Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Christian martin
22-03-2011, 05:16 PM
RE: Christian martin
(22-03-2011 03:50 PM)IndigoJ Wrote:  I am not sure anyone is trying to ruin PTV or any channel like it, people are just telling it as it is. I for one have much more sympathy for those that have been emotionally and financially devested by the service this channel imparts!

If you have a look into con man psychology, either intentionally or not this channel actually uses quite a lot of it! When someone is sadly in the grips of an addiction, as seems common with this programme, people are unable to take control of their actions they are removed from their reality and their feelings and put into a suspense of hope, you read about peoples hearts beading faster waiting for the texts/caller comments to be answered or on the phones while they are trying to get through to their chosen psychic, all of which I have experienced.

I believe IMO that when timings are given say 2/3 weeks/months or whatever the timing is, it puts you in their hands as when the almost inevitable happens and the prediction does not materialise, what do you do, you phone up again and again and again. I think this is possible their intended purpose.

Lets not beat about the bush here like any business PTV are in it to make money, they have wages to pay etc, etc,. Now in my business, like many, if I am not able for whatever reason, to provide the service my clients have paid for I refund them less 10% as in my business it can be the client's side that has made the service fail and the 10% helps cover the costs I have incurred. If a business is so sure about their service why do they not offer this or maybe free service/reading to see if they can get it right.

Simply put IMO this programme has so many dangerous aspects and problems with it that it needs looking at and people need to share their stories to enlighten others to how bad the problem actually is.

As for working in love and light, I do not see encouraging people or even allowing people to hang on for ridiculous lengths of time, at £1.53 per min, listening into someone else's reading in the hope of getting through to your chosen psychic is anything but money grabbing. It is certainly not in any terms right and not only that, they can have several people waiting to get hold of that psychic at any one time with no knowledge that you are holding on for nothing as your not next! This list of problems goes on and on and lets realise there are people out there who's lives are being almost ruined by this addiction I have no doubt that they can help but the fact that one person is allowed by this company to get into uncontrollable debt outweighs any good and those psychics that truly work in love and light would agree. In fact I know one psychic that actually works for PTV who fell into the same trap!

Until someone is willing to sort out a way this programme can run after addressing the glaring problems with it, then more people sharing their awful stories and the more people that read them and heed them the better IMO!

I agree Indigo J, the program itself is aimed at those of us who are attracted to hope and to hearing that all will be ok etc....and holding on in a queue where you don't know if you're first in line or last, is wrong. It's a pity they couldn't update the phone system to allow you to know how many are in front, though knowing what I went through, I probably would have held on regardless. As many would. Yes we're all adults but like you said, that doesn't mean PI can take advantage of us. I have learned a great deal from the psychics, and I do believe many are genuine, and many are great and many are just rubbish, but those dreaded timings....just awful for a lot of people, others not so much! I can see you're very passionate about all this and I wish you all the best in you're venture to uncover the pitfalls.

And I agree, nobody is trying to ruin PI, I think it's the opposite, we're pointing out the area's that need to be addressed so it becomes a better service. Actually I don't even like the word 'service'..it's very clinical, very cold, very commercial!! Which probably explains a lot!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
22-03-2011, 05:23 PM
Yes I think it is about improving the service/ the way things work..so that the positive aspects can be better enjoyed and the issues that are swept under the carpet just dealt with to keep people more in charge of their choices...and that goes for all psychic services..Tv just magnifies any issues..

People are thinking out loud and exploring their thoughts that just needs sensitivity for all....
22-03-2011, 05:26 PM
(22-03-2011 05:16 PM)Muffins Wrote:  
(22-03-2011 05:05 PM)kiltgirl Wrote:  Have to say I'm finding the forum getting very heavy and getting a tad aggressive and personal too. But I suppose everyone is so passionate about their point of view, I think it's a natural progression. I don't like the personal digs though, have had a few and to be honest it's not nice! But it's a heavy subject and a serious one. Agreeing or disagreeing is what we're here to do, but the digs here and there are uncalled for. Mind you, bare in mind, the written word doesn't always come across as it would when speaking, so sometimes misunderstandings can occur!! I've tried to unsubscribe to the forum but to no avail! Now I'm getting hooked on this too, just like I did the show!! Think I'm learning more and more about my addictive personality everyday!! Now if only I could get addicted to cleaning!!! Smile Smile

i am sorry, but there was definitely no personal digs at anyone at all - if it came across that way, it was not intended at all, at all!!

I was saying though, it should go into a general discussion - and it was meant in a sincere way. I think anyone here who understands what it is to make claims about a company, that there can be repercussions - thats why I believe this should be a generalist approach to the topic. That is simply all. Smile

Oh gosh no it wasn't you, it was a couple of others...and I'm not giving out as such..I just get sensitive I suppose!!
22-03-2011, 05:47 PM
(22-03-2011 03:21 PM)Muffins Wrote:  Yes Flammered you are right. I think its just education needed for newbies to readings if that makes sense. To be fair, on the show they do explain what they are meant to deliver in a reading - if you don't feel like they have validated a connection with you, then you have the choice to either finish the reading or continue listening. Its all choice and we can make those decisions.

Personally for me, if a psychic takes over the reading and tells you everything and does not question the information they are delivering to me, then I know I am going to be happy with the reading.

If they ask more questions than they should, then I know they are going to generalise the reading. A psychic reading should not be a two way conversation, unless of course the caller wants to share something or ask specifically about an aspect of the situation.

I now have gotten to the point where I do have a conversation with my two psychics, but because I am developing. If I do have a specific question about my personal predictions, they jump in and tell me exactly what I want to know. I trust them implicitly, and the most evidence I can demonstrate to you is that when I did get to meet my ex, they had both told me 3 specific things my ex would tell me, not wishy washy feeling things, but specific changes he was making in his life - all of which he confirmed to me when we saw each other.

As long as people know that not every psychic will suit them, that not every type reader will suit them, then they can play around until they find the right psychic for them. There are some real gems on PI and I am happy that they have entered my life.

Thanks for taking the time to answerAngel
22-03-2011, 06:14 PM
(22-03-2011 05:23 PM)flamered Wrote:  Yes I think it is about improving the service/ the way things work..so that the positive aspects can be better enjoyed and the issues that are swept under the carpet just dealt with to keep people more in charge of their choices...and that goes for all psychic services..Tv just magnifies any issues..

People are thinking out loud and exploring their thoughts that just needs sensitivity for all....

It is tighter regulations that I feel is needed I don't believe PTV should disappear at all, I think it needs tighter regulation in certain areas. Many areas that are linked with addiction in any form are regulated, psychics are not, surely it would be better if they were.

I wonder if PTV are aware of the effect they have had on some, I am sure some of the psychics would be quite shocked and concerned. The National Lottery has, like many other things, a cap on how much someone can spend why not PTV. I don't understand how my ideas on this can cause so much offence to some.

Hi, Kiltgirl I do feel strongly about it, as I may have only eluded to before but I very nearly committed suicide due the hope and despair PTV put me through, had I not gone through that I would never have gone so low and my reason for strong feelings is how many are at that point now, again I don't see why some others find this concern seemingly so offensive but that is their right and I agree with each to their own and free speech. I do not underestimate the effect this can have on individuals and I would just like this service to be safer for all to enjoy. If some people disagree with that so be it that's life.Shy
22-03-2011, 06:18 PM
I have no idea who runs this site but if a pshchic review section with pure honest reviews could be added would be a good idea, as for there 1.53 rate I only expect that to increase the way the economy is. as for paying to que I would. Suggest booking the pshychic through there site or call reception book minutes and get them to hold the clairvoyant for you until they make a better system[/quote][/font]
22-03-2011, 07:02 PM
I think he's fab but have not had any predictions come to light over the years.
I think better regs & appropriate warnings are a good idea, can only help improve the show.
22-03-2011, 09:17 PM
(22-03-2011 07:02 PM)Diamond Wrote:  I think he's fab but have not had any predictions come to light over the years.
I think better regs & appropriate warnings are a good idea, can only help improve the show.

If you don't mind me asking was you're reading similar to the rest of ours you found you're soule mate meant for each other amazing connection will hhave contact and perfect relationship soon and the full 20 mins used up
22-03-2011, 09:54 PM
(22-03-2011 09:17 PM)djdj Wrote:  
(22-03-2011 07:02 PM)Diamond Wrote:  I think he's fab but have not had any predictions come to light over the years.

If you don't mind me asking was you're reading similar to the rest of ours you found you're soule mate meant for each other amazing connection will hhave contact and perfect relationship soon and the full 20 mins used up

Hi yep sadly it sounds very similar, sadly none of the psychics from PI have predicted anything correctly for me to date so I don't really bother much anymore it's so expensive for just someone to talk & share with
23-03-2011, 02:26 AM
(22-03-2011 09:37 PM)kiltgirl Wrote:  
(22-03-2011 06:14 PM)IndigoJ Wrote:  [quote='flamered' pid='1609' dateline='1300811010']
Yes I think it is about improving the service/ the way things work..so that the positive aspects can be better enjoyed and the issues that are swept under the carpet just dealt with to keep people more in charge of their choices...and that goes for all psychic services..Tv just magnifies any issues..

I have also put up on one of the threads how near suicide I became too, that first year was incredibly difficult to deal with predictions not even coming near true. So I totally understand where you're coming from and am so relieved for you that you have come out the other side. Stay healthy and happy Indigo J x

Thank you for that, you too, as you know it's a terrible place to go. Thankfully the only time I have ever had a problem is when I picked up the phone to PTV, so now I see it for what it is I know I'll will never go there again. As I have already said this forum shows many have been through this so it also allows you to see your not alone, it's happened to many, as I think, the it must just be me and also the shame is an awful feeling. No longer will I waste another minute thinking oh one day their predictions might come true, it seems so ridiculous now hell I never want to hear another one lol!!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Christian louboutin ChuanLiu00 1 2,196 16-08-2012 09:15 AM
Last Post: maryer