Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 3.5 Average
The Best of Psychic Sofa.. Any Nominees??
07-06-2014, 05:44 PM
RE: The Best of Psychic Sofa.. Any Nominees??
(07-06-2014 11:58 AM)Alesha Wrote:  Hello Wonderful Life.

It is interesting to see views on readers, I agree that validation and the reader looking into a persons thoughts and feelings is important. I do agree with pg, that some of MKs readers are not all they're cracked up to be. I've encountered rudeness and arrogance from some of her psychics.

There is one thing that hanging pants has brought up that I am in full agreement with. I do think that many readers should be classed as guidance councillors. I read cards myself and there are methods and spreads where the end result to a question can be found. I think if a reader isn't confident enough to do fortune telling then they should put this on their profile as agony aunt!!

I believe some things are pre-destined in our lives, otherwise how do many genuine clairvoyants and fortune tellers get things right that have been predicted in the past. Of course we all have an element of choices and decisions that we have to make, this is our journey through life.

Yes, you're right. My first Tarot reader said something like 'most of those cards around you and him are minor Arcana, so they can be subjected to free will; while the big change is a major Arcana so it's a predestined event and nothing you can do to speed it up.'

Being judgemental itself is aweful. Besides I encountered one person who kept teasing me for 20 minutes because I asked her for clarification (not sure if she was talking about my boyfriend). I kept holding the phone because I was curious about her exaggerated response. Why didn't she just hang up and give me back the money if she doesn't want to talk to me. I guess she was uncomfortable that I challenged her psychic ability.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-06-2014, 02:53 AM
(07-06-2014 07:15 PM)witchespotion Wrote:  Wonderfullife, i notice from your post that you speak very highly of Eleanor. can you tell me more about your reading with her and if predictions have appened? i had a reading with eleanor and resonated well with her. i'm just hoping what she's told me will happen. Sleepy

being judgemental is bad. that's awful being teased for 20 mins by a phone psychic, who was it so i can avoid using them in future Idea i had similar from ricci the love doctor, he rambled on and on, to be honest i just put the phone down in the end. i didn't find Eileen that good for me, she rambled on a bit and so far the predictions she gave haven't come, she was a bit vague.

any info you give me are most welcome, as I've got a bit of mixed responses so far on eleanor.Wink

Eleanor - she once predicted that we will be meeting up in 2 weeks and that happened (to be exact more than 2 weeks about 3 weeks). She once said he would be coming I said no I would be going but in fact he planned to come for 1 day after I visit him. She once predicted contact in the weekend and it happened. Unfortunately all were minor predictions and happened days or weeks after the phone. I do like her as she's very nice and helped me connecting with a spirit once. However, even though I 100% wish that what she said to me comes true one day (me and my boyfriend can move to the next level) I am not too sure about that as I can't see how things can work out! Will update u!
01-07-2014, 07:48 PM
The new reader Benita on PS is using the picture of a Bollywood star! PS should be careful about that.
21-09-2014, 03:06 PM
Just an update:

Eleanor said my boyfriend would not be coming to see me because work came up at the last minute... I was angry. No, he said he would be coming. So I stop using her. However, work really came up the last minute and he didn't come.

She also told me in late May that my boyfriend will be traveling in Oct and Dec which I confirmed is happening 2 weeks ago.

I hope the rest of it comes true. We can be physical together next February or March...
21-09-2014, 04:04 PM
I have gone a bit skeptic on readers now because of all the failed predictions Ive had.I do stick to a chosen few who seem to get things right for me.I have to say Heidi is good,she picks up so well on people and what I like about her is her sincerity.For me she's given me some accuracy regarding a work tribunal that many readers haven't come up with the goods so far.She really does get into the persons head you're enquiring about,for me it all turned out to be true.
18-12-2014, 07:33 PM
I thought I'd bump this thread up.Its interesting to see what everyone's opinions are now of psychics they've used on ps since.We're nearing the end of 2014 and time has passed since DC started this thread
29-12-2014, 11:31 AM
Hi Ella Hardy

I recently met a lovely guy (2 months ago). I thought we had a really strong connection and had a couple of dates where we had an amazing time it was like we had known each other for years. Good friends of mine also met him and saw were were both besotted. He moved from being super keen and even talking about the future to virtually no contact, leaving me rather high and dry. I e-mailed him directly telling him honestly how I felt and that our relationship may be worth exploring if he was even slightly interested and I got a very honest answer, which based on what I know about him I believe to be true. Ie he is going through a difficult divorce and has realised that he can't get into anything serious as it will cause more problems. He also has a really stressful and busy job. So I think he at least thought seriously about me. He asked me to stay in touch as he really did think a lot of me and you never know!?. Which I did to a degree but it became rather one sided so have currently given up.

I went through a spate of PS readings in the last 2 weeks (which I could ill afford) to try to find some clarification, so here are my results, although not enough time has passed for anything to come true.

Alison - amazing picked up everything including how he felt about me and I didn't tell her anything. She told me about his wife too which fits in. I felt she got everything spot on including problems I have at work which are probably more pressing. She said I would hear from him between Christmas and NY but nothing yet and that things would be very slow until March when his position would become clearer. She described him physically, his work and financial situation, that he had to sell his house and how we were together as well and was completely spot on again! Said there would be changes at work and it would get better for me towards spring. So wait and see. Highly ecommended

Moondust - brilliant even more detail and almost the same outcome. I felt she was really tuned in. She also said things would go really slow until March but that I would find a new position. Didn't say when I would next hear from him only soon. but again picked up that he couldn't continue with me just now as he was in a bad place with complicated divorce and work. Again also picked up on the wife's personality and how she was playing things. Described him physically very accurately again and his personality. I didn't feel that she was reading from notes even though some of the things she said were close to what Alison said. Highly recommended

Eleanor (photo white shirt) - She didn't say anything that made me feel she had connected with me or him. She has great testimonials so I don't understand that, although I realise not everyone gets a good connection. I had to ask about everything so nothing flowed. She got everything wrong including my age, circumstances, work and where I live, they were way out. Said I would get a new well paid job in a city centre with a lot of commuting which made my blood run cold as it is the last thing I would want. The type of job she described would definitely not be one which I would like or excel at. That I would hear from my current love interest but it would come to nothing and that he was dating someone else. No description and personality all wrong. That I would meet someone through my new job. She did keep insisting that all this would happen but I just couldn't see it. Anyway six to eight weeks was the timescale, so will update. She was very confident her reading would come true no matter what I said. I was a little thrown that she did this despite me not being able to take any names or situations she gave me.

Heidi - mind blowingly accurate. As other correspondents have reported she doesn't give predictions but gets into the shoes of the other person. At first she was describing someone who didn't sound right then I realised it was my boss down to a tee. Again, my work issues are probably more pressing. She gave some really helpful insight into what he thought of me and got his personality exactly right. Also the general situation at work and how my colleagues coped. Very helpful. Went on to give lots of detail about my love interest and his situation and wife. Totally correct, also that he thought it unfair to continue seeing me at present due to his difficult circumstances and doesn't do anything half hearted. Said I would see him again as we had a very strong connection but could not give timescales. To give me more proof she described an incident on our first date, which I had completely forgotten about. I was really impressed. I would recommend Heidi to anyone.

I have had readings before and know that predictions rarely come true and I should not set too much store by them but at least it set my mind at rest after the confusion about what happened. The description of personalities and situations from at least 3 of my readings did prove to me that they had connected and that my love interest had genuinely liked me (so I wasn't going mad) and had been completely honest. He didn't give me false hope and I know he has other ladies interested in him as he told me. It is very difficult when you are free and single and ready to move on to get involved with people who still have entanglements, which could go on for a long time. You just have to trust it to fate. Even when they are free they probably don't want to dive straight into something serious but lick their wounds, maybe even play around for a while.

I hope some of the above is helpful to any of you thinking about a reading. I don't want you to think Eleanor is not as good as her testimonials rather that she didn't connect with me but time will tell. I just wasn't comfortable with her insistence that her predictions would come true even though I couldn't take any validations or names she gave me. It was clearly obvious to me that there was no connection and that she perhaps should have admitted that. The others were not at all like that but seemed to come from a place where they genuinely wanted to use their impressive psychic skills to help and give comfort in an honest way. I do believe all the other three would have told me if they felt it was false hope as I asked them directly in a diplomatic way.

I don't want to encourage people to have readings, knowing myself that they can be a bit addictive and very expensive when you are going through a difficult time and that predictions do not come true on most occasions, no matter how much we want them to. Men are completely different from women in this respect and despite all the Hollywood movies, they can feel very strongly about someone then shift focus cut off and move on much more easily than women. Sometimes it is because the don't want to feel vulnerable but at the same time they tend to be focused on other things and can't deal with both at once.

My main purpose in writing this is I have the benefit of having asked my man directly and honestly where things were and received what I believe to be an honest and mature reply. Most of the readings backed that up without me saying anything and gave me more insight. Knowledge is power as they say.

Best of luck to all.
29-12-2014, 12:54 PM
Hi Cobweb
You are completely right the best thing to do is ask the person.
In my opinion if most of us did that we would not need to spend money on psychics as the only one who can answer is the person in question and if they don't reply we know to move on from the situation if people can.
I have been trying not to have readings but caved recently and the reader i spoke to said don't contact the man in question wait for him to come to you. I choose to ignore that advice we have only just started to date and life is too short and complicated enough without us making it worse. So I took my own advice and contacted him and it was fine. I think sometimes fear stops us from doing things because we are scared of what may be on the other side and men are the same in woman in that not one of us has the same personality so one size does not fit all.
In regards to the readers you mentioned i had one with Eleanor earlier this year and won't sugar coat it was one of the worst i have had. Nothing mentioned applied to my situation it was really strange actually.
Heidi I agree in hindsight i did like her. She never gave false hope and was quite honest about the man that was around me at the time. In fact she said ' i would love to tell you he is not stepping up because he is scared and it will come and deep down there is love but I'm not getting that' and although it was harsh to hear it was the truth.
IF i ever did want insight although i think i have proved to myself my own insight is the best Heidi is one i would speak to again.

Hope everything works out for you. Take care
29-12-2014, 04:07 PM
(29-12-2014 12:54 PM)Ad1707 Wrote:  Hi Cobweb
You are completely right the best thing to do is ask the person.
In my opinion if most of us did that we would not need to spend money on psychics as the only one who can answer is the person in question and if they don't reply we know to move on from the situation if people can.
I have been trying not to have readings but caved recently and the reader i spoke to said don't contact the man in question wait for him to come to you. I choose to ignore that advice we have only just started to date and life is too short and complicated enough without us making it worse. So I took my own advice and contacted him and it was fine. I think sometimes fear stops us from doing things because we are scared of what may be on the other side and men are the same in woman in that not one of us has the same personality so one size does not fit all.
In regards to the readers you mentioned i had one with Eleanor earlier this year and won't sugar coat it was one of the worst i have had. Nothing mentioned applied to my situation it was really strange actually.
Heidi I agree in hindsight i did like her. She never gave false hope and was quite honest about the man that was around me at the time. In fact she said ' i would love to tell you he is not stepping up because he is scared and it will come and deep down there is love but I'm not getting that' and although it was harsh to hear it was the truth.
IF i ever did want insight although i think i have proved to myself my own insight is the best Heidi is one i would speak to again.

Hope everything works out for you. Take care

Hi thank you for your very interesting reply.

I am mighty relieved that I am not the only one who had a poor reading from Eleanor. It was truly terrible to be blunt and if it was the only reading I had had I would have been very depressed and disillusioned, especially as her many testimonials are all so positive and she was so adamant she was right. Also interesting what Heidi told you as she did tell me I would hear from him and don't close the door as a lovely positive connection but don't put my life on hold either. I will let you know how it pans out.

I felt exactly like you, in that life is too short to wait around for something that might never happen. I have been there before. Let's face it if you are thinking about someone, who in theory you may wish to spend the rest of your life with, and can't even ask them a direct honest question and let them know how you feel it does not bode well. The vast majority of decent men would not use it against you, laugh at you or broadcast it to all and sundry. If they did, well they definitely weren't worth pursuing and at least you would know, shed a few tears and move on. (also save a fortune on phone psychics). As you also pointed out it could help them if they are confused or at least ease their conscience if they did feel bad about not contacting you so no awkward moments if you meet again.

I am not saying it is easy, it isn't. I would probably advise others that it is worth giving them a week or even much more before contacting them. Be direct, mature, honest and diplomatic if at all possible. Two good girlfriends, who got back with an ex long-term made the first contact after a reasonable time and their husband/partner say they would never have contacted them even though they thought about them daily?

I truly hope everything works out well for you too.

Best wishes
29-12-2014, 08:22 PM
Thank you for your post Cobweb it is really interesting and I also found Eleanor a bit patronising, also her predictions were totally wrong for me.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Maryanne psychic sofa PurpleShimmer3 13 2,163 Yesterday 02:50 PM
Last Post: fbarraza28
  Anna psychic sofa Rachel212 47 3,917 03-09-2018 03:07 PM
Last Post: Virgo1
  Psychic Sofa's Changed Look Rodrigo 3 237 30-08-2018 11:10 PM
Last Post: pasha
Smile Lyn 4397 psychic sofa Rachel212 7 807 26-08-2018 04:09 PM
  Psychic Sofa - Please read hopefull 33 40,832 23-08-2018 11:52 AM
  Psychic sofa....just a shocking realisation Lauragrace 5 570 07-08-2018 02:44 PM
Last Post: Pink25
  Psychic sofa pindikaur and marion Kayley 7 1,462 18-07-2018 10:24 AM
Last Post: Angelica38
  psychic sofa Dorothy 21 1,227 28-06-2018 11:09 AM
  Anthony - Psychic Sofa miserable 52 13,391 29-05-2018 04:06 PM
Last Post: Mr R Sole
  Abigail psychic sofa Rachel212 6 1,307 28-05-2018 10:04 PM
Last Post: Dorothy