Thread Rating:
  • 4 Votes - 2.5 Average
pyschics ..no evidence
26-04-2013, 02:33 PM
pyschics ..no evidence
I am a total none believer when it comes to mediums...

Can anyone give good solid evidence to change my mind..

:-)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
27-04-2013, 09:05 AM
RE: pyschics ..no evidence
No!!!
27-04-2013, 12:11 PM
I don't think anybody on here can give you that evidence Chrisw, this forum is mainly about people's experiences with psychic phone readers.
28-04-2013, 11:09 PM
Ok fair enough....what are peoples experiences with psychics
29-04-2013, 09:26 AM (This post was last modified: 29-04-2013 09:28 AM by Missylou.)
(26-04-2013 02:33 PM)chrisw316 Wrote:  I am a total none believer when it comes to mediums...

Can anyone give good solid evidence to change my mind..

:-)

I was also sceptical till I went to see my first medium and was blown away by what she told me. She told me things about my Father, his name (which is an unusual name so cannot be guessed) she knew what work he had done. She even said things the way he said them. She told me that my Dad knew that I had been to the dentist lately and said he was by my side (he knew I was scared of dentists) She told me things about my Grandparents that even I didn't know so I had to check with my Mum and she confirmed everything. She told me things about my Father in law who I had never met and again when I checked with my Mother in law she also confirmed what she said. I did not see another Medium for a few years but went to one recently and again the things she told me was amazing! She knew that my Mum had died recently and she told me what my Mum and I had talked about before she died. Non of this was cold reading as the information was spot on and specific and not just general. Since my Mum died I have seen my Mum twice, and heard her voice calling me and the medium even told me I had seen and heard her. I did not give any information away and just answered yes or no. They both gave family names and one even gave the name of the road I lived on as a child. I now fully believe that we do not die but go on to a better place and that there are people who do have the gift but I also believe that there are a lot of fakes out there.
29-04-2013, 09:31 AM
I visited a fortune telling booth when I was about 16, Southend I think it was! Anyway, she read my palm and what she told me has all come true since. She gave me the Christian name of my future husband, the number of children I would have with their initials, prophesised what I would do career wise in the future. Predicted things about my family, told me I would get divorced, which I did some years ago. Her predictions meant nothing to me then, it is only when looking back.
I've never found telephone readers that I can take seriously. as they are just salespeople.
29-04-2013, 09:40 AM
(29-04-2013 09:31 AM)Spartans Wrote:  I visited a fortune telling booth when I was about 16, Southend I think it was! Anyway, she read my palm and what she told me has all come true since. She gave me the Christian name of my future husband, the number of children I would have with their initials, prophesised what I would do career wise in the future. Predicted things about my family, told me I would get divorced, which I did some years ago. Her predictions meant nothing to me then, it is only when looking back.
I've never found telephone readers that I can take seriously. as they are just salespeople.

I do not see how someone can give you a reading over the phone, even if they are genuine psychics/mediums because they have to be able to get a link with you and from your energy and you can't do that over the phone. I know they say they get a link from your voice but I think its probably a bit hit and miss and a lot of the time they are guessing? I have nothing against them as I suppose they are just trying to make a living and they do not force people to ring. Personally I would not ring one.
29-04-2013, 10:25 AM
spartans i have a friend who did the same as you and visited a fortune teller while he was on a seaside holiday with his then girlfriend (now his ex) after she dragged him in there and persuaded him to sit and have a joint reading with her because she wanted one but didn't really want to get the reading done by herself and he just went in mainly to keep her happy and saw it as a bit of fun...anyway, during a conversation one day he told me what they had both been told by the crystal ball reader and a lot of it was fairly accurate - validations from the past and also predictions and things coming up that he thought nothing of at the time and had completely forgotten about and put to the back of his mind as he didn't and doesn't believe and thinks it's all a load of b*ll**ks. she told him he'd have a new car and what colour it would be, some predictions to do with his job, if they were still together by that coming xmas then they would be together for a long time but she didn't feel strongly about it and said she saw him with a brunette lady at xmas and if he was that she felt this would be the one that would last, as well as some other things which he said have happened over time. there were a few predictions that he doesn't think will happen like him going to work on a farm and i had to smile at this and say actually i know a few people who work on a farm.

perhaps it seems the people who don't really believe in the spiritual / psychic world and just see it as a bit of a laugh and a fun experience are the ones who seem to get the predictions happen?
29-04-2013, 07:31 PM
Hi Chris, i had a similar experience like Spartans about 15 years ago, i did not visit her though, she walked in the shop i was working part - time while studying, she was an irish gypsy who had no money for fags, in return she said she would tell my fortune, i laughed and said i had no money but if you come back tomorrow i'll pay you and you tell my fortune, didn't expect she would turn up but she did, to be honest she looked like a con artist, at the end of my shift we went round the back storage room and she told me that by the end of this year i would have a ring on my finger, my future partner would be in business, live by water, part of big family, to that i went oh! and she said don't worry they've all gone now. Told me i would have a son first, and she saw money and told me to keep doing the lottery, i would be comfortable by 30. Turned out everything she said was true, the lottery has happened yet lol! but i did get some money coming in over the last 5 years, but hey you never know, I think hopeful has a point, it was all abit of a laugh, didn't think too much of it, but never dismissed it totally either, its only when looking back that i now think Wow! She read my palm and looked through a ball. So the future is carved out to some extent, we just fill in the gaps! Missylou, i agree there are some few with a rare gift out there, but mainly fakes and intuition readers.
29-04-2013, 07:57 PM
(29-04-2013 11:51 AM)Amber Gems Wrote:  I am a psychic reader with my own business. Yes ...as you can see people have had readings which have been uncannily accurate for their future.

I love a sceptic ...many a time in my sphere of work I encounter the odd skeptic who tries to catch the reader out ...rather like a cat-and-mouse game. Much of this depends on the reader ...unfortunately in this business there are plenty of con-merchants ...especially now with many of the telephone companies that have sprung up in the last 10/15 years.

However, there are some decent telephone psychics about on Psychic Interactive ...a couple that I have been acquainted with at various events in London. Psychic research has been going on for numerable years ..yet so far it cannot be proved or disproved.

Obviously due to the nature of my work I KNOW it exists. I have witnessed this first hand. There are many things which cannot be explained. This will be a continuous discussion for years to come. I am not a Spiritualist/medium ...I had the opportunity to go down that road but I chose another avenue instead.

I would love to see what your kind of accurate is and compare it to mine lol

I would love to say I love psychics,but id be lying, I hate people who take advantage of peoples hard times and loss.

Amber how about you give me a reading... If your as good as you say it should be easy...?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  strong evidence vs weak evidence chrisw316 29 2,459 10-05-2013 09:44 PM
Last Post: chrisw316
  what's good enough evidence.. chrisw316 9 963 08-05-2013 02:33 PM
Last Post: chrisw316
  Have Scientists Finally Discovered Evidence for Psychic Phenomena? mecheeta 0 1,551 10-02-2012 09:26 AM
Last Post: mecheeta
  Evidence for real psychic gifts post it here. DreamDetective 2 1,212 07-06-2011 07:28 PM
Last Post: Sammy