Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Texting into the studio.....
10-04-2011, 09:05 PM (This post was last modified: 10-04-2011 09:07 PM by Blair.)
Texting into the studio.....
Hi All,

Has anyone tried texting into the studio, did you get through or did you get a mystic text instead?

I texted the word MYSTIC, followed by my question this evening to PF as this is what they have told us to do.

Thought I would give it a try as I haven't texted in for a good while. ( Lost faith in the text service)

I had a message come back to me warning of the cost of the message, and then my message came through from an off screen reader. ( well I think it was anyway)

So, here we go again... Why wasn't my text read out on screen after following their specific instructions?

I've noticed that some viewers include the word TV in their texts, but PF have stated on numerous occasions that we only need to put the word MYSTIC for our texts to be read out on TV.

Also, the mesaage could have been for anyone and didn't really mean anything to me as it was too generic.......

Has anyone had any luck with texting into the show?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-04-2011, 09:58 AM
RE: Texting into the studio.....
Hi Blair,

I text the show last week, the text warning about the cost came through, and then a text to say it will be on screen just before it came up. It was early in the evening, so got answered quite quickly.

I have had a reply back to my phone from Pippa, she's been with them from the beginning of p&s, and the reply was for me, not just anyone. Not sure who does them when she's not working.Confused

They don't seem to rattle through the texts as PI do, quite a lot of chat between them, so not many actually get answered on the screen. Was watching last week, and a few came on the screen, but didn't get read out as Chris was waffling on about something or other. Wonder if they got a reading back to their phone?
11-04-2011, 08:06 PM
Sent in a text this morning for Jane around 11.15am and got a reply back to my phone @ 7.10pm ~ do you think 8 hours to wait for a reply is a record?
11-04-2011, 09:02 PM
(11-04-2011 08:06 PM)crystal778 Wrote:  Sent in a text this morning for Jane around 11.15am and got a reply back to my phone @ 7.10pm ~ do you think 8 hours to wait for a reply is a record?

Hi Crystal778,

8 hours for a response? Thats not good. They are supposed to be moving forward with these shows. Undecided

I haven't bothered to text in again as I'm not prepared to pay for a service that cannot be delivered.

Its such ashame, as they have planned for this show for a long time and should be aware of the do's and don'ts.
12-04-2011, 07:53 AM
Have you seen the new format in the morning yet? I was able to watch for a couple hours yesterday, but wasn't impressed at all.

Chatting about things, great, but to me, it was all over the place. I was hoping for it to be educational, but it was a little bit of this and a little bit of that. I was hoping to hear more about the ribbons yesterday, even recorded the show when I went out, but nothing. Maybe it will get better in time, but as you say, they seem to have taken their time with it, I was expecting better.

Oh almost forgot, a text from a 13yr old got through to the screen in the early show yesterday. Dodgy Whoever is monitoring the texts should be more careful, or they'll get fined by ofcom
12-04-2011, 08:09 PM
(12-04-2011 07:53 AM)crystal778 Wrote:  Have you seen the new format in the morning yet? I was able to watch for a couple hours yesterday, but wasn't impressed at all.

Chatting about things, great, but to me, it was all over the place. I was hoping for it to be educational, but it was a little bit of this and a little bit of that. I was hoping to hear more about the ribbons yesterday, even recorded the show when I went out, but nothing. Maybe it will get better in time, but as you say, they seem to have taken their time with it, I was expecting better.

Oh almost forgot, a text from a 13yr old got through to the screen in the early show yesterday. Dodgy Whoever is monitoring the texts should be more careful, or they'll get fined by ofcom

Yes I did see the new format yesterday. Interesting, not sure on what I think of it yet but agree that the chatting was abit all over the place.

It came across to me as if it was all about the presenter.... He really wanted to control the show.....

Anyway, I'm sure they know what they are doing...Confused

But the 13yr old, thats irresponsible how could they let that happen?
13-04-2011, 08:04 AM
I did this, and i have to say that even though i tend to be very positive about most things, i was a little disappointed with the response time too - it took me 6 hours to get anything!

Perhaps they'll smarten their act up a little when they get some of the feedback people will no doubt have felt obliged to leave.

Oh, and i agree with you about the 13 year old - that's just a big no
14-04-2011, 03:58 PM
Did anyone see the show last night or text in?

They kept asking people to text in as they said that they had adequate time for more texts.

It was kind of weird as there wasn't really that many texts being sent in.
15-04-2011, 07:52 AM
Watched last night {Thurs}

New lady Laura was on towards the end of the evening, and she was moving through the texts quite quickly, and giving alot of information too.

Rob was on also, he was making a point of saying that they get alot of texts, and not all of them could be read on screen.

I would imagine it depends on who's in as to how many texts get sent in, also who is on the production team, checking texts etc. It does seem to run more smoothly and more texts done on certain nights. Maybe that's when the A team is in Wink
17-04-2011, 04:06 PM
I think people have been seriously put off sending text messages in and it will take a while to build that trust to be honest. No-one wants to waste their time and money do they? Unless of course they've got loads of it Smile