Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How accurate are the tarot?
13-04-2013, 09:45 AM
How accurate are the tarot?
Good morning.Was wondering if any of you could help me with my dilemma?My friend has bought a pack of tarot cards, the Morgan Greer. Last week she selected 4 cards for me with the question around my ex boyfriend. The cards she picked were - The Fool, 8 Swords as past and present, then for the outcome The 10 of Cups with a clarification card on top of this as The World. The Fool meant he wanted his freedom and change, the 8 of Swords meaning he still feels a prisoner if he were to get back in a relationship with me. (So far this seems all true from his point of view.) But the last one as the 10 of Cups means that it will all end up right and I will be in a happy relationship with him, specially with The World card as completion over it.The thing is, this reading doesen't tally in at all with what all the other readers have told me.Ive been told to let him go and break free, also by his attitude towards me I can't see him getting back with me into a blissful relationship.I need some advice, how accurate are tarot cards?My friend is only a novice reader an needs to look up meanings.But I saw the cards and large as life the 10 of cups was there.Can cards lie?Please help me someone.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
13-04-2013, 09:53 AM
RE: How accurate are the tarot?
(13-04-2013 09:45 AM)Ella Hardy Wrote:  Good morning.Was wondering if any of you could help me with my dilemma?My friend has bought a pack of tarot cards, the Morgan Greer. Last week she selected 4 cards for me with the question around my ex boyfriend. The cards she picked were - The Fool, 8 Swords as past and present, then for the outcome The 10 of Cups with a clarification card on top of this as The World. The Fool meant he wanted his freedom and change, the 8 of Swords meaning he still feels a prisoner if he were to get back in a relationship with me. (So far this seems all true from his point of view.) But the last one as the 10 of Cups means that it will all end up right and I will be in a happy relationship with him, specially with The World card as completion over it.The thing is, this reading doesen't tally in at all with what all the other readers have told me.Ive been told to let him go and break free, also by his attitude towards me I can't see him getting back with me into a blissful relationship.I need some advice, how accurate are tarot cards?My friend is only a novice reader an needs to look up meanings.But I saw the cards and large as life the 10 of cups was there.Can cards lie?Please help me someone.

I think you have answered your own question in a way from two things you say. A novice reader and I mean no disrespect to your friend. Tarot readers usually find their own way of interpreting the cards as their psychic vision intermingles with the images and meanings drawn..so I would be cautious of your friends reading. Also you mention your own instinct or feelings around the situation..and these may keep you grounded...and healing..and if he comes back and gives you a choice then that would be a possible bonus..wishing you the best
13-04-2013, 09:09 PM
Thanks very much for your advice everyone.You've all been very helpful.
13-04-2013, 11:19 PM
Hi I am a tarot reader myself & do have a connection with my spirit guide. I think cards are great to reflect the situation but I often use them for timings & to back up what I am "getting" & to be honest from feed back that i have recieved they are about 95% accurate. So maybe there is positivity coming in soon & if I got those cards in a reading I'd be saying October xx
14-04-2013, 10:50 AM
The meanings that come with the card are generic meanings.... while anyone can read the tarot cards, and there are a lot of good readers about who simply interpret the cards, when someone is learning it is always best to be cautious in what is being said... mainly because when someone is learning they are also learning how to interpret the cards..... not just learning the meanings etc etc... because interpretation is the key when starting out and learning :-).. and the way to learn is by reading for friends and family, but also by learning the cards and what they mean to the person reading them.....

also, the cards are a psychic tool, and when people develop learning the cards, they also develop their own psychic ability with it. The cards are simply a window and with each window they help us see a situation (if that makes sense), and while all the windows are linked with each other, every window will be different. Tarot cards are essentially a tool that helps people open each window and *see*, *sense* *hear* etc etc.... they are a key that helps unlock the psychic senses.

The more your friend uses the cards, the more he or she will develop.... it might be better for her perhaps not to look at more complex situations and to maybe start with three card readings or guidance for the week etc etc... to gain confidence as well as to help learn what the cards mean to her.

also.. another tip for developing is to take one card out a day and spend time *learning* it, by simply having it close by and looking at it, and making notes of things that spring to mind when looking at the card..... this is a great exercise to really help a person learn what the card means to them :-)

Life is a shipwreck but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats. ~Voltaire
14-04-2013, 12:42 PM
Thanks Dreamcatcher and Icemaiden for your advice.I shall pass those tips on to my friend. Learning a card a day makes sense.Hopefully by October I have moved on Flammered, but will have to wait and see, lol.
14-04-2013, 05:34 PM
Yes of course I agree, I have an idea of the general meanings if the cards but I have pretty much relied on my intuition. The cards are a great tool to back up what you are getting spiritually. I think Cups means "weeks" with regards to timings actually, so 10 weeks??? of course its the love card too.
15-04-2013, 05:16 PM
While timings can be a wee bit inaccurate... a good way of getting time scales using the tarot cards is to lay out two or three cards per month... for example..if a person wanted to see what was coming up in the next three months... lay out two or three cards first row represents first month, second, the second month, and the last row the third month, and that should give you a rough time scale? (This is for people learning as I appreciate those who read will have their own ways and interpretations of time scales)

Also.. using numerology within the reading based on the numbers on the cards and number patterns is another way of getting a rough guide of whether things you are asking for are going to happen quickly, be a bit stagnant etc etc... and there are some great sites around that deal with numbers and their meanings when using numerology in a wider context instead of life path numbers.

Life is a shipwreck but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats. ~Voltaire
15-04-2013, 10:44 PM
Cool 80sgoth
20-04-2013, 08:50 PM
please can i ask any tarot readers on here a question ... ?

i've had 2 different readings over the past few months with psychic readers who use the tarot cards as a tool. in both of these readings, he has shown as the emporer and i have shown as the empress, and both times the lovers card and the devil card have also come out ... so thats 2 seperate readings where the emporer, empress, lovers and the devil card have all come out together.

i've been advised by both readers that they feel the devil represents a female ex who is still lurking in the background who doesn't want to see him move on and be happy, but that by autumn / winter she will get fed up and move on.

the lovers card was put down when i asked how he honestly felt about me.

along with the emporer, empress, lovers and devil, one reader put down the star as the outcome, while the other reader put down the sun as the outcome.

i've googled the meanings of each of these cards individually and also together, but there are so many different and varied meanings for each one, and the tarot cards combined, both positive and negative - especially for the lovers and the devil being drawn together in the same reading.

what would be your interpretation or thoughts of these cards, i know both readers individually have told me they mean the same things but i just want to know for myself ... ? Confused

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
Brick Tarot cards :) curiouscat 1 84 19-02-2018 07:32 PM
Last Post: Spiritual Beer Cans
  Free sample tarot reading rose123 0 198 18-08-2017 12:42 PM
Last Post: rose123
  Accurate Reader louieboy 34 7,423 25-07-2017 03:19 AM
Last Post: Toodles1212
  Tarot sample reading rose123 1 244 10-07-2017 03:11 PM
Last Post: Lu1111
  Eddie - Tarot Insights PurpleShimmer3 34 4,902 20-08-2016 07:49 PM
Last Post: janaan
  Help with tarot cards Susie Lowe202 2 483 17-04-2016 03:27 PM
Last Post: Susie Lowe202
  Christy - 121 Tarot cornflower50 0 402 28-12-2015 02:25 PM
Last Post: cornflower50
Exclamation Mediums versus Tarot Cards Angela66 27 2,565 11-11-2015 10:35 AM
Last Post: janaan
  Timings more accurate the closer the event? Purple shimmer 15 2,396 05-09-2015 06:02 PM
Last Post: Icemaiden2
  a tarot card for the forum Dr Healy Feely 3 682 08-08-2015 07:46 PM
Last Post: Sabbie