Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 3 Average
From a Guys Angle
04-06-2013, 01:21 AM
From a Guys Angle
Hi all of you. I guess I'm a minority wun of the guys on here as seems to be many females on here. Wanted to give you lovely ladies a tip from how most guys view the way you handle things. A guy gets really freaked out when a lady is clingy an texting all the time. In my personal experience most guys break up cos of possessive behaviour, believe it or not sleeping with your guys best buddy wont put him off, fact is it will make him angry and want you more. Guess not all guys feel that way but most do including the guys I hang out with. Just a tip from a mans viewpoint.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-06-2013, 09:48 AM
RE: From a Guys Angle
You know Bubbly you got the situation just right with us guys. You ladies out there take it from me; most guys HATE clingy possessive ladies, specially when they keep saying how much they love you, an another turn off is when a ladies always there for a guy. But clingy ladies that tex an tex is a NO NO. Sorry you ladies that tex your guy but don't do it. Bubbly is smart and knows the score. I can tell you that if a guy is really interested you won't keep him at bay. If he ain't replying to you and you ain't heard from him, he's finding his oats elsewhere.
04-06-2013, 10:38 AM (This post was last modified: 04-06-2013 10:48 AM by Mr KoolJ.)
You got it right Bubbly. Us guys are funny Ha Ha things. Our priority a are so the opposite to your ladies. Bubbly hits the nail on the head when she says get your own independence and do other things. I tell you it's real scary when a lady won't let go. If a guy tells you that you can do better, then hey ho that's the classic brush off line. We guys are conceited shallow dudes, we never think that way. What is a turn on to a man is when a lady is real cool and laid back, and sorry to tell you loyal ladies but when a lady flirts with other guys and shows selfishness and a real bitch, then WOW that will keep a guy on his toes.
04-06-2013, 12:18 PM
Another thing forgot to mention ladies, beware if your guy says he's not interested in a girl that's been flirting around with him. He may say he don't find her attractive but beware, next thing you know he's run off with her sorry you ladies out there. Just tryin to make you wiser to what makes most normal guys tick. Bubbly you sound a really cool lady with your head screwed on???
04-06-2013, 04:58 PM
Mr KoolJ you sound like a bit of a player to me? Maybe I'm wrong not sure. Although you probably unintentionally came across as arrogant I do make sense of everything you say from what I have experienced with men.

You are quite right, clinging on to a man I know is a real turn off, I know, because I have been guilty of doing all the wrong things myself. I also know that if a man is genuinely interested he will fast and furiously come to you, in fact when a man does fall for a woman they love nothing can hold them back.

One of my ex's constantly criticised a lady who was all over him. Next thing I knew behind my back my ex had an affair with her, so I laughed at that remark of yours KJ because it is so true. I suppose not all men are like that, but the ones I seem to be attracted to go by that code of rules, even ones that appear quite humble at first.

Think before you pick up the phone the ££££!!! you'll be worse off! Tongue
04-06-2013, 06:21 PM
Players are the men who don't answer texts, who play the woman by being interested one minute, showing no interest the next..... its all games and second guessing... fun for a while, but gets boring pretty quick.. men like this are great for a laugh, for a bit of fun but are not boyfriend material, and certainly not long term boyfriend material.

Men who genuinely like the other person will text or phone when they say they will..... often sending sweet texts, or funny texts or asking about your day...... I get a wee bit freaked if a guy does this all the time or becomes clingy, in the same way men get freaked with clingy women..... men who like the woman they are with make the effort.... and if men want a relationship with the woman, they will make an extra effort....

I kinda think there needs to be a balance... no woman or man likes or wants someone who comes across as clingy or needy.. but at the same time, both women and men need to feel wanted by the person they are with.... if men and women stopped playing so many games with each other and communicated, relationships and dating would be so much easier for both... the woman wouldn't need to text all the time because she would know how the man felt... or vice versa as men can be just as clingy..... communication is the key, and also fun... I mean I once dated someone who wanted to analyse our relationship every other day.... totally freaked the hell out of me and it didn't last long.... at the same time, a guy who really did like me, and who I liked played so many games I lost interest and moved on, and only afterwards was able to tell me .... well actually... it was far too late by then....

Communication, allowing things to go with the flow, enjoying the dating and waiting for texts.. thats all part of the enjoyment of the first stages of a potential relationship :-)

Life is a shipwreck but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats. ~Voltaire
04-06-2013, 07:54 PM
I think men play mind games? I've noticed that the more horrible I am to a guy the more interested they become.Yet, if I fall for a guy big time, that's when he usually backs off.Sometimes I don't know how to act when I get too serious.Ive lost potential relationships in the past for being too cool.I know guys like the chase, but you need to surrender at some point surely?
04-06-2013, 08:01 PM
To be fair, I think both men and women are equally guilty of playing games. Ask a man and he will retell stories of ex love interests who played games... same with women.....

I guess the sign of a good thing is when both people know they want to be together.....

If a man or woman genuinely likes someone and wants to be with them, the whole dating dance that goes on at the beginning will turn into a budding relationship and will grow and evolve.... if so many months or years down the line the dating dance is still going, then it's a cause for concern.

And the age old treat them mean to keep them keen is such a true saying... the more games a person plays, the more we appear to want them... but then we get the thing we think we want only to realise half the time that now we have them, we don't really want them....

God relationships are just so damn complicated, even the non serious ones LOL

04-06-2013, 11:23 PM
I'm no player Icemaen just an ordinary guy who needs to be in a balanced relationship where the simple old things like friendship, fun and balanced communication play a major part. Sure, I like to go out with the boys like most guys do, but the trouble is most women after a few dates expect commitment. I like to text an joke about but when a lady starts to get too clingy that's when the alarm bells start to kick in. I think it's cool for a woman to do her own thing as it gives the relationship chance to breathe. You know. Sound like a pretty smart woman who knows what makes us guys tick. Right there; if a guys interested he will more than make the effort. In fact when a guy wants a particular lady real bad he will go OTT to get her. Women are the ones who play mind games, but I guess us guys would rather have a savvy lady than a needy wanting woman who keeps calling or texting all time.
04-06-2013, 11:45 PM
it's the age old... men accuse women of playing mind games, women accuse men of it, and neither sex will admit that actually, both men and women are equally capable and equally guilty of playing them LOL

You are right about balance being the key... but.. if one person in the whole dating dance or relationship is keeping their cards very close to their chest, the other ends up feeling very insecure and then may come across as being needy or clingy when in actual fact, the other person has simply been sending a lot of mixed signals, and the person only wants a straight answer...

I will openly admit I like the whole fun of playing games at the start... the dating dance for me needs to have a wee bit of spark to it.... so I know first hand I have been very guilty of sending mixed signals.. at the same time, I have also been on the receiving end of it...

But.. and this is a big but... in my experience men want a woman to be a bit needy.. or to need them.... they need the reassurance, sometimes more than the woman does.... many men claim they want an independent woman who knows her own mind and has her own interests and friends outside of the dating and relationship... who doesn't sit waiting for their texts, doesn't need or want to know what they are doing 24 hours of the day..... and when they get it, they are hell bent on attempting to turn the woman into the one thing they claim not to want? And I know this doesn't go for all men.....

Men say they want women to understand them... but the truth is, women are never going to understand men and men are not going to understand women..... I mean it doesn't matter how much you *got and understood* an ex, the next person is going to be different... trying to understand men is like walking into a mine field with a blind fold on and being asked to step over all the mines... its impossible... and men will say the same about women?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Hello guys TheSeekersLighthouse 0 85 17-11-2018 07:09 PM
Last Post: TheSeekersLighthouse
  Hi Guys Spooky Steve 181 25,753 19-06-2015 09:24 PM
Last Post: yourexiscomingbackhonest
  Goodbye Guys Enrico 4 786 02-04-2015 06:06 PM
Last Post: pollypocket
  Any suggestions guys? Cruelladeville 17 2,649 18-12-2014 10:36 PM