Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
I have asked this question before ..
07-06-2013, 01:54 AM
I have asked this question before ..
But never got an answer..

But ill ask it again because its an important question..

Why do psychics not see a doctor first before claiming to be psychic?

If a person 'seeing' 'hearing' 'feeling' things that they think is out of the ordinary does not see a doctor first is surly jumping to a massive assumption that there psychic!

Can anyone shed any light on this?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-06-2013, 01:27 PM
RE: I have asked this question before ..
I don't know about anyone else but I am becoming mighty concerned about the flippant regard or implication of mental illness....... mainly because it belittles those people who really suffer with mental illness, and is now coming across (and not just by you Chris) as something used to point score or to perhaps be hurtful to others.....

People who suffer with real mental illness are subjected to so much stigma because of it.... being so flippant about it is showing a complete lack of understanding and respect.. not only to those who suffer with it, but for yourselves.....

I think people didn't answer Chris because people may be finding the whole flippant way this is being used or the whole point scoring way in very poor taste.... by all means argue your skeptic views, but to you and others being so flippant about mental health issues, mental health should never be used to score points....... that's not exactly any level of discussion other than gutter :-)

Life is a shipwreck but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats. ~Voltaire
07-06-2013, 02:32 PM (This post was last modified: 07-06-2013 02:33 PM by Dream Catcher.)
(07-06-2013 01:27 PM)Icemaiden Wrote:  I don't know about anyone else but I am becoming mighty concerned about the flippant regard or implication of mental illness....... mainly because it belittles those people who really suffer with mental illness, and is now coming across (and not just by you Chris) as something used to point score or to perhaps be hurtful to others.....

People who suffer with real mental illness are subjected to so much stigma because of it.... being so flippant about it is showing a complete lack of understanding and respect.. not only to those who suffer with it, but for yourselves.....

I think people didn't answer Chris because people may be finding the whole flippant way this is being used or the whole point scoring way in very poor taste.... by all means argue your skeptic views, but to you and others being so flippant about mental health issues, mental health should never be used to score points....... that's not exactly any level of discussion other than gutter :-)

Thank you Icemaiden. As you already know my cousion has Schizophrenia & although she is getting better, the stigma of it is very difficult for her to live with, she also has episodes of severe paronia(wrong spelling I think but you know what I mean) which affects everything. My other cusion died by suicide because he was manic depressive & there is a trace of mental illness in all the rest of her family too. So, Chris & who ever else seems to treat mental illness so flippantly, please think again. My cousion is the same age as me & most days she struggles to get out of bed but she does- & NO she doesn't claim to be psychic but she is more sensitive than most.Exclamation
07-06-2013, 03:32 PM
This is exactly the problem with some on this forum .. They fail to answer a simple question!

Ill try an example instead..

Let's say a friend comes to you and says "I'm hearing voices..feeling and seeing things that don't seem normal"!
What would you say to that friend?
Would you advise seeing a doctor or would you jump to the conclusion there psychic!?

Inot being flippant about mental illness at all .. That is just a way of avoiding my question thing ..

Highlander.. Are you trying to say your a doctor??
If so are you a GP? If yes have you ever said to someone who came to see you suffering from visions,hearing things or feeling different that they could be psychic? I hope not lol!

Oh highlander..didn't ment to hurt your feelings about the triple post ..guess you were just keen to post Wink .. If you look through my posts ..you may find a few more spelling mistakes.. Go on take a look.. Smile

I tell you where I think the problem is.. I think that 80%+ of all psychics are in it for the money, its an easy way to earn cash from people who are having problems! The other 20% or so are in it for the attention because there lives are not full enough and they like the fact that some people think they are talented at something! That's just a personal opinion.
07-06-2013, 04:50 PM
Actually... most of your questions get answered... the implication of mental illness however is one that is a bit gutter level... but one that appears to be used as a point scoring exercise, or a way of insulting (and you are not alone in using mental illness, another member also uses it just as flippantly)....

Again, not avoidance its just gutter level discussion and not really worthy of an answer... when you seek to belittle others there is no discussion to be had :-)

07-06-2013, 05:08 PM
Ok .. Taking away the posiblity of mental illness.. Only really leaves out right lies being told to people ..

The whole thought of people being 'psychic' is so far fetched that you would have more chance of seeing two suns in the sky every morning ..
07-06-2013, 05:29 PM
In your opinion Chris.... and as many people have said to you, you have a right to your opinion, just don't expect everyone to agree with you, or suddenly be converted to your way.... unless you have suddenly had some epiphany and think you are *God*... oh wait.... that would come under all things paranormal I believe.... ;-) he he he

07-06-2013, 05:37 PM
Your right to assume I don't believe in god.. That's nonsense !

You see the difference between my opinion and yours is that you charge money for what you claim is the truth.. I don't !
07-06-2013, 05:42 PM (This post was last modified: 07-06-2013 05:42 PM by Icemaiden.)
But I don't charge money for what I claim to be the truth Chris..... I charge for my time....... I know this is a really hard concept for you to get your head around.... but I can't afford to do all of my work for free every day.... I do a lot of things for free but not all.... and you keep jumping to this conclusion that all my work is readings despite being corrected.... readings count for a tiny percentage of the over all money I earn.... as I have told you I am an alternative therapist... I also make a lot of hand crafted bits and pieces to sell... I make very little money from readings, and I don't make a huge amount from the alternative healing either... so if you are going to try and attack me, at least be accurate when you do it... other wise you look a bit of a tit :-)

07-06-2013, 05:52 PM
I'm not attacking you at all .. I'm questioning your claims..

I have no problem with you making stuff to sell..that to me is honest work.. My problem is with you claiming paranormal or psychic abilities.. And charging.. Even if its a small amount !

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Boris Johnson asked a psychic who would win the election. It didn’t end well. dormammu 1 1,066 10-06-2017 04:11 PM
Last Post: Spartans
  We asked Las Vegas psychics what the future will bring in 2017 — VIDEO psychicdoglover 0 1,094 18-01-2017 07:34 AM
Last Post: psychicdoglover
  Witches' marks: public asked to seek ancient scratchings in buildings drstrange 0 1,148 31-10-2016 09:43 AM
Last Post: drstrange
  MK Reader Question miserable 13 6,209 21-11-2015 09:58 AM
Last Post: lilone
  A question iamacolincookfan 6 2,139 04-10-2014 01:11 PM
Last Post: iamacolincookfan
  Question miserable 16 3,983 26-05-2014 07:19 PM
Last Post: miserable
  Tarot question Gilly 6 2,603 16-03-2014 06:58 PM
Last Post: Gilly
Sad A question for the more rational on the forum! chrisw316 22 6,216 07-05-2013 08:47 PM
Last Post: lolly