Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
John Healey on the desk
06-05-2013, 11:53 AM (This post was last modified: 06-05-2013 11:55 AM by Muffins.)
John Healey on the desk
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-05-2013, 11:55 AM
RE: John Healey on the desk
(13-04-2013 11:12 PM)Muffins Wrote:  Has anyone been watching the show recently when John has been working? I like watching John and listening to what he has to say on topics etc.. But recently, I just see him on the screen for a matter of minutes, answering only a few texts, interrupted by presenters to name other psychics available etc., and its simply frustrating.

I used to watch the show more, but find that most of the newer psychics talk a lot of bluff or are simply there to pose - whereas John and the other "old school" psychics have something to come and say, and speak with conviction/experience. Its like the show is trying to sell something other than what its meant to, trying to cater and lure an audience which is not conducive to the product it is meant to be selling.

To be honest, I can't watch the show anymore unless John is working, and have to say that Fran PG is professional and attentive as well, but anytime the newer ones are working - the show goes off.

I was disgusted watching the show on Wednesday when John was working. Has it really come to what I heard on there? Did anyone else see Anna Simone comparing Soul Mates to something so intimate it should never have been mentioned, no mind on day time tv.

(13-04-2013 11:23 PM)Dream Catcher Wrote:  I sent a voice mail in for JH this evening as I was interested in his topic of Pluto Retrograde, the presenter made out that he'd be on the desk for ages answering texts & voicemails but after about 5 he was sent back to the booth. I've set it on record because I can't be bothered waiting around!

(13-04-2013 11:30 PM)Muffins Wrote:  This has been going on for a while Dream Catcher, the only person on that show who can actually pick things up and give you the best idea of what is going on - is not on camera, and we have to listen to absolute waffle from others.

I dont want to give everyone a bad name obviously, but some are horrendous. What's the point in messaging a question e.g. what does somebody mean about XYZ, and to be told by the supposed psychic to stop testing psychics - another great answer from someone supposedly talented who recently joined.

I'm not only annoyed about John, but also having people with less integrity/professionalism/gifted - will give the spiritual and psychic world an even worse image and reputation. The show could damage careers unless it turns things around.

(13-04-2013 11:59 PM)Muffins Wrote:  So John gets a two minute "hello" at the start of the show - answers a few questions before 11, in total 8/9 mins on the desk since 9 o clock - three hours ago!

You know if they wanted someone on the lines, wouldnt it be cheaper for him to work from home? Except I know from my readings that John loves been on the show, he goes on courses, invests time and money into making sure that he gives the best in his readings - and we dont even get to see it now!! What a waste!!!

(14-04-2013 03:52 AM)Dream Catcher Wrote:  I agree completely with everything you say there Muffins, its a disgrace but its again money making tactics, get as many people to send in as many voicemails as possible, so even if he doesn't answer them the money is in the bank.

He is very interesting to watch. Highly intelligent & when he's on it is indeed a psychic show. Thank God I don't watch or get involved very much anymore because it would test the patience of a saint!

(14-04-2013 09:45 AM)flamered Wrote:  
(14-04-2013 03:52 AM)Dream Catcher Wrote:  I agree completely with everything you say there Muffins, its a disgrace but its again money making tactics, get as many people to send in as many voicemails as possible, so even if he doesn't answer them the money is in the bank.

He is very interesting to watch. Highly intelligent & when he's on it is indeed a psychic show. Thank God I don't watch or get involved very much anymore because it would test the patience of a saint!

Yes Muffins they need you to advise on the show!!! I have noticed this and though I do not have readings with John , I do llike to listen to what he has to say as he is thought provoking unlike the majority of others. Yes, the newer ones I have big doubts about more ego or reliance on cards or 'personality' or their 'books' than real earthed talent!
Would never have a reading with Anna Simone as not sure which planet she is on!
Her relationship guidance to the show once was men like you to reflect back on them what you notice about the way they behave!!!!!!!! mmmmmm questionable
I have noticed this is a trend as I like to listen and get readings with Aldo, but he is also more often kept from desk.. and I enjoy Demian and his style of reading. The show's style feels more and more like a 'Chat' magazine format..pretty empty and vacuous..pretty generalised..and alot of mucking about..and as I have mentioned efore I feel very uncomfortable psychics being prompted to praise each other....

(14-04-2013 10:43 AM)Muffins Wrote:  That is true Dream Catcher about the money in the bank aspect - I think people wouldn't mind so much, if they felt that the air-time and question answering was on par with others appearing on the show. But if air time is less than others, only a handful of messages are answered per show. Like you say, when he's on it, the show is what it is says on the tin, so to speak.

And Flamered, am glad you are thinking the same as us too. And yes, thought provoking is another aspect, asking a question, which makes question what you are doing and why you are doing it, as an example - he does make you think - another way to learn to know yourself better and your real motivations.

I feel crap for not mentioning all the good names on there, I dont want people to think that they are been deliberately left out - but I think everyone on here will realise who I may mean if I say the less gifted, like you say Flamered, the reliance on tools with a textbook answer from them.

Oh the advice from Anna Simone - noooo way.... Gosh they really need to be so careful what they give out.

And yes the praising of other psychics, leaves an impression that someone may be really talented etc.. This would be prompted by the production crew I imagine anyway, seeing as they are not allowed to give actual feedback on the show.

Which leads me to something I was thinking about again last night. Having gone to an event where PTV were, and where the crew were personable and friendly, they were all extremely young. If they are assuming the direction of the show and what keeps people interested, what they "believe" at their young age, is very different to what they may "believe" in a few years time. I am sure most on here would agree what they thought about life, the world, at 18, was different at 23, 28, 33, etc etc.. Lifes experiences and encounters, change and mould the way we view things (and also how we operate in the workplace).. If the show is also under the same direction of those that run other brands under the company umbrella, then are the real demographics of the audience been considered? Or is the production crew of the show aiming to the same market for a quick buck, where there is actually a longevity and loyalty available to them if they used the brand of PTV correctly? Just my thoughts/views on this...

(14-04-2013 11:30 AM)Spartans Wrote:  
(14-04-2013 10:43 AM)Muffins Wrote:  That is true Dream Catcher about the money in the bank aspect - I think people wouldn't mind so much, if they felt that the air-time and question answering was on par with others appearing on the show. But if air time is less than others, only a handful of messages are answered per show. Like you say, when he's on it, the show is what it is says on the tin, so to speak.

And Flamered, am glad you are thinking the same as us too. And yes, thought provoking is another aspect, asking a question, which makes question what you are doing and why you are doing it, as an example - he does make you think - another way to learn to know yourself better and your real motivations.

I feel crap for not mentioning all the good names on there, I dont want people to think that they are been deliberately left out - but I think everyone on here will realise who I may mean if I say the less gifted, like you say Flamered, the reliance on tools with a textbook answer from them.

Oh the advice from Anna Simone - noooo way.... Gosh they really need to be so careful what they give out.

And yes the praising of other psychics, leaves an impression that someone may be really talented etc.. This would be prompted by the production crew I imagine anyway, seeing as they are not allowed to give actual feedback on the show.

Which leads me to something I was thinking about again last night. Having gone to an event where PTV were, and where the crew were personable and friendly, they were all extremely young. If they are assuming the direction of the show and what keeps people interested, what they "believe" at their young age, is very different to what they may "believe" in a few years time. I am sure most on here would agree what they thought about life, the world, at 18, was different at 23, 28, 33, etc etc.. Lifes experiences and encounters, change and mould the way we view things (and also how we operate in the workplace).. If the show is also under the same direction of those that run other brands under the company umbrella, then are the real demographics of the audience been considered? Or is the production crew of the show aiming to the same market for a quick buck, where there is actually a longevity and loyalty available to them if they used the brand of PTV correctly? Just my thoughts/views on this...

The show has been descending for at least a couple of years now if not more. It is the old school psychics such as John Healey that are keeping the show propped up now. It doesen't surprise me to hear that the crew and production team are young. Of course we are different people from what we were at 18+. But then I have found that the show has been gradually changing. The psychics themselves are becoming more glamorous and polished, one's such as Alex look as though they have stepped off of a fashion magazine, and the ability of the readers from when the show was in its infancy, has completley deteriorated.

The show has always been a Sky sales channel, but at least in its pioneering days there were some interesting topics, some very good psychics and variety. It is now merely a psychic shopping channel.

(14-04-2013 05:17 PM)Gemini Wrote:  I couldn't agree more with what's been said so far. I think part of the problem is that it's so difficult to get a private reading with John that he's constantly busy and those that manage to get through tend to stay on the line a long time. I tried to get a reading with John on Friday and before his final visit to the desk he'd only taken 4 or 5 calls. I managed to get through less than 20 minutes before the show and as time was limited I told John what I wanted to know about and he was very direct. It was an excellent reading even though it was short. I don't think they should go back to having the express line but maybe they should limit calls for on screen psychics to 30 minutes. That way more people can get readings and there's more chance of getting John between calls to actually go on screen.

(14-04-2013 08:44 PM)Angel Eyes Wrote:  Does anyone know how long it takes to get a reading off him away from PTV. I hear he is even better when he does private readings.
Has anyone managed to get one and was it worth the money? I have manage to stay away from psychic tv readings for quite a while now as I found them so bad and to be honest I don't really need it. But it might be worth having a "good" reading from a respected psychic.

(14-04-2013 09:09 PM)Muffins Wrote:  True Spartans, it is like they all have to be polished now, rather than any of focus on ability (again not including everyone in that) - but if its an attempt to fool the new viewers, then they will just disappear anyway, when they dont get a realistic service - it is the other old-school psychics propping them all up now!!

I've stopped ringing the show now, but he was difficult to get back then. I did fold and have a reading about a month ago, but would so rather speak to him privately - the restrictions on areas of your life which they can and cant talk about, which are important, just makes it so difficult to speak openly and about what you want to!

Also because you can't do mediumship on the lines - my favourite part - I just dont see the point of ringing the studio as much!! I had fantastic mediumship with him before and I just loved it!! I will only speak to him privately now, I've yet to book, because I need to be good due to my personal circumstance, but which or whether, he will be worth the wait. You can probably send an email via his site to see how long the wait might be!!

(15-04-2013 07:25 PM)lynne_b Wrote:  I booked a reading with john in December, i had it last week...so quite a wait...but well worth it

(16-04-2013 09:34 AM)Spartans Wrote:  
(14-04-2013 09:09 PM)Muffins Wrote:  True Spartans, it is like they all have to be polished now, rather than any of focus on ability (again not including everyone in that) - but if its an attempt to fool the new viewers, then they will just disappear anyway, when they dont get a realistic service - it is the other old-school psychics propping them all up now!!

I've stopped ringing the show now, but he was difficult to get back then. I did fold and have a reading about a month ago, but would so rather speak to him privately - the restrictions on areas of your life which they can and cant talk about, which are important, just makes it so difficult to speak openly and about what you want to!

Also because you can't do mediumship on the lines - my favourite part - I just dont see the point of ringing the studio as much!! I had fantastic mediumship with him before and I just loved it!! I will only speak to him privately now, I've yet to book, because I need to be good due to my personal circumstance, but which or whether, he will be worth the wait. You can probably send an email via his site to see how long the wait might be!!

I think looking back when the show first started 9 years ago it was a novelty, to have a show specially devoted to psychics. As it was new, they HAD to have decent psychics of a high calibre. Psychics such as Rosa, Trevor, Imbal and many more were brought in to establish the channel, and it grew, from an hour a day from when it first broadcast to what it is today.

The show was good in those days and it was interesting. I think the appeal was the natural studio and the discussions. When a show becomes successful you often find the producers change the format, in the case of Psychic TV it's not for the better.

The show now has no worthy discussions just sales, and where did they get some of those awful psychics they have on the show now? We only have the old ones such as John, Anne Scholls and Laura left on the team now. As you say, John spends limited time on the desk now answering text messages and VM these days.

And yes, now we can't talk about finance, legal, pregnancy, mediumship which does limit us somewhat. I have stopped watching the show now, I only flick on when there's nothing else to watch. It's impossible to get a reading with John Healey but he does have his own personal website he runs with another psychic called Helen who is very good.

What started out as a good show with something different to offer the public ended up as a shallow sales show on Sky TV with rubbish psychics on board.

(05-05-2013 10:44 PM)Muffins Wrote:  This is a joke. Anna Simone (with her steamer) is on the desk for a third time, Tristian once, and no sight of John. Whats going on? Its happened a few times again, he's never on the desk, it makes no sense whatsoever! Whats the point of having him on the show?

(05-05-2013 10:58 PM)Muffins Wrote:  Thats right wispy, from what I've seen, she doesnt do many calls, just stays on the desk. Do you think they are training her to be a presenter or something? Although shes been there a while! Fortunately no toaster, but that did make me laugh! I think he'd have more integrity than to do anything like that!

(05-05-2013 11:04 PM)Muffins Wrote:  wispy, if you are there, he's been back on the desk, was allowed to say hello to presenter - then they brought Tristian and Anna S back on the tv to answer texts! Joke..absolutely!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  John Healey Snowqueen 64 14,675 28-07-2017 05:04 PM
Last Post: Sueq49
  Is John Healey leaving? Starkey86 1 322 31-05-2017 06:21 AM
Last Post: dormammu
  JOHN HEALEY & HAZEL LEE - LIVE on the Show Tonight dormammu 0 148 27-05-2017 04:00 PM
Last Post: dormammu
  John Healey, email reading and Silva life method White Feather 4 2,517 23-06-2015 12:15 PM
Last Post: Twilight
  John Healey Again White Feather 3 1,781 01-12-2014 09:42 AM
Last Post: PedroDuncan
  John Healey prediction unfolds Sapphire 29 8,468 14-11-2014 02:51 PM
Last Post: browneyes
  Aldo Raffa/John Healey Eridanus 481 103,651 20-07-2014 12:22 AM
Last Post: That Spooky Feeling
  What are the cards john healey uses called Gem_0923 1 895 30-06-2013 04:17 PM
Last Post: Icemaiden
  can anyone explain what john healey meant Gem_0923 9 2,990 13-05-2013 07:00 PM
Last Post: Sidney
  my reading with john healey tonight browneyes 1 1,578 02-02-2013 11:10 AM
Last Post: flamered