Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
help with getting in touch with your spirit guides?
16-01-2013, 10:35 PM (This post was last modified: 16-01-2013 10:42 PM by browneyes.)
help with getting in touch with your spirit guides?
hi all,

I've had a very wobbly day. No i haven't gone back to readings, and I doubt ill have readings again. I self tested myself by sitting on John healy's website today (I have never spoken to him before) for more than 30 mins. I was staring at the screen like a deranged person and didn't feel the urge to book a reading and gladly bought myself a top from river island (this I'm slightly happy about). But I can't know why I can't get some feeling of despair out of my self. I listen to inspirational talks and they work like some painkiller drug, I spend extra time at work even when I don't have to (poor security guy at work, he was literally stuck as decided to immerse myself with work), I hang out with friends, cook and it all works like a painkiller drug. But then does wear off, and I'm left in this feeling of despair. I've tried about being happy about every little thing in my life, and again it has the same painkiller effect. I know no one blames themselves but I really don't think I have been so horrible to recieve this treatment from life. I've always been an upbeat vibrant young lady and now it seems I'm just living in a shell. As soon as I'm by myself the shell wears off and I'm back to square one of sadness.

Sorry for the rant, but the main point of this post is, does anyone know how to get in touch with your spirit guides? I do realise this cant be a one day process and will take time, but I've tried and all I end up doing is talking to myself in my head. There is no else who answers or gives me any guidance albeit subtle or direct!

p.s. not in my happy bubble at the moment so if someone doesn't have a positive/helpful reply then please do keep your silence and not try to criticise what a deranged person i am. thanks

When you realize how perfect everything is you will tilt your head and laugh at the sky - Buddha.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
17-01-2013, 03:51 PM
RE: help with getting in touch with your spirit guides?
Not sure but don't you have to open your third eye?
17-01-2013, 05:17 PM (This post was last modified: 18-01-2013 11:38 AM by Icemaiden.)
Meditation is a good way to get in touch with your spirit guides... as well as help you feel better.

Start off by doing a protection routine.... there are loads on the internet but a really easy one is to visualise a light coming down from above your head (My colour of preference is violet or gold), this light will come down from above, going down slowly, to the tips of your fingers and eventually the tips of your toes.

Once you are protected and chilled close your eyes and visualise a path. The path has lush green grass either side of it with pretty buttercups and daisies in it. As you walk up the path you will reach a large iron gate. Take the key from beside the gate and open it, remembering to close it behind you, as well as remembering to ask your spirit guide to come foreward. Continue walking up the path, focusing on your guide (After all intent is everything) and eventually you will come to a bench or gazebo (I prefer a bench). Its a beautiful wooden bench, the sun is shining, you can see fields around you, trees, wild flowers and birds, maybe even a small stream. Sit on the bench and wait.

From here on in there is no guiding as to what you may get. Don't be concerned if your spirit doesn't appear in front of you and start chatting.... but be aware of how you feel, of anything you see and hear. This could be fragments of conversation, you may see a specific bird, an animal, you may smell a scent etc etc When you are ready to come back reverse the process.. go back down the path, open the gate remembering to close it, and back down the path again to where you started.

Once you are out of your meditation, reverse the light protection... visualise the light going up from the floor until it is above your head, and then you can simply send the protection energy out to the world as healing.

Meditation is not something that everyone takes to straight away. it can take a while before you get results.... so don't go into the meditation with any expectations, and don't feel frustrated if things don't happen quickly enough for you, or if you *think* you are getting nothing. it's very easy to think nothing is happening, then block yourself next time...... patience is the key, and as the old saying goes practice makes perfect :-)

Some people get to the Bench or Gazebo and find their spirit guide sitting there, some wait a while and the spirit guide makes contact on the first meditation..... but some people do this meditation several times, sometimes more, thinking they get no results without making a note of the things they see, sense or feel. There is no right or wrong. It's a case of keeping at it.

I hope that helps :-)

Another way is to simply do your protection, lay or sit quietly, take several deep breaths in, hold, then breath out... as you do this you will feel yourself relaxing. Keep doing this until you are fully relaxed and then ask your guide to make contact.... you can ask them to touch your head or a specific part of your body (like hand or foot), you can ask them to make a noise, or you can simply ask them to make contact and wait and see what happens. Again there is no right or wrong with this. And sometimes the smallest things are the most meaningful... like the lyrics to a song popping into your head as you do this, or the smell or roses or lavender (again just examples the smell can be anything). .

Life is a shipwreck but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats. ~Voltaire
18-01-2013, 11:50 AM
There is a lot that we as people can do to improve the way we are feeling. The journey of self healing is not an easy one, but it's a really rewarding one.

A good place to start is a life Journal (or diary but journal always sounds better LMAO)

This differs from your normal diary as you are not writing about your day, you are writing about your life... you start from the day you were born right up until the present day.

You can use a folder and put paper in it, or buy a nice book to write in... you can personalise it and decorate it.. or leave it blank. But the key is to sit and be totally honest with yourself about your life. About your friendships, your family, about experiences, both the good and the bad. The more honest you are, the more you will get out of the experience. It's really important to not only make a note of the experiences that have hurt you, or the mistakes made by others, but to look at the mistakes you yourself have made. When looking at the childhood years, its important to look at not just the family relationships and experiences, but also friendships, teachers, school experiences, teenage experiences, first crush, first best friend.... and really be honest about all the relationships, about all the experiences, about every aspect of your life.

You will soon start to see patterns emerging, you will also start to be able to link things together, and perhaps find meaning in regards to specific experiences. You will also be able to see how much you have grown, even if you don't always think it... through life journals you get to explore every aspect of your life and get to know yourself better, find a better understanding of what makes you as a person tick, it also helps you look at patterns in your life, cycles, how and why things happened, and helps you to explore unresolved feelings and emotions.

I know it may all sound like hippy style nonsense... but I can speak from experience as I have done it myself. I can't say it's easy, but as you start writing it all, you will find it all starts to flow really easily, and you also start to enjoy it.

Sometimes in order to move forward with our lives, we have to go back and revisit the past, and this is a really great way of doing it :-)

19-01-2013, 06:17 PM
Icemaiden - Thanks so much for the thorough advice. I'll try and follow it once i'm back on track. for now i feel a bit exasperated and selfish. so i'm stopping myself from trying anything at all. and just do nothing at all. just no worry, no hope, nothing to look forward at all, or look back to. maybe it's a stupid idea but i've just been hopping around in all those for the last few months and just don't care anymore. God and guides and do as they please, and just not going to stress myself. yes, i'm angry at them but i'm too tired of trying to reach out and understand their motive. they can do as they please. i'm going off to cook, eat and stay in bed and eat again! i'm sorry if i'm bringing negativity in! are you hating the snow? i don't mind, it has come at a perfect time, giving me excuse to go off the radar from friends and family without getting into details! x

gilly - thanks so much. i guess as i say i'm tired of worrying about the future and knowing what's in it. i do that. worry a lot almost to the point of feeling sick with worry and stress and now i'm past caring. whatever happens really, i don't care. i hope yo're having fun in the snow? x

When you realize how perfect everything is you will tilt your head and laugh at the sky - Buddha.
19-01-2013, 10:36 PM
Personally I LOVE the snow, yesterday I was out all afternoon at the park having snowball fights and walking around in snow.... I was a bit gutted they had sold out of sleds.. but hey ho such is life. Me and the kids had fun without a sled.

Sometimes we need to feel the way you are feeling now in order to come through it stronger with a better sense of self and a stronger faith.... I know it sounds a wee bit strange..... but again its the whole things needing to fall apart in order for the better to come together... and sometimes everything we think we feel, know, believe in needs to totally fall apart in order for us to have stronger faith, especially in ourselves.

I can relate to how you are feeling with the whole they guides can do as they please... a couple of years ago I had a huge spiritual crisis and was quite adamant that my guides, the angels and the universe was having a big laugh at my expense.... but I got through it and things eventually started falling back into place... and I am glad I went through that personal inner crisis, because it helped me make sense of a lot of things that up until then had made no sense at all.... and once I started to have more trust, everything started to come together.

Don't get me wrong, my life is far from perfect..... but that's life, and no ones is perfect and will ever be perfect... I am at the point now where I feel blessed for the things I have... and no longer worry about the things that have yet to come together... the universe works in mysterious ways.... just remember you will get through this, and when you find your way to the bright light at the end of the tunnel, you will look back and understand it all :-) x

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Mark E Smith form the Fall and his 'pre-cog'. In the spirit of th dormammu 1 326 24-08-2020 08:19 PM
Last Post: mecheeta
  The Paranormal World of Arthur Conan Doyle Pt 4: The spirit of the evil Aleister Crow dormammu 0 224 26-06-2020 05:55 AM
Last Post: dormammu
  Soul & Spirit – Vote For Your Favourite Psychic! Win a Holiday for 2021 Psychic Today 0 238 08-06-2020 06:37 AM
Last Post: Psychic Today
  A $70K EXORCISM TO TRANSFER EVIL SPIRIT INTO A BARBIE DOLL ENDS IN PSYCHIC’S ARREST dormammu 0 309 11-01-2020 06:57 AM
  THAT'S THE SPIRIT These psychics solve murders, follow a code of honour mecheeta 0 363 22-11-2019 05:35 PM
  THAT'S THE SPIRIT Incredible moment psychic Sally Morgan drstrange 0 531 12-04-2019 12:31 PM
Last Post: drstrange
  Spirit Photos mecheeta 0 754 10-05-2018 08:41 PM
  Can YOU spot the ghost in this picture? Woman claims she can see the spirit of a pet mecheeta 0 884 06-11-2017 09:13 PM
  David Traynor Spirit Medium psychicdoglover 1 1,440 18-03-2017 05:59 PM
Last Post: Humphrey Pumphrey
  The spirit of a young girl who died from cancer performed Kylie Minogue’s hit song dormammu 0 1,023 11-01-2016 11:35 AM