Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How accurate are the tarot?
09-02-2015, 11:03 PM
RE: How accurate are the tarot?
Exactly...hence me going I shall be reading or replying no more! I realised that very thing this afternoon so no longer wish to be part of it. Blessings and light to you all!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-02-2015, 11:03 PM
Tarot cards are what they are, just cards with glossy pictures printed on the front. They're the predecessors to the playing cards. They've been debunked many times effectively. Yet still people come back for more. They have about the same power as a pack of snap cards to read the future.

They're ok if used as a harmless piece of fun with a group of friends. That's where they should stop and not entice vulnerable people at distraught times of their lives.
09-02-2015, 11:58 PM (This post was last modified: 10-02-2015 03:55 AM by nimi.)
(09-02-2015 09:23 PM)Politically Incorrect Wrote:  
(09-02-2015 08:18 PM)Yogabunny Wrote:  I am leaving forum today and deleting most of my posts as I have not come on here to be called a joke or mental...and am certainly not either and have much better things to be doing with my time than giving energy to this forum in form of posts ..I joined as i thought it would a fun lighthearted pasttime to chat to other like minds..but the like minds are few and far between on here so its not for me anymore!!

Yogabunny

Anyone who believes in all this psychic nonsense is probably being ridiculed behind their back anyway because, let's face it, it's not normal to believe in this la-la land nonsense, is it? At least, it's now been said to you face. Now, at least, you know what people are saying behind your back.Big Grin

The thing is no one was attacking anyone personally. People are quick to get defensive. If Yoga Bunny left then that's her choice but what I do find rather silly is that this is a forum so discussions are going to come from DIFFERENT angles.

If it said in the forum rules that no one is allowed to join if you question psychic ability or how others are perceived who believe in this then a majority would not have joined!

In fact you only have to read some posts to know that many have joined because they have been through the mill with psychics and have realised all this believing in predictions only leads you further downhill.

As people already know the time and money spent on psychics can really demoralize a person. Some come on here to verbalize their thoughts and feelings as a part of getting over the process or to seek some solace. Reading a logical perspective is invaluable on the road to recovery instead of falling further under the trap of this vicious cycle.

Back to this discussion, all I queried was if psychics would actually admit to their GP's what they did for a living? What is being offended got to do with anything! It's not as if anyone knows anyone on this forum so why do people care about what others think on here.

It's only in real life where you would possibly be ridiculed and be labelled as mental and that's the point I made earlier. I was only being realistic about people's perception in reality, I can't see why people need to take any offense to this.
10-02-2015, 12:59 AM
I am not ashamed of what I do . In fact I am proud of being able to have this gift because that is what it is. I am sorry that Yogabunny had to leave.. I do appreciate how she is feeling. However there are always sceptics. I have just come off line. I have just done three readings back to back and I know I have helped these people tonight feel better about themselves and that for me is worth it.
10-02-2015, 12:27 PM
(10-02-2015 09:45 AM)Politically Incorrect Wrote:  
(10-02-2015 12:59 AM)Pink Pearl Wrote:  I am not ashamed of what I do . In fact I am proud of being able to have this gift because that is what it is. I am sorry that Yogabunny had to leave.. I do appreciate how she is feeling. However there are always sceptics. I have just come off line. I have just done three readings back to back and I know I have helped these people tonight feel better about themselves and that for me is worth it.

From this post, you could be forgiven for thinking that Pink Pearl is one of the good guys because she helps people and that people such as myself are the bad guys because we criticise people such as Pink Pearl.

However, let's strip out the emotional bat crap and look at the facts:

Firstly, Pink Pearl used the term 'gift'. I presume that this is referring to her self-proclaimed psychic ability. Well, all the science that has investigated the psychic world proves that man does not have any psychic ability whatsoever. Pink Pearl can therefore claim and believe whatever she wishes. The fact remains. Her so-called gift only exists in her imagination. It does not exist in reality. She is either lying to herself or to her customers or to both. That's a fact.

Whenever any of these so-called psychics with so-called gifts have been tested by science for their psychic abilities, they have all failed. That's a fact.

Pink Pearl stated that there are '... always sceptics.' as though this is something bad. It's as though the sceptics are wrong because psychic ability exists. Well, given that science has disproved every aspect of the psychic world, not only is being a sceptic not wrong, it's actually correct. It's actually healthy.

The psychic world is a lie from start to finish. That's a fact.

Pink Pearl wrote 'I have just done three readings back to back and I know I have helped these people tonight feel better about themselves and that for me is worth it.'

Really? And you 'know' this how? 'Oh, they told you so, did they?'. Oh, well, that's fine then. FFS, people do that until the point that your predictions fail. Then they will realise that they have been conned out of their money and into believing that you are for real. Then, they will come on this forum and complain about your inaccurate predictions.

The only help that you have given them is that involved in transferring money from their bank account to yours.

You may be fooling yourself, but you don't fool me or others on this forum.

So, just who are the good guys? - people like Pink Pearl who claim to help people but actually either lies to herself and/or to her customers by claiming that she has psychic gifts, when, actually, she possesses nothing but delusional beliefs?

And, just who are the bad guys? - people like me who make people aware that the psychic world is a sham?
I was actually discussed on here and it was commented that my predictions do come true. I work under a different name by the way.
10-02-2015, 12:29 PM
how accurate is tarot ? and how long is a piece of string ? same problem same Q and then you get indefinite answer what annoys me most. you could have same sets of cards in your spread but give it 3 different readers and I guarantee you different reading every time !!!
10-02-2015, 12:35 PM
No I disagree with you. My readings are always very similar now.
10-02-2015, 12:51 PM (This post was last modified: 10-02-2015 12:54 PM by Twilight.)
(10-02-2015 12:35 PM)Pink Pearl Wrote:  No I disagree with you. My readings are always very similar now.

I said earlier if 3 different people give you reading it will show 3 different readings. I didn't say if you deal your cards 3 times it will be all the same although I very much doubt it will.

I myself tried tarot and yes similar outcome possible but that's coincidence saying that tarot gave me interesting answers some of which materialised !
10-02-2015, 01:13 PM
ha ha ha ...I do use my Pendulum and it works. However it doesn't work 100% and I don't swear by it, I don`t rely on it completely, I keep open minded .
Do agree with your views Politically incorrect , good read !
10-02-2015, 02:14 PM
I was quite lucky with a few readers when it came to validations. This was NOT cold read we are talking about such a facts you would only know if you knew the person to the point of very personal and sensitive info so wouldn't ditch them completely. like I said earlier tarot reading with whoever is not sancrosankt for me shouldn't be for others and should be taken lightly. And as I said I don't go to extremes to completely dismiss the whole thing but compare what`s what , what has been said ,what has happened and what is likely or not to happen. Black or white thinking was my way of thinking many moons ago until I realised its not always like that and that benefit of doubt if very much needed. that's my view anyway you can agree or disagree I respect that:-)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Accurate Reader louieboy 36 11,880 30-05-2019 08:17 PM
Last Post: Louieboy2
  Tarot Reading guardeeana 0 307 13-12-2018 04:04 PM
Last Post: guardeeana
  A new generation follows the pack as tarot makes a comeback mecheeta 2 832 25-09-2018 07:14 AM
Last Post: jullybina
  Accurate predictions?!?!? Novice01 16 2,335 05-09-2018 04:48 AM
Last Post: Virgo1
  The tarot revival thanks to Brexit, Trump and Dior mecheeta 1 495 28-08-2018 11:47 AM
Last Post: drstrange
Brick Tarot cards :) curiouscat 1 662 19-02-2018 07:32 PM
Last Post: Spiritual Beer Cans
  Free sample tarot reading rose123 0 544 18-08-2017 12:42 PM
Last Post: rose123
  Tarot sample reading rose123 1 668 10-07-2017 03:11 PM
Last Post: Lu1111
  Eddie - Tarot Insights PurpleShimmer3 34 7,589 20-08-2016 07:49 PM
Last Post: janaan
  Help with tarot cards Susie Lowe202 2 863 17-04-2016 03:27 PM
Last Post: Susie Lowe202