Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
breaking away.
08-01-2013, 02:20 AM
breaking away.
this post is for me and anyone who like me wanted to break away from the habit of knowing their future and/or psychics.

i don't say in believe in psychics and spirit guides but i wouldn't say i disbelieve them either. they are in a part of my brain where i don't let logic and impulse meet and talk. but somehow in that part of brain, impulse took over and in a course of roughly three months, i had reading after readings after readings (mostly at 1.80/per minute).

what i achieved from it was ruining my finances and getting drained out of my energy. i don't know if any of you have felt the way i did, but it seemed the more readings i had the more drained out i was. even though i was getting mostly happy outcomes/predictions i had still lost my appetite?! and it's a big thing for me cause i'm a foodie and love to cook!

my house was a mess, so was my closet. my love of shopping for new clothes had vanished, mostly cause i spent all my money on readings and very little left for day to day expenses. but i was so engrossed in yet another psychic's opinion that i didn't miss dressing up in pretty clothes which is my second favorite thing after food.

now when i'm looking back, i think i was so foolish. i don't think i should have spoken to a psychic anyway cause i've never had any 'little prediction' materialise, let alone big ones. and by that i don't mean about contact and all but just tiny little validations that they give you out of the blue. but well i was foolish not to have just one reading and just leave it at that.

those who are new to this thing, i'll strongly advice against any readings. only because it might seem like a good idea to know the future, but is it really? now i don't know about you guys, but i'm a dead romantic (that's the reason why my psychic readings started btw!) and if a new person is to come in (which i hope he does =P) i want to be surprised. i don't want to know his height, eye colour, profession etc!

and i've learned to read between lines from the old one who disappeared. the smart approach would have been to contact him directly and ask or ignore altogether. but i decided that i'll ask a psychic about how he feels about me and why he vanished instead. and at that very confused moment it seemed just right, but on hindsight, i am laughing at the idea. well again i've left the whole 'do i really believe in psychic powers or not?' in a locked part of my brain, but i honestly don't believe that someone can read my mr.x's feelings through me. yes it is possible, that psychics have my read my current emotions and feelings (that would somehow explain why i felt so drained out after every reading) but it's ludicrous to think they can read another person you are calling about.

now to me most great validations started when a psychic said i know why you are calling, it's about a man. but well i guess this is an universal epidemic now. haha sorry to categorise all/most men! =P. so really there's a reason why none of the predictions happened if i want to go that route. but because i know my story best, i think it didn't happen cause i was so obsessed with the idea of contact from mr. x that i stopped living. i started the day with a prediction and ended the day with one. i waited to see him, to hear for him, and the wait/want was so intense that it cut off all my life flow. seriously, i think if zombies existed, they'd easily welcome me in their clan. it was that bad!

its only after i realised that i was holding onto nothing that i felt so good. cause i knew if i let go it would be fine as it can't get any worse than that, it can only get better. this realisation i believe is THE most important of all. as soon as you know that you've dealt with the worst, you are not scared anymore and that's it *voila* the whole discomfort is gone.

if there's anyone who's reading this have just started with psychic readings imagine me screaming and crazy dancing in front of you chanting that 'PSYCHICS DON'T MAKE PREDICTIONS HAPPEN'

the first step is don't dwell on the prediction(s). let life do it's job, trust in the highest power there is, GOD. He knows best. if you don't believe in Him, then trust in life to do it's thing. you can do nothing to stop somethings that life throws at you. if it's to hard to take, distract yourself. shopping, food or whatever that takes your fancy. but it helps, the distraction, the smile on your face for treating yourself just washes the whole confusion away. and it's really easy to do, as easy as it gets. believe me. cause deep down under you want it to, to cut away from the whole thing and be happy for yourself. no one is a self-masochist, not even the worst of us.

and if the other person you want to know about doesn't come forward, then let him loose. cut all ties. the more you care the more it hurts. he knows where you are, he knows who you are, he knows what you can give, if he wants it he'll find you. visualise about it in a context of food, you're craving for something, let's say a thin crust pizza and then some hot chocolate fudge cake. you go to your favorite italian restaurant, order a massive pizza and finish it somehow. you don't feel all that hungry but you still crave the hot fudge cake, so decide to try it anyway. but after two spoons, you're forcing yourself. maybe even swallowing it down with some water/cola/wine. that's what we do, we want it in abundance but when we get it, we feel choked/forced. if you want him to miss you, you'll have to take the chance and walk away. pestering him won't give him a chance to crave for your companionship.

but then again you could be a fool like me. walk away from him, but not really cut ties, by getting 5 psychic readings a day about him and obsessing yourself on a tiny part of your life. and it doesn't help. the best is to let go, and get on with your life. cause this is your life, and the only one at that. each moment lost would be a moment wasted.

and then the other thing you could do but you shouldn't do is second guess yourself. no matter how vile you think you are, if you don't love yourself, no one will. no one can't. you are your first priority, only cause if you cut yourself, the other person won't feel the pain but you will. if you starve yourself, you body will suffer and not his. if you take out the things you enjoy from your life, you will deprive yourself and not him.

last thing, i'm not as strong as i'm writing to be. i miss mr.x a hell lot, specially when i've done all and distracted myself. but running after him and seating on his doorstep won't help me or him. if he's the one he'll find me, or life will find him for me. but if he finds someone else, its only cause they are better suited. but in the meantime when there's a limbo and loneliness, before old mr.x or a new mr.y/z decide to make a disappearance i've a duty to myself. to make myself happy. and no one else can do the job cause it's mine to do.

i know it's all jumbled up, but i just felt like jotting out my thoughts, and if you've read this far, i thank you Rolleyes

p.s. on a complete different note, one who doesn't care in a relationship always have the upper hand! (i don't believe in upperhands, but if a new mr. y/z hows up i might just as well try out the theory, but i promise not to push him away!)Smile

When you realize how perfect everything is you will tilt your head and laugh at the sky - Buddha.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-01-2013, 04:10 AM (This post was last modified: 08-01-2013 04:16 AM by georgek.)
RE: breaking away.
Well....looks like big business is leaving you skint? I am psychic, but I don't do personal readings. If I did, then you would not be charged and have no need to spend £1.80 pence per minute.

As a psychic, I feel annoyed at these fraudsters ripping you off, and also with you for paying them good money.

There are most here, who will offer full understanding and love, but they are just jumping on 'the band wagon' to show how loving they are to others who are reading these posts.

When these psychic fraudsters come along, they make money because they are telling you things that you wish to hear.

The richer they become; the more harder it is for me to stand my own ground. I have to suffer all the abuse from others based on the tricksters who have given this kind of work a bad name.

People like yourself who pay them money, is no different to the public who give money to street beggars, who in turn, fuel the drug dealers.

These telephone psychics really annoy me, as they sit back and take money through the emotions of others. They fuel their pockets and make big business....not from your faith...but through your depravity and loneliness.

In turn, the government clamps these rogues down based on these trick antics! They can wade out of this, by using the clause "for entertainment purposes only"

So these fraudsters twist this around...pretty much like these 'chat lines'.
If people spend their time with you, and you value what rubbish they give, then they expect to be paid for this entertainment! Simple as that!

If you wish to believe what they tell you as genuine, then this is your freedom of choice!
08-01-2013, 12:58 PM
hi george,

i wasn't looking for people who jump any 'bandwagon' that you speak of, neither was i looking for you to imply that i'm a fool. i was merely jotting down my thoughts for people who feel, what i felt. i know what any fake psychic does, or government does or anything else that you speak of. this post is not a rant of 'omg psychics took my money and all that'. it was a appreciation of breaking away from all and everything negative. but well thanks for your freedom of speech i guess!

hi gilly,

i understand. it's so good to breakway isn't it. life feels so crisp again. i hope our experiences help others! x

When you realize how perfect everything is you will tilt your head and laugh at the sky - Buddha.
08-01-2013, 03:30 PM (This post was last modified: 08-01-2013 03:39 PM by georgek.)
Quote:i wasn't looking for people who jump any 'bandwagon' that you speak of, neither was i looking for you to imply that i'm a fool.

Then what are you saying?

If I take a hammer and hit myself on the head, as to feel pain...then is it the pain's fault or my mistake for doing something stupid?

If these ain't silly actions then is it praise that you are looking for, or more important the sympathy of others....as here goes an unfortunate person?

It appears that you look for delusions in life, by your constant efforts to seek out these phone psychics to give you comfort. Made worse, when they constantly 'hammer your pocket' with false information.....as you keep going back to them?

If you are saying that these are silly foolish antics; why are you in defence, when you should be in submission?

When you speak to me, you are talking to a proper psychic and what I see....is that you still want to go back to them.

You have NOT learnt any lessons, but merely expect others to give you more confidence, so that you have another excuse for being hard done by.

Not only that; but you seek what you want to hear. Well...I am not telling you what you want to hear, because you are not paying me. If you were.....then I may be able to offer you more warmth in the hope that you would spend more money with me.

This is exactly what Gilly says...."another fix".

I realise that I am also 'hard done by' a lot of the time, and people ask me:-"Why I bother?"

Well....I don't lose....that is the difference!

I am sorry.

Regards George
08-01-2013, 04:27 PM
hi george,

you don't know me to know if i've learnt a lesson or not. again i wasn't speaking to you via this post, but trying to help people who are disillusioned or frustrated by predictions. i'm not anymore, so i don't need to hear either a) it'll get better, or b) get told off from you for having readings, cause you have no business to do so.

and i don't give a dime as to what good a psychic you are and what you read, cause i wasn't asking you read for me in any way.

however, i have no psychic powers at all but can still read for you that you need to learn how to speak to others when you don't know nothing about them.

and again i don't want to hear nothing from you or anyone else. if you didn't understand the post i'd advise you to re read again. it was encouraging others NOT to have readings. not me asking people why i had readings and give me confidence.

and what i want to believe or don't is my problem. i am not and was never asking for your opinion. so please keep it to yourself along with your freedom of speech.

have a good day.

08-01-2013, 06:30 PM
Quote:and i don't give a dime as to what good a psychic you are and what you read, cause i wasn't asking you read for me in any way.

Great!

That's why you probably deserve what you get.Then again it is not good psychics that you are after, but those who will tell you what you want to hear.

Warning others not to do what you have done.....is not a favour. You don't even listen to yourself, because if you did, then you would be thanking the correct people instead of paying others money for their blindness in giving you readings that suits what you want to hear.

You don't care a dime, for a good psychic BUT are prepared to spend a fortune on bad ones. Which sums it all up.
08-01-2013, 06:59 PM (This post was last modified: 08-01-2013 06:59 PM by browneyes.)
(08-01-2013 06:30 PM)georgek Wrote:  
Quote:and i don't give a dime as to what good a psychic you are and what you read, cause i wasn't asking you read for me in any way.

Great!

That's why you probably deserve what you get.Then again it is not good psychics that you are after, but those who will tell you what you want to hear.

Warning others not to do what you have done.....is not a favour. You don't even listen to yourself, because if you did, then you would be thanking the correct people instead of paying others money for their blindness in giving you readings that suits what you want to hear.

You don't care a dime, for a good psychic BUT are prepared to spend a fortune on bad ones. Which sums it all up.

a) this is the third time i've told you, you are not a person to decide if i do or don't deserve what i got. how do you even know what i got?

b) i'm not trying to do a favour on anyone. it's an open forum, i'm writing what i feel like expressing, and i can only hope it helps someone someway.

c) i don't have readings anymore so i'm not paying anyone anything, and even if i decide to pay someone it's my money so i'm not asking for your view on it.

d) i don't see why i need to thank you or any one. saying that i don't even understand what point you're trying to make with your replies. i mentioned that this was not a cry of help to get me out of readings, i have done that myself. i'm just writing about what i think helped me to get out of it. and no one has asked for your help!

e) you say you are a good psychic, but who can vouch for that except for you? i'm not here to be wow'd by your powers, and if i spent my fortune on bad ones, what is your problem?

f) i don't see any reason to continue this conversation anymore. my main post starts by saying that it's for me and people who wants to beak away from psychic readings. it's clearly not to your taste, so i'd much appreciate if you keep your opinions away from it.

adios!

08-01-2013, 07:10 PM

Great!

perhaps now back off george
08-01-2013, 09:11 PM
Quote:perhaps now back off george

A warning?

Wow.........shut ones mouth cos one has been told?
Quote: (posted by flamered)

Do you hit as well....or is this only part of your talents?

What do we have here.......a load of women who dream of catching their ideal man...who has nothing more on his mind, but having a good time? (no I did not say that you were a woman)

So they go pleading to on-line psychics like crazed demented cast offs pleading for dreams....the dreams that never come true?

I am not being sexist....but the only men that seem to be writing, are the phone readers who have a good laugh.

Someone has to step in, and say their piece!
08-01-2013, 09:13 PM
(08-01-2013 06:59 PM)browneyes Wrote:  

Great!

a) this is the third time i've told you, you are not a person to decide if i do or don't deserve what i got. how do you even know what i got?

b) i'm not trying to do a favour on anyone. it's an open forum, i'm writing what i feel like expressing, and i can only hope it helps someone someway.

c) i don't have readings anymore so i'm not paying anyone anything, and even if i decide to pay someone it's my money so i'm not asking for your view on it.

d) i don't see why i need to thank you or any one. saying that i don't even understand what point you're trying to make with your replies. i mentioned that this was not a cry of help to get me out of readings, i have done that myself. i'm just writing about what i think helped me to get out of it. and no one has asked for your help!

e) you say you are a good psychic, but who can vouch for that except for you? i'm not here to be wow'd by your powers, and if i spent my fortune on bad ones, what is your problem?

f) i don't see any reason to continue this conversation anymore. my main post starts by saying that it's for me and people who wants to beak away from psychic readings. it's clearly not to your taste, so i'd much appreciate if you keep your opinions away from it.

adios!
Well....it was FREE!Shy