Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Orbs
15-06-2013, 03:12 PM
Orbs
On the CCTV the other night at the hospital I work at, we saw in one corner of a ward with an empty bed a fountain of big bright orbs floating in one spot. Nowhere else on the CCTV in any other parts could be spotted.
Needless to say everyone was really spooked, and that's even the few skeptic men who work alongside me, I've googled orbs, some say dust lights (not so, these were far to big round and bright) whilst some claim they are ghosts.
Anybody here seen them on camera or can explain what they are?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
15-06-2013, 03:43 PM
RE: Orbs
From wiki ..

Orb artifacts are captured during low-light instances where the camera's flash is used, such as at night or underwater—or where a bright light source is near the camera.[citation needed]

The artifacts are especially common with compact or ultra-compact cameras, where the short distance between the lens and the built-in flash decreases the angle of light reflection to the lens, directly illuminating the aspect of the particles facing the lens and increasing the camera's ability to capture the light reflected off normally sub-visible particles.[1]

The orb artifact can result from retroreflection of light off solid particles (e.g., dust, pollen), liquid particles (water droplets, especially rain) or other foreign material within the camera lens.[1]

The image artifacts usually appear as either white or semi-transparent circles, though may also occur with whole or partial color spectrums, purple fringing or other chromatic aberration. With rain droplets, an image may capture light passing through the droplet creating a small rainbow effect.[citation needed]

In underwater conditions, particles such as sand or small sea life close to the lens, invisible to the diver, reflect light from the flash causing the orb artifact in the image. A strobe flash, which distances the flash from the lens, eliminates the artifacts.[citation needed]

Below are two diagrams of a hypothetical underwater instance. In Diagram A, the faces of particles directly aligned with the camera's lens are illuminated by the flash, and thus the camera will more likely record orbs. In Diagram B, the faces of particles illuminated by the flash do not face the lens and therefore remain un-recorded. [2]

There not ghosts..spirits..
15-06-2013, 03:55 PM
Thanks for the posts. Yes, I do believed some orbs can be down to the camera lens. I've seen those before on photographs with my digital camera. But these were only in one spot, rather like a nest of them moving frantically? Nowhere else on the CCTV camera in any part of the hospital (and its big) were any captured on the screen, just that spot.
80sgoth, I believe they are ghosts or spirit lights. I am quite a level headed person and always look for an alternative suggestion. But thanks for the info, it's still interesting.
15-06-2013, 06:31 PM
I am always a bit skeptical about photo orbs... And up until several years I was skeptical over orbs in general ... Until I experienced them lol. 99.9 percent of the time there is a logical explanation for them... But... There is that one percent where the orb is unexplained.. Sounds like yours definitely fall into the category of unexplained.. Which is really cool.. Well I think so.

As for what they are... It varies... Some people believe they are spirits, some see them as Angels... The good thing about your experience is that it was shared with others. If the CCTV camera records can you not take stills of the orbs and send them off to be looked at???

Life is a shipwreck but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats. ~Voltaire
15-06-2013, 06:53 PM
(15-06-2013 06:31 PM)Icemaiden Wrote:  I am always a bit skeptical about photo orbs... And up until several years I was skeptical over orbs in general ... Until I experienced them lol. 99.9 percent of the time there is a logical explanation for them... But... There is that one percent where the orb is unexplained.. Sounds like yours definitely fall into the category of unexplained.. Which is really cool.. Well I think so.

As for what they are... It varies... Some people believe they are spirits, some see them as Angels... The good thing about your experience is that it was shared with others. If the CCTV camera records can you not take stills of the orbs and send them off to be looked at???

Yes. I think someone in the admin dept is going to burn a disc and send it to The Psychic Research team. It was really spooky as there were many really bright lights like a wasps nest darting to and fro from an empty bed. It sent goosepimples down my spine.
15-06-2013, 08:01 PM
Many orbs are seen as energy balls of a spirit.. but they are usually found anywhere near ghost activity. They are said to be spheres of energy created by the spirits of deceased people..

One theory is that they can be fragments of dust that are close to the camera lens.. these can manifest themselves visually as orbs when the flash sparks. But as these were taken on a CCTV camera that does sound very weird..

All dust orbs in photos look the same.. They tend to come up as shadowy spots, and the sun can produce orb like lights.. I believe the real spirit orbs take on a brilliant white shape and can differ in shapes and sizes..

I would certainly recommend getting a copy of the disk to show to The Institute of Psychic Research?
15-06-2013, 08:26 PM
Nobody really knows what orbs actually are. Some say they are balls of energy of spirits, dust particles. Documented evidence suggests that Orbs allow multiple spirits to travel together. I've heard they maybe lights, auras, spirits, angels. But perhaps they are viewed as paranormal study because we know little about them? There are several non spiritual types:- moisture orbs, dust orbs, pollen orbs, and energy orbs.
16-06-2013, 12:28 AM
I've heard there the ghosts of chickens.. There must be millions arounds what with KFC doing its best to reshape the nation into blobs!