Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Love. Comes When Your Happy Being Single:
13-04-2013, 08:09 PM
Love. Comes When Your Happy Being Single:
Hi there, I haven't been on here for ages.

I've found when someone recovers from a traumatic ending of a relationship we either turn inwards or go to the other extreme and look for a new love. We do this on the rebound when not ready. But then you can be in danger of looking too hard for love to get over the pain left behind from our ex's.

When my marriage ended I went through all the tears and bitterness, even going into another relationship too soon afterwards. But now, I feel happy and content being free and single. I have since found new confidence I am meeting more people and having more fun in general.

My feelings are when we are over our broken relationships, we have moved on, it is the right time to find new love as it is safe for us to love. When you are single and happy love will come.

What's your views on this anyone?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
14-04-2013, 09:56 AM (This post was last modified: 14-04-2013 09:59 AM by flamered.)
RE: Love. Comes When Your Happy Being Single:
I think if we are happy being single we may want a relationship which then improves upn that, brings something positive to the table, enhances what we already have and therefore a greater clarityand discernment over choosing a new relationship may come into play..
My pal told me I would never completely get over or stop thinking about someone until someone new captured those thoughts and I have also found this to be true, despite me being happy being single..though in fairness to reach this point whereby someone new is in my thoughts I did take some big steps in shaking up my life and getting out, having fun and making new friendships and trying new things..to ensure that love of life and love is not restricted to the romance box!!!!!!!!!!

And safety comes from healing and re-setting ones own boundaries..placing one self back in ones power...and not letting fear rule but faith in ones own ability to stand alone...............and see a relationship as a bonus.. a potential gift..and if it not a gift to have the confidence to return it to sender!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
15-04-2013, 10:52 PM
I am very much a free spirit & I agree that you do indeed need to be happy & confident in your own skin & live before you commit to a relationship.
26-05-2013, 04:49 PM
It may sound weird but I love being single..... I am completely independent, am happy... have my own life etc etc.... and it will take someone very special to change my single status.

I am happier single than I ever was in my last serious relationship...... I can look back and say my life is so much better without my ex in it, and this has made me incredibly choosy about who I date and see and I have become the queen of saying no... after all, I have no plans on simply settling for someone.... I am in no rush to get into a committed relationship or find love... love will find me when it is meant to and I am comfortable and happy in my own skin and doing the things I want to do.

Single life can be so liberating....... don't get me wrong I am very much a free spirit and I am not sure I am really cut out for the whole marriage and mortgage type of relationship... I like my own space far too much to really want to share it all the time with another person..... and that may make me sound selfish but I think you learn a lot about yourself when you come out of a relationship, especially one that wasn't working... and even more so when you have to accept you were quite responsible for it breaking down..

Until a person is happy alone and with themselves how can a person ever truly be happy in a relationship? After all, we as people should not place the responsibility of our own happiness on the shoulders of another person... far too much pressure for them... and when and if things don't work out, then the other person is suddenly the whole focus of the happiness..... when in reality, in order for us to truly be happy, it needs to come from inside ourselves :-)

Life is a shipwreck but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats. ~Voltaire
03-06-2013, 09:18 AM
(13-04-2013 08:09 PM)Spartans Wrote:  Hi there, I haven't been on here for ages.

I've found when someone recovers from a traumatic ending of a relationship we either turn inwards or go to the other extreme and look for a new love. We do this on the rebound when not ready. But then you can be in danger of looking too hard for love to get over the pain left behind from our ex's.

When my marriage ended I went through all the tears and bitterness, even going into another relationship too soon afterwards. But now, I feel happy and content being free and single. I have since found new confidence I am meeting more people and having more fun in general.

My feelings are when we are over our broken relationships, we have moved on, it is the right time to find new love as it is safe for us to love. When you are single and happy love will come.

What's your views on this anyone?

When happy with your own life you are attractive to anyone. If your not happy no one wants to be near you. This is why so many waiting to be with a relationship because they are unhappy.
03-06-2013, 09:45 AM
You know I ain't never been happy being single. Guess in my case loves cum when I'm in a relationship. My situation a bit complicated but I have 2 ladies in my life. Won't go into more detail but I'm happy when I'm with the lady of my dreams
03-06-2013, 11:24 AM
Love may come when you throw away the type! and try something different..................that meets your joy and meets the qualities of the person you seek to love you and to love well..........
03-06-2013, 12:28 PM
Strangely love has now come to me when I was quite happy with the single way of life. I found myself attracted to a new work colleague. Tristan Morrell told me this would happen, but I couldn't see it. To cut a long story short we are now going out together, but I am taking things very slowly. I certainly wasn't looking for anyone when this man entered my life.
03-06-2013, 11:35 PM
That's brilliant Spartans... Everyone gets a happy ending eventually... Just not always the one we expect

Life is a shipwreck but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats. ~Voltaire

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Happy Christmas Dream Catcher 10 932 08-08-2017 03:42 PM
Last Post: 80sgoth
  SAYING SORRY- The Language of Love dormammu 0 181 30-06-2017 04:15 PM
Last Post: dormammu
  What’s A Love Psychic Reading? leon 0 511 26-12-2014 10:47 AM
Last Post: leon
  love heartbroken ollieleon 2 581 13-11-2014 11:27 PM
Last Post: Icemaiden
  Happy new year everywun Mr KoolJ 16 2,195 04-01-2014 10:59 AM
Last Post: Ella Hardy
  Not happy about a Crystal Shop DiscoDiva 8 2,295 23-09-2013 10:34 PM
Last Post: DiscoDiva2
  I can't be happy without a relationship...your guidance appreciated Indigo11 6 1,186 12-12-2012 02:28 PM
Last Post: flamered
  Learning to love yourself Dream Catcher 5 869 23-06-2012 10:58 AM
Last Post: Angel Eyes
  Not Happy! EarthAngel 13 1,886 16-05-2012 11:59 AM
Last Post: Sapphire
  In order to love you must fall in love first...with yourself Angel Eyes 5 1,328 27-04-2012 05:13 PM
Last Post: EarthAngel