Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Whats Going On?
22-05-2013, 07:07 PM
Whats Going On?
I am new on here. I've been reading the posts on here with interest. I am not a great believer in psychics but at the same time I don't rule them out either. It an area of the unknown so I'm not in a position to disbelieve that there are the real McCoy somewhere.
The problem is readings and psychics have lost their meaning now? I think there's always been an intrigue to visit the fortune teller on the seafront or go to a Psychic Fair as an occasional treat... It has never been anything anyone has taken seriously in the past, it's a treat and a laugh to visit Madam Eva on Margate pier, yes, entertainment you take with a pinch of salt.
But now everything has got seriously out of control where people are actually taking things for gospel truth what the psychics say, I have had the occasional reading about once a year, but in no way would I literally take their advice over everything.
Where has everybodies own judgement and freewill dissapeared to? We have to make our own judgements in life, it's called our strength of character. I never realised how seriously people take all of this and base all their life decisions on what the psychic says.

Think before you pick up the phone the ££££!!! you'll be worse off! Tongue
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
22-05-2013, 11:50 PM
RE: Whats Going On?
I don't think people actually set out to base their decisions on what psychics say. I think it's more a case of needing guidance and re-assurance.

But it's totally fair what you say. I think we do need to trust our own judgement more.
23-05-2013, 10:15 AM
I don't think it starts off with people basing their decisions on what a psychic says, but obviously many people now don't believe in themselves or the decisions they make. And in some cases when people are down and think they are at the end of their world, a psychic can bring that person a ray of hope even if it is something they want to hear. Because that person may be feeling suicidal they need to be reassured at the time.

z14, you say people use psychics for guidance? If this is the case then why do they need to continually ring a psychic? If they keep returning then obviously the guidance wasn't much good in the first place

23-05-2013, 10:36 AM
I agree with you again Dolly.
When predictions don't happen (within the time frame given), you end up re-calling that same psychic. Based on the strength of that psychics validations.

I have had readings where the psychic has literally left me gobsmacked with validations. Names, initials, star signs etc. Things you cannot possibly give away or guess from a cold reading. When the prediction did not happen on the date given, my first reaction was to call this "amazing" psychic to see why things didn't happen and what if anything has changed. I haven't necessarily done this but the temptation is there. So I can see why people return for a follow up call.

I think if the psychic isn't from the nationl phone lines and is someone you have had a private reading with, that they should speak to you (if a predictions does not happen) for free. But I guess that is a discussion for another time.

I do agree with everything you say. We really need to believe in ourselves a little more. Trust our own judgement as you have said.
23-05-2013, 11:00 AM
This is where I feel ringing the national phone lines has become obsessional. I'm not saying there are not good psychics around who leave you gobsmacked, but really they are designed to be used sparingly. If you have been predicted something then leave it be and wait and see what happens?

I notice timing seems to be an issue here which raises some concern? I would not have thought it possible to pin point time? The whole thing is ridiculous.

Also this is loosing the charm of what visiting a psychic was all about? Probably this is to do with Nation Telephone Sales who have brought the industry down. Life is hard at times, it is awful if you are recovering from a broken heart, but ringing a psychic won't bring that person back in your life, I think acceptance is something which is needed instead of hanging on.

23-05-2013, 12:07 PM
Again I could not agree with you more. Well said.
23-05-2013, 12:34 PM (This post was last modified: 23-05-2013 12:55 PM by Dancing Dolly.)
Bubbles of Fun, When I was a teenager I used to have my palms read at the seaside, it is part of the intrigue. But I certainly didn't take anything seriously. I understand that people of all ages are curious when it comes to looking for a relationship, and this is fine to have a reading.

The point I'm trying to make is why do people need readings again and again? It hasn't much to do with New Age Beliefs, it's more to do with the media and TV. Psychics will take the money but the client must at least take some of the blame for being too believing?

23-05-2013, 04:51 PM
just something totally off topic and i could be totally wrong, but i think chris316, famous cash and dancing dolly are all one individual with different alias. its not wrong or anything, its just amusing to see the person reply to one of their own posts via different names. haha. i could be wrong though
(23-05-2013 12:34 PM)Dancing Dolly Wrote:  Bubbles of Fun, When I was a teenager I used to have my palms read at the seaside, it is part of the intrigue. But I certainly didn't take anything seriously. I understand that people of all ages are curious when it comes to looking for a relationship, and this is fine to have a reading.

The point I'm trying to make is why do people need readings again and again? It hasn't much to do with New Age Beliefs, it's more to do with the media and TV. Psychics will take the money but the client must at least take some of the blame for being too believing?

When you realize how perfect everything is you will tilt your head and laugh at the sky - Buddha.
23-05-2013, 05:26 PM
Wouldn't surprise me as i don't think anyone who is not looking for their next "fix" would have found this forum
23-05-2013, 05:52 PM
Hmmm. Dancing dolly appears as though she is not 100% against psychics. Where as Chris is very emotional on this matter. I doubt he would say "I will not rule them (psychics) out" as someone else. Based on his principals.

Then again... He is such a loser it wouldn't surprise me.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Whats your passion in life? danitalia 14 4,150 03-11-2015 04:28 PM
Last Post: Alice Cooper