Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
strong evidence vs weak evidence
10-05-2013, 12:02 PM
strong evidence vs weak evidence
It seems there are a lot of people on here that have met a fair few psychics in the last few years..some good..some not so good!

Of the good ones, it seems that the same old statements crop up from the sitter when they talk about the reading.."How did they know this name" or "they couldn't have known this"

On face value it does sound amazing that a person can just pull names from "the spirit zone" or "psychic energy" or what ever they want to call it.

Why are pull so willing to be lead down the garden path so easily?

Let's look at a few things..

Contacting a psychic.
For the most part I think we would all agree that when contacting a psychic your not going to know them personally, so they should be a total stranger.
Question: do you trust a total stranger on first meeting ? I would hope not.

When having a reading, are you listening? What mean by that is really listening ..ill explain.
All psychics throw names out like its a kids game of guess who, if they don't get a 'hit' then they will try another name or letter..
Question: does this not seem odd?

Why is it that psychics all talk in vague and very basic terms!?..

I think what I'm trying to get at is do people have the guts to start asking questions while being part of one of these readings!?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-05-2013, 03:06 PM
RE: strong evidence vs weak evidence
I’ve been reading this forum for a while now and I’m so annoyed by all the posts in recent days, I decided to post. I dont know why anyone is feeding this man with responses, he just isn’t worth the effort and is wasting everyones energy. Hes a bored person, spending his time online throwing abuse around and nothing helpful whatsoever.
Chris made a good point on one thread about babysitters and would you just hire anyone to look after your kids. Above he says how you shouldn’t trust someone on first meeting them, another good point.
So what about people who go into relationships, trusting their partner, then the same partner brings upset/unrest into the home for some reason? Affecting the children too! It happens!
Chris seems to want to blame psychics for the woes of the world, rather than accept that people from all walks of life cause issues. He isn’t prepared to listen to anyone, because the enclyclopedia that he is, knows everything. I dont know why he is bothering writing here, surely he has something better to offer other sites... He’s sooo clever!
Why are you still feeding him, he is thoroughly bored here, nothing could satisfy his appetite????
10-05-2013, 03:08 PM
How would you know all psychic's are vague, seeing you've never had a reading? oh wait its someone else's opinion again.
10-05-2013, 03:20 PM
Yes that's so true, all is other people's opinion but he doesn't care cos it suits him!!!
10-05-2013, 03:27 PM
Lynb .. I have had a reading of sorts from forum member Eleanor.. Which failed with epic force!

Knowingme.. Glad to have you on board .. Before we start can ask.. Do you believe in psychic powers ? By that I mean paranormal powers..

Your answer will determin how see you from now on.. Ie logical or irational
10-05-2013, 03:30 PM
Good post knowingme Smile
10-05-2013, 03:31 PM (This post was last modified: 10-05-2013 03:32 PM by Knowingme.)
What are you now, the welcoming committee? Are you going to initiate me in too? Why don't you tell me what you think of the points I raised, obviously I used your examples to start, lets see how I determine your state of mind?
10-05-2013, 03:33 PM
How does something fail with epic force ???? Hahaha u absolute moron.
You are a prised idiot. Of biblical proportions.

Damn I'm acknowledging your existence again !!!
Damn

Smile
10-05-2013, 03:38 PM
Knowingme..

Yes your right there are good and bad people around..there is nothing paranormal in two people having a relationship and then not getting on and things going wrong..

Talking to a stranger that claims there psychic and trusting that person is a totally different matter! Do you not see that..?

Z14.. Hello.. Smile
10-05-2013, 03:43 PM (This post was last modified: 10-05-2013 03:44 PM by Knowingme.)
It may not b paranormal, but it's based on trust- saying that a person is one thing, then finding out otherwise is worse, especially if it affects others.

The psychic industry is an industry like any other, there are good, bad and mediocre. We trust who we pay for whatever service based on what we need, want and are willing to pay for. What we do after that is our own business, as was the reason that we had for needing to employ someone for whatever we wanted.

Do you not see that?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  HOROSCOPES: Concentrate on your strong points this week, Gemini mecheeta 0 308 07-06-2020 09:29 AM
Last Post: mecheeta
  How a one million strong tribe keep their dead relatives at home Mediums Now 0 528 22-02-2019 01:13 PM
Last Post: Mediums Now
  what's good enough evidence.. chrisw316 9 2,406 08-05-2013 02:33 PM
Last Post: chrisw316
  pyschics ..no evidence chrisw316 16 5,164 01-05-2013 11:23 AM
Last Post: chrisw316
  Have Scientists Finally Discovered Evidence for Psychic Phenomena? mecheeta 0 2,226 10-02-2012 09:26 AM
Last Post: mecheeta
  Evidence for real psychic gifts post it here. DreamDetective 2 1,943 07-06-2011 07:28 PM
Last Post: Sammy