year I am going to be a lot more motivated. The BBC writers room have an autumn submission for scripts and I am aiming to send mine to them. And I have many notes on stories that I intend to do something with this year.

3. Learn to make Jewelry. I am a very crafty person and I really want to learn to make Jewelry so I have something more to offer at the craft fairs I am starting to be a part of. I have always put this off and used the word can't, and this year I am going to replace can't with can and hopefully start making some lovely crystal jewelry.

4. Start dating again and to stop putting unreachable targets on the opposite sex. I have taken a long hiatus out of the dating game and am the queen of saying no and talking myself out of dates with even guys that are my type. So I need to change this a tad I think.

5. Lose a stone. I have put on a stone and am intending to get it off. Normally when I do this the words *fat* springs into my head, so I need to change the way I think about that and about my weight. And no I am not over weight, but this is kind of like a personal thing I need to work through, and dieting needs to be sensible :-)

Life is a shipwreck but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats. ~Voltaire
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-01-2013, 07:11 AM
RE: New Years Resolutions
It would be a good idea if people on this forum break away from psychic readings for 2013? Will they do that? Absolutely not.
07-01-2013, 06:25 PM
To be fair I think people who are stuck in that cycle are trying to break away from it. There are a lot of positive and uplifting posts from people on here who are taking back control of their lives and self empowering themselves :-)

08-01-2013, 01:00 AM
1) don't dwell on predictions/ or have any readings at all and let fate take its course. (i havn't had any for about a monthish now, feel so fresh! now that i know better, i guess i don't want to know what my future holds and let every moment be a surprise.)

2) try to land a job in the field that i'm trained in

3) don't jump into conclusions without hearing the other side's story

4) not let temper decide my actions, and

5) open my mind before i open my mouth.

When you realize how perfect everything is you will tilt your head and laugh at the sky - Buddha.
08-01-2013, 12:08 PM
(08-01-2013 01:00 AM)browneyes Wrote:  1) don't dwell on predictions/ or have any readings at all and let fate take its course. (i havn't had any for about a monthish now, feel so fresh! now that i know better, i guess i don't want to know what my future holds and let every moment be a surprise.)

2) try to land a job in the field that i'm trained in

3) don't jump into conclusions without hearing the other side's story

4) not let temper decide my actions, and

5) open my mind before i open my mouth.

My resolutions are to do woth harnessing attitudes I think!!!!!!!
1) Harness the spirit of adventure and polish those swash buckling swords

2) Make room for playfulness

3) Stand my ground hold my head high

4) Balance give and take- look to where you can get what you need
09-01-2013, 03:02 PM
(07-01-2013 06:25 PM)Icemaiden Wrote:  To be fair I think people who are stuck in that cycle are trying to break away from it. There are a lot of positive and uplifting posts from people on here who are taking back control of their lives and self empowering themselves :-)

I realise that there are uplifting posts from people claiming they will break free from obsessive readings. These are just words, most of these uplifting posts will be back on the phones within weeks (and that's stretching it) deep down they don't want to stop having readings. But I suppose the one consolation is that they are keeping phone psychics in emoyment. Lol
09-01-2013, 03:33 PM
I disagree..when people realise what they can and cannot realistically expect from readings and how best to use them and not use them and look for other ways to embrace a more spiritual and positive life they do not reach back into readings. in the same way....I would say from alot of people on this forum......and sharing ideas, thoughts, experiences I think has helped many..i
09-01-2013, 05:21 PM (This post was last modified: 09-01-2013 05:32 PM by Icemaiden.)
Misssaigon...

Instead of judging and reinforcing negativity... or claiming that all these people will be back on phone lines within weeks, why not try supporting?

There is enough negativity with the other psychic on here putting people down (Who coincidentally joined shortly before you), and perhaps, all some people need is support to get through the hurt they are feeling :-). as Flamered has rightly pointed out, the sharing of thoughts and experiences has really helped many, whether it be the sharing of the cycle and how to break it, or the sharing of experiences to reassure them that there is light at the end of the tunnel, some people have found a support network within this forum, and that is a positive thing.

Just as an added side thing, my Jewellery making starter kit is on order and should be with me by the weekend.... yay LOL (it's the simple things)

09-01-2013, 08:08 PM (This post was last modified: 09-01-2013 08:14 PM by misssaigon.)
(09-01-2013 05:21 PM)Icemaiden Wrote:  Misssaigon...

Instead of judging and reinforcing negativity... or claiming that all these people will be back on phone lines within weeks, why not try supporting?

There is enough negativity with the other psychic on here putting people down (Who coincidentally joined shortly before you), and perhaps, all some people need is support to get through the hurt they are feeling :-). as Flamered has rightly pointed out, the sharing of thoughts and experiences has really helped many, whether it be the sharing of the cycle and how to break it, or the sharing of experiences to reassure them that there is light at the end of the tunnel, some people have found a support network within this forum, and that is a positive thing.

Just as an added side thing, my Jewellery making starter kit is on order and should be with me by the weekend.... yay LOL (it's the simple things)

Instead of bringing in an unecessary childish remark claiming that I am in league with another psychic member, simply because I have views which you do no want to hear. I would urge you to look at threads which date back from 1/2 years. It is apparent that members have not learned any lessons in that time. They continue to travel down a destructive path in search of something they will never find. We are the masters of our own fate, it is possible to come out of a negative cycle, but only if we choose to act.

I dislike your term of "Spiritualiy" brought into this discussion where it is evident none exists with the posts here. It is because of people here worshiping the entertainment psychics, bringing spirituality a bad name today where the genuine one's are labelled with the same brush.

I compare this place to a crisis forum for lost souls who are either very naive or mentally unbalanced? This is supposed to be a forum for free speech on psychic matters? Instead, when one comes along to bring you a wake up call, you shun the advice given and form a closed rank.

Good luck with your jewellery kit!
09-01-2013, 08:44 PM
(09-01-2013 08:25 PM)DaisyChain85 Wrote:  Harsh post above and not to sure what your trying to achieve.

Your comments about going back to readings is untrue. 6 months ago I was ringing daily. Now I'm proud to say that it's been over 3 months since I spoke to anyone and I have no urge too. I know others who are now friends, who have also beaten the addiction.

A crisis forum? Why? It's place for supporting and helping people who are going through a rough patch in life. We all come out the other side, some take longer than others, but at the end of the day if it wasn't for this forum I would have struggled more than I did back then. This is my first post in a while and choose to leave in the first place because of the negativity and silly posts. From what I can see this is beginning to be a positive place to be again so rather than upset people some of which are quite low already, pipe down and go to a chat room if you feel the need to be rude people for no reason. I do not understand why people need to be so nasty!

Hello to the rest of you lovely people. Hope your doing well.

My resolutions:

To buy my first property
To buy a puppy
To keep up my first plan
To pass my diplomas
To do some charity work
To be happy and to do what I can to make others happy

Xxx

A place for supporting people going through a rough patch is termed:- A Crisis Centre. Maybe a psychic forum sounds better from your point of view, but you are contradicting yourself when it is evident you shut the psychics out.