Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Are dreams symbols or indicator of things to come?
16-02-2013, 06:15 PM (This post was last modified: 16-02-2013 06:19 PM by Indigo11.)
Are dreams symbols or indicator of things to come?
Dear all,

I am in a tense time. I don't know who to believe.

I had a dream about this lady which I've been seeing my local clairvoyant who knows about this situation. However, I went to a professional dream analyst which he goes by Jung psychology and he says dreams are symbollic and most of my dreams with the lady I fancy are just mere wish fufillment dreams.

However, some of my dreams have come true in real life, I felt disgusted when he said dreams are just symbollic when some of my dreams have become true in real life.

The two brief dreams I had became true in real life;

1) I had a dream of a pleasant old man, I had an amicable conversation with him in the dream.

The next day, I am in my city centre and I came across a spiritual room in a building, I had a very amicable time with the spiritual old man.

2) I am with my friend and I see an appliction form in Asda.

The next day I recieve an application form from him, which he also works in Asda!

The dream I had:

I am sitting in my living room with my cousin who is sitting on the right chair and we are discussing some things.

I hear a knock on the door and the Lady I fancy comes in smiling to my living room automatically as I am seated. She is wearing a beuatiful black dress.

NOW, the dream interpretor said my cousin in a symbol who I wish I was to get the lady (he is successful). However, my medium said because she knocked on my door and came into my house, this must be prominent and an indicator of things to come.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
16-02-2013, 06:39 PM
RE: Are dreams symbols or indicator of things to come?
I guess it all depends when it comes to dreams. They can be both symbolic or premonition, and you eventually come to realise which ones are which, unless they are blatantly obvious.. I mean I once dreamed that David Boreanez (angel from Buffy), was in character as Angel, and I had my own scooby gang.. we raced through the streets trying to capture him and then he turned me into a vampire.... These types of dreams are always symbolic.

Why not try writing a dream diary? This way you can detect patterns in the dreams and will be able to give meaning to your own symbolism :-)

Life is a shipwreck but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats. ~Voltaire
16-02-2013, 07:45 PM
i personally don't believe dreams indiacte anythings. that's just my view, and it's cause most times i dream weird random stuff, or real dramatic events, like ghosts and terrorist attacks. i don't like to think i'm possessed or violent =P. but well when i miss a person a lot, i'll dream about them something or the other. so i think it's all what's in your thoughts before you'd drift off to sleep.

saying that my parents both believe in dreams. and i would often get calls from them forbidding me from different places cause they've seen me in danger. *touchwood* no such danger came through.

i think best to speak to the person at your local spiritualist church again if any doubts. and think about too many happy thoughts before you drift off. when i go to bed with a happy mood, i wake up with a happy mood. and vice versa x

When you realize how perfect everything is you will tilt your head and laugh at the sky - Buddha.
16-02-2013, 08:07 PM
Indigo? Your dream could convey your concerns in your personal life. We all experience these type of dreams that make no sense, in some cases they are indeed just meaningless. Recurring nightmares early on in your life quite often are telling you to stop being upset by bad experiences. Your dream could have a variety of meanings Indigo!

Premonitions come in different forms from obscure dreams, nightmares to messages from spirit or just plain intuition. When I get a premonition this is accompanied by fear and anxiety. Premonitions can warn of all sorts of things. Sometimes they can involve just a casual knowing, or even a telepathy with somebody close. As we spend about one third of our lives asleep, premonitions occur most often in dreams.

Sometimes we are often aware of the premonition, other times we receive subconscious warnings that prompt us to do something without knowing why.

Indigo? I guess it's just a case to pay attention to your dreams in the weeks ahead.
17-02-2013, 10:36 AM
Hi. I often dream of a dead aunt that often visits me in my dreams. Her face is always hidden from me. She never speaks either. I'm not sure if this is just a random dream or if it something spiritual?

Hi Icemaiden. This is a small world. I know Lake Side and the shopping centre there.
23-02-2013, 12:53 PM
I'm glad this thread was started because I too have been having a lot of dreams lately. One psychic I used to speak to told me that I dreamt of this person because he is trying to connect with me & the way my situation is that would make an awful lot of sense right now.

The Native Americans believed that someone would appear in your dreams because they were awake & thinking of you
& it is also believed that when someone appears in a dream they are missing you Smile
23-02-2013, 07:14 PM
Oooh i didn't know it was a native american belief about dreaming of someone and they are awake and thinking of you (I knew about the belief though)

I wonder if that has the same meaning when dreaming about the rock (Dwayne Johnson) LOL

Life is a shipwreck but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats. ~Voltaire

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Approx 1000 positive dreams of her, but today only negative dreams Castro 1 181 13-06-2017 12:05 AM
Last Post: Pink Pearl
  Shattered Dreams asha 10 3,157 30-08-2013 08:41 PM
Last Post: Icemaiden
Big Grin 2013 Lets Move Things Forward Dream Catcher 1 468 12-01-2013 02:35 PM
Last Post: Icemaiden
  28 clairvoyants say same similar/same things...must be right? Indigo11 3 1,206 21-12-2012 05:33 PM
Last Post: Sidney
  What are the annoying things that Psychic Today do that wind you up lizcancer girl 38 7,565 22-06-2012 11:22 PM
Last Post: Fortune
Heart Let things go. Amanda Gore Angel Eyes 0 635 31-05-2012 03:47 PM
Last Post: Angel Eyes