Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Meditation techniques
24-03-2011, 03:04 PM
Meditation techniques
I've recently started to try and test my psychic ability. I know this might sound a bit silly to some, but i think i may have something.

A mate told me that it'd be better if i meditated, and i've been looking it up on the net. I've tried breathing and emptying my mind etc (never that full anyway!) but it doesn't help much.

Then someone else said i shoudl try out somethign called mantra meditation. THis is when yoiu chant something, but i can't for the life of me think what to chant that doesn't make me laugh to myself. Has anyone ever done this mantra meditation bedore and had any success?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
27-03-2011, 10:34 AM
RE: Meditation techniques
I've used meditation several times to great success to get me into a psychic state and it's also great for relaxation. I've never had any experience with Mantra however, but i'd be interested to find out more if i could; don't think i'd need it though because i get the result i need from basic mind clearing stuff and quiet places etc.
03-04-2011, 11:11 AM
OK so i tried chainting just the world "Mantra" and i actually got somewhere with it! I'm having such moment s of clarity at the moment i can haerdly believe it! Anyone else getting a kick out of meditation?
03-04-2011, 02:33 PM
This is slightly related.

I dont normally dream and remember it.

If I listen to a meditation before I sleep, you can guarentee that I will have a dream - generally loopy - and I can recall it.

Has anyone else experienced this??
03-04-2011, 02:41 PM
What do you listen to? Is it just relaxing music or a specific cd or somthing?
03-04-2011, 02:47 PM
(03-04-2011 02:41 PM)Curly Wrote:  What do you listen to? Is it just relaxing music or a specific cd or somthing?

A specific meditation CD. The meditations vary, so its not just the fault of one CD Wink
20-04-2011, 11:52 AM
(03-04-2011 02:33 PM)Eridanus Wrote:  This is slightly related.

I dont normally dream and remember it.

If I listen to a meditation before I sleep, you can guarentee that I will have a dream - generally loopy - and I can recall it.

Has anyone else experienced this??

LOL! Yes, i've experienced this on a number of occasions, which is partly the reason i don't do it very often! Smile I can remember most people that have appeared in my dream too, which makes it quite awkward when i go to work the next day, because i'm still thinking about them in my dream; and i get up to all sorts in there.
11-04-2014, 07:26 AM (This post was last modified: 12-04-2014 07:48 AM by Collier.)
Meditation is a good technique for the mental relaxation and mental stability.
It helps a lot to deal with the mental illnesses specially stress, depression, and anxiety.