Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Presenters
10-04-2011, 08:28 PM
Presenters
I am curious to know from you guys..what you look for in a presenter..what makes a good presenter of the show and if you were interviewing prospective presenters what would you be asking them? and what kind of back ground or experience would you look for in their CV? Are there any tasks you would set them?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-04-2011, 11:09 AM
RE: Presenters
As for me the role of the presenter seems complex..a bridge between the commercial aspect and the voices of the psychics..so what can be done better to improve this sometimes awkward bridge?
Also PTV must have a wide audience..so it would seem that they choose someone understandably to be approachable..to many..but where does this approachability then clash with not having enough knowledge /intelligence around the psychic/spiritual realm to be able to really hold a conversation with some of the psychics..as sometimes I find it cringe worthy. Then there is the issue of what is a suitable amount of bringing it back to your self..which shows empathy and understanding to the other extreme whereby it seems to be about them..forgetting they are on TV!!!

For me the qualities of natural, friendly, open curiosity, with a depth and inteligence mixed with an awareness of 'running a tight ship' for texts etc..and a real sense of empathy and human humour and sensitvity..to the more responsible questions..seem to be key..to the flow and quality of the show..that and a voice that can be listened to for a long time!!!!!!!!
Just interested in what you think..as for me some of the presenters are a sticking point and make me turn off..so am interested genrally what would help to improve this...
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Psychic Tv Presenters - who do you like and not like lizcancer girl 32 9,302 25-06-2016 03:30 PM
Last Post: That Spooky Feeling
  Psychic Today doesnt really need presenters.. does it? danitalia 23 8,243 06-06-2016 04:30 PM
Last Post: That Spooky Feeling
  Presenters Fortune 45 6,996 17-06-2013 07:23 PM
Last Post: Icemaiden