Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Power
05-04-2013, 10:32 AM
Power
Hi Guys

I have leanrt the hard way what it is to give away your power!!! so have all the T-Shirt collection on that one..

BUT recently in readings I have been told to stand in my own power and to set my boundaries..since this has come up in a text with Aldo and Demian I am thinking this is key!!!! So what does it mean to stand in your own power? It would be great to get your views...
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-04-2013, 11:16 AM (This post was last modified: 05-04-2013 11:20 AM by Dream Catcher.)
RE: Power
Standing in your own power is I guess where you feel confident enough not to be wavered by other peoples opinions & try to depend more on your feelings & instincts. It goes deeper than this though, like using your wisdom & experience to get you places. Really to depend on yourself- if that makes any sense. Go with what feels right for you but stay strong in it whatever the rest of the world says. Its owning yourself, your decisions & the consequences. Taking responsibilities instead of "blaming" & keeping personal boundaries so certain people (especially draining negative ones) don't get too close.

As you know your own thoughts & the people in your life really influence you. Good Luck

Demian Allen is one of my favorites Smile
05-04-2013, 11:38 AM
(05-04-2013 11:16 AM)Dream Catcher Wrote:  Standing in your own power is I guess where you feel confident enough not to be wavered by other peoples opinions & try to depend more on your feelings & instincts. It goes deeper than this though, like using your wisdom & experience to get you places. Really to depend on yourself- if that makes any sense. Go with what feels right for you but stay strong in it whatever the rest of the world says. Its owning yourself, your decisions & the consequences. Taking responsibilities instead of "blaming" & keeping personal boundaries so certain people (especially draining negative ones) don't get too close.

As you know your own thoughts & the people in your life really influence you. Good Luck

Thanks yes this makes sense.. I think it is also from what Demian was saying..don't try to be liked or don't change for anyone.. I think from lessons it is also don't give over your well being or the reigns to someone else emotionally (love) and learn to stand your ground or step back until things balance..and don't be afraid to say or do something that will rock the boat if it is your truth!!!!!!!!!!!
Yes, finnaly after too many readings and readers I think I have got to a place whee by I now know who to go to..and not to waste time on or money on others! Aldo and Demian seem to work for me..and compliment each other..in what they have both picked up on..hence for me right now looking at this issue of 'power'
I know that i stand completely in my power work, friendship, life etc but it is in the area of 'love' that I need to remember!
07-04-2013, 10:09 PM
For me the idea of standing in your own power... or taking back your own personal power is making a decision on how you yourself want people to treat you, and as such, laying down the boundaries and NOT accepting anything less....... for me its about standing up for yourself in the right way, and to not allow others to control you... by control I mean the whole idea of others having a huge influence over our lives to the point where we are pretty powerless.

Its about having the confidence to know what you want and deserve out of all the relationships in your life (friends, loved ones, work colleagues and romantic interests/partners) etc etc

I guess I can only explain it in the way that I see it and understand it if that makes sense LOL.... For me its all about taking back control of your life in every aspect and having the confidence to lay down the boundaries in how others treat you etc etc?

Life is a shipwreck but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats. ~Voltaire
08-04-2013, 09:17 AM
(08-04-2013 12:18 AM)80sgoth Wrote:  
(05-04-2013 11:16 AM)Dream Catcher Wrote:  Standing in your own power is I guess where you feel confident enough not to be wavered by other peoples opinions & try to depend more on your feelings & instincts. It goes deeper than this though, like using your wisdom & experience to get you places. Really to depend on yourself- if that makes any sense. Go with what feels right for you but stay strong in it whatever the rest of the world says. Its owning yourself, your decisions & the consequences. Taking responsibilities instead of "blaming" & keeping personal boundaries so certain people (especially draining negative ones) don't get too close.

I completly agree, that standing your own personal power gives you a sense of self confidence and self worth. Without this power we become no more than puppets that are manipulated by other people's demands and expectations of us.

Personal power is all about making our own decisions in life, using our intergrity and knowing what we want in life so that we can go for it.

Sometimes I wonder, are we on here in some way loosing part of our personal power by becoming too obsessed with having readings and relying on the advice of a psychic?

I sometimes feel that somewhere along the line I may have lost some of this in the past when I was at a low ebb. Instead of relying on my own judgement I relied on other people's.

Thank you for your posts.

It is in the area of love I am looking as I don't seem to have an issue elsewhere! I am sure I am not alone in this.
I have been reading around the subject and yes I think it can mean standing in your own truth..and not being afraid to loose/or cause an issue with a loved one..but to stand quiety and firmly in your own ground..I am practicing this..
AND interestingly enough yes it can have a knock on effect to readings..for example how many times do we call and say how do they feel about me..now when I think this I flip it round..what do I feel about them? what do I want from them? and I don't need another reading..!!!!!!!!!!!!! as these are things I can answer..stand by and wether that other person joins in or not is up to them!!!!!!!

And yes also found that having too many readings does also give your power away..power to predictions..influence..worry too much about anothers actions on ones own life etc.............so I am learning find a reader that you feel empowers you and gives you the 'homework' to realise and grow! and yes obviously has accuracy and connection..have less readings and work on the guidance to develop your self..........the rest will or not fall into place but having the best relationships with ones own strength and self respect is pretty cool!

And set those boundaries early on in a new relationship/friendship..saves time and energy..and builds a good foundation
08-04-2013, 10:41 AM
It is true.This discussion is about our own personal power and how to gain some confidence and make our own decisions.Yet it is true, by having readings we are not developing our personal power,we are relying on the judgement of a psychic.Im not saying all of us are, but certainly quite a few.
08-04-2013, 11:30 AM
(08-04-2013 10:41 AM)Ella Hardy Wrote:  It is true.This discussion is about our own personal power and how to gain some confidence and make our own decisions.Yet it is true, by having readings we are not developing our personal power,we are relying on the judgement of a psychic.Im not saying all of us are, but certainly quite a few.

I think or I have found that is not when you rely on them but that you find one or two who you feel/know are connected with you and are able to highlight those aspects that may need tweaking in order for the rest..or an improved life to fall into line...then it brings the power back to you as you can see what to work on or adjust...which in terms of working to our highest good makes sense..seems so obvious now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! after to many years!

Thanks for your post..