Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Too Much Back Stabbing on this Forum
14-06-2013, 09:05 AM
Thumbs Up Too Much Back Stabbing on this Forum
One of the reasons I do not come on this forum often is because it never changes? I like a good discussion but I have noticed here just recently members ganging up on others because something is said that is disagreed with?

If your face fits your ok on here. Even more so if you have lots and lots of readings by phone psychics? It's considered quite unsociable if you don't have readings or make any comment as to why people are having these and spending a fortune?

I've been addicted to readings in the past and can assure you I got no sympathy from my friends and family. In fact they made me feel ashamed for wasting money which could have been put to better use. Just recently on this forum the main topic of discussion has been another members series of text messages between a lover.

Be nice for once if we could have something a little more interesting?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
14-06-2013, 10:27 AM (This post was last modified: 14-06-2013 10:29 AM by chrisw316.)
RE: Too Much Back Stabbing on this Forum
I've also noticed this..

There are a fair few 'psychics' on here that like to back each other up when people such as myself start asking questions.. That's fine.

What i find cringe worthy is the fans of these 'psychics' kissing there arses, nodding and wagging there tails to get a pat on the head!

There is no way that anyone can tell me that charging £1.50+ per minute to talk to a stranger claiming to have paranormal abilities is a good deal.

'Psychics' use all manner of ways to get there information from you, this includes good old fashioned guess work! WAKE UP people! Stop living in this fantasy land and get a hold of your problems and deal with them!

I would have no problem at all with 'psychics' if they kept what they did to themselves ..as long as they are around there will be people like me around!
14-06-2013, 04:32 PM (This post was last modified: 14-06-2013 04:35 PM by Icemaiden.)
I touched on this on another post so some of this will be a repeat.... but....

Would anyone go to a party in a house they had never been before, with a group of people they didn't know, and within a few minutes of being there decide to insult everyone, put everyone down, be at times nasty to the group of people there??? If everyone is honest the answer to this would be no.

Now, lets look at this forum... yes there are members here that regularly post and have been members for a long time... members who do welcome new people to the forum... however, should these members be expected to put up with at times quite uncalled for personal attacks in a new persons posts, with at times their first posts????

Behind the font is a real person.... and recently someone has said "this is a free forum and I can say what I like"... well actually no... you can't think that you can be really brave behind the computer and put others down, because even on the net that is considered bad social behaviour, you can't join a forum and within the first few minutes insult the regulars...

Then we look at this slightly differently....

Would anyone go into a pub and when a person they don't really know says something they don't like, race over and insult them?? Well of course not, the chances are the other person would give them a smack or they would be asked to leave the pub because they are trying to cause trouble... and here lies the BIGGEST problem.... some people have joined to put others down in order to make themselves feel better.... some people openly lie from post to post while doing this and think that removing the posts will mean people will forget they lie.... some people say the most nastiest of things to others, even diagnosing mental illness and repeating this on as many posts as possible.. which is done as an act of nastiness, because it is done to hurt the other person. Well actually, if a person has chosen to join and behave in that way, they really can't then wonder why they are perhaps not made as welcome as others.. or wonder why people react negatively to them. It's not about a face fitting, its about the attitude and behaviour of some people when they join

The internet does not mean all forms of socially acceptable behaviour goes out of the window.... it doesn't mean free to insult everyone and say what a person wants in a derogatory manner

So no, this forum isn't full of a cliquey bunch of backstabbers who dislike new members and gang up on people.... its full of people that don't like it when people choose to be nasty.... and lets face it.. is there actually a need to be so nasty when putting a point across? I was a new member once and I was made very welcome by everyone..... Muffins was a new member once.... Dream catcher was a new member once.. Flamered was a new member once.... and the reason we are not at each others throats is because actually, we speak to each other respectfully even when we don't agree.. we discuss we don't condemn, we respect the views we don't agree with, and try and discuss rationally with people..... but actually... are we all expected to stand back and be insulted by new members?

Having an opinion is one thing, and all opinions are welcome here and have always been welcome here...... joining with the sole purpose of putting everyone down who doesn't agree with you is really un necessary, and is the biggest reason why some new members find they are constantly arguing with members........ its not because they are new, not because the regular posters are a clique.. its because of the new members attitude and what they choose to say.

No one is perfect, everyone has off days..... I don't think there is a member on here who can say they haven't taken something the wrong way or been a bit shorter than usual with something they had no need to be so short over.... but .. no one here is a clique, no one gangs up on anyone..... but if we see someone being nasty when it is not needed, people will speak up and say so... the internet does not mean the loss of appropriate social behaviour... and I am very sure a lot of people who choose to insult people would not be so brave to a persons face....

Life is a shipwreck but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats. ~Voltaire
14-06-2013, 04:56 PM
It is a clique. I have said things referring to this subject on another thread so I won't go into much more of this. It's a question of if or not comments are approved? There are two sets of rules on here. The goodies and the baddies. The goodies are the people that regularly have readings and agree with the discussions and get themselves in debt? The baddies however are the ones who slate psychics and become too opinionated.

An example is shown on another thread that some people (if approved) can get away with saying what they like.
14-06-2013, 05:00 PM
Not really no....the thread you are referring to is one where a member has openly insulted other members since joining (sadly said member has removed all of those posts).. at some point, people kind of have enough (if that makes sense)

Sadly, when valid reasons are pointed out, people do not want to look at their own behaviour and why others have perhaps had enough and snapped, and seek to simply lay blame with the other members....

Its nothing about a face fitting, or a clique.. its about the attitude and behaviour of the new member.. as I said, the net does not mean people have free reign to insult and be hurtful and spiteful without any consequences........

14-06-2013, 05:01 PM
This is not a party nor is it a pub ! Its a place to talk about psychics!

I would have no problem at all saying everything I have typed to a psychic or psychic believer in person!

Personally my aim is never to insult on a personal level, that's just silly!
I am highly insulted everytime someone pats a psychic on the back after a a post of utter nonsense.. I'm free thinking,logical and don't put up with people that talk dribble!

If this is insulting ..that's there problem !
14-06-2013, 05:15 PM
No you are right its not a party or a pub, but the meaning behind what I was saying is the same..... Some people see the internet as a place where you can talk to people how they like without any comebacks or consequence, because it's just a font on the screen, therefore it doesn't matter to some people what they say, the other person can't really do much. Some people are a lot more brave on the net when it comes to insults than in real life...

The key thing here is this... if a person joins any form of group, goes to any form of social event, if their behaviour and attitude is dire, it will get other peoples backs up.. it doesn't matter what that group is, the result will be the same, because people tend to not like rude people who choose to insult others....

As I said, if people want to know why they have joined here and others have not been as friendly to them as other new members, instead of screaming clique and pointing at the *group*.. they need to take one hell of a long hard look at the *new* members own attitude and behaviour and whether they have insulted others continuously, openly lied in one post after another...... and you will find its the attitude and behaviour of the new member that is at question :-)

14-06-2013, 05:18 PM
(14-06-2013 04:56 PM)Hangingpants Wrote:  It is a clique. I have said things referring to this subject on another thread so I won't go into much more of this. It's a question of if or not comments are approved? There are two sets of rules on here. The goodies and the baddies. The goodies are the people that regularly have readings and agree with the discussions and get themselves in debt? The baddies however are the ones who slate psychics and become too opinionated.

An example is shown on another thread that some people (if approved) can get away with saying what they like.

Best post I've read on here in weeks!
14-06-2013, 05:22 PM
Oh and Chris.. do you not think that some people might look at your posts and see them as nothing more than dribble? If I am honest I do... not because I disagree with you, but because they are ill thought out and badly researched posts...the difference is, I don't launch an attack on you or decide you are something off of the bottom of my shoe because of it...... or decide to go on everything you post and and insult you openly.... see where I am going with this......

YOU chose to join a psychic forum in order to slate everything that everyone on here believes in..... with ill thought out badly researched rants and raves..... you have no interest in psychic things, don't like it, and hate what it all stands for... yet you wanted to join a forum and do what you are doing..... now yes, at times you have got a few members backs up..... but people on the whole have been respectful to you, you haven't shown that back, but it has still been given.... even when you were banned the people you despise, dislike stood up for your right to your opinion and the ban was taken off..... there rests my case for whether we are all a clique here *sigh*

14-06-2013, 05:25 PM
(14-06-2013 05:00 PM)Icemaiden Wrote:  Not really no....the thread you are referring to is one where a member has openly insulted other members since joining (sadly said member has removed all of those posts).. at some point, people kind of have enough (if that makes sense)

Sadly, when valid reasons are pointed out, people do not want to look at their own behaviour and why others have perhaps had enough and snapped, and seek to simply lay blame with the other members....

Its nothing about a face fitting, or a clique.. its about the attitude and behaviour of the new member.. as I said, the net does not mean people have free reign to insult and be hurtful and spiteful without any consequences........

If people did not say how they felt for fear of insulting someone then the world would be unlivable!

I have to question someones logical thinking when they are asked a direct question only to answer with "I find you insulting"!
Stop being scared of the truth of the matter..

The basic of all questions on this forum should be, is psychic ability real? And don't mean real to one person or to ten people .. I mean real as in the sun..gravity..breathing..

Proof! Proof! Proof! ...that's all that's needed !

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Forum quiet jaks 62 3,841 11-11-2018 04:45 PM
Last Post: pasha
  Forum down? Mr R Sole 3 619 05-05-2017 07:18 AM
Last Post: savvy
  Forum is dead Carr987 16 2,498 09-05-2016 12:00 PM
Last Post: chrys
  SPS forum up and running again. jaks111 31 6,088 03-04-2016 04:36 PM
Last Post: veryconfused