Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
its all in the name!..
16-06-2013, 12:57 AM
its all in the name!..
What's in a name?

It's always good to get a few names right. This never fails to impress. But what do they say? "Your father's name was George I believe." Certainly not. The usual method is, once again, to ask questions and then let the customer work out who it might be e.g.;

"Why am I getting the name George?"
"Who's George?"
"I'm getting the initial 'G'. Does this mean anything to you?"
"There's a gentleman here called George asking for you."

These phrases are used all the time by spiritualist mediums. The last one is a particular favourite. If it is confirmed Grandad was called George they will say that this is indeed Grandad. If the phrase 'was called George' is used then it can be assumed that Grandad is no longer in the land of the living. However it's not unknown for mediums to get this wrong and assume someone is dead when in fact they are still very much alive. They might say, "He really loved you didn't he." The customer, slightly surprised replies, "He's still alive!" Without missing a beat they will come back with, "Oh I know that dear, but when you were little he really loved you didn't he. You had a very caring childhood didn't you."

They get away with this because people think, "Well it can't be easy speaking with the dead can it? They can't be expected to be exactly right all the time." The rationale is that it's probably like listening to a radio with a lot of interference. There are bound to be problems in getting through. So people allow them these little mistakes along the way and after it's all over the customer will probably only remember the things the medium got right anyway. The truth is that it is the customer who comes up with the relationship and the medium simply mentions a name and probably a common one at that.

It's surely reasonable to assume that if they listen to the dead spirit a bit longer they will be able to hear enough to make more sense without constantly asking the customer to fill in the blanks. They can hear the name 'George' over the airwaves so if George keeps shouting (or thinking loudly if it's telepathy) he should be able to say, "I'm her Grandad." Once the customer obligingly confirms things it's remarkable how the crackly psychic line clears up. e.g. The medium says, "Oh yes that's right 'cause he's saying Grandad to me."

This system is routinely used to verify many kinds of information. For example;

"Why am I seeing a red car?
"Who's having trouble at work?"
"Who recently bought a computer?"

When trying out names the psychic or medium will not always content themselves with offering a single name. They might offer two and if one turns out to be right the other can be conveniently forgotten. An example could be, "Who's Sarah... or it might be Sandra? I can't make out if they're friends or...." Now the odds on getting a correct name have just doubled. In a similar vein the psychic may modify a name to make it more likely to fit. "I'm being given the name Edward or maybe it's Ted....Todd?"
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
16-06-2013, 09:25 PM
RE: its all in the name!..
My friend had a reading a while ago and the psychic validated immediately by telling her name, her moms name and grans name all correctly...wow! you must be thinking. After thinking over the reading it suddenly occurred to her that the psychic might have gotten this info off the electoral role when she paid for the reading by paypal. I then booked a reading to test this theory, and yes, told me my name including middle name and another person name who lived me at the time all correctly, all of this info is available through the electoral roll, no one and i mean no psychic to this day has even guessed my full name let alone anyone else's right. I told the psychic saying i find it hard to believe you are able to get 3 names right like that, so i asked can you tell me what my mothers name is, she replied i can only give you what is shown by spirit...i laughed and told her exactly how she got this info, she told me she wasn't happy with how this is going, told her she was a con. She gladly refunded my money.

I then left a negative review on an independent site where she advertises, only for her to close her site completely down the very next day...hmm wonder why hey!

try it:- http://www.192.com/people/electoral-roll/
17-06-2013, 12:11 PM
This is all very general

I had a mediumship reading by phone once....... the guy was on the phone a few minutes when he mentioned the red flowers in the front garden, the same ones I took into the hospital before my great nan died (his words)...... and he was right, red tulips in my garden, and it was two bunches of tulips I took in to my great nan the last time I saw her.... this same guy also picked up on a friend of mine committing suicide..... which was true..... all in all a wee bit more than guess work on the part of the medium.... oh and he also picked up on my grandad doing impressions of a cartoon character.....which was again very specific.. and was also true as he used to do a donald duck impression for me....... Unless this medium camped outside my house over night and had his own TARDIS for time travel, this was a wee bit more than guess work......

With any profession you get good and bad..... I guess its the age old thing, make sure you use someone who comes highly recommended by others.....

Life is a shipwreck but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats. ~Voltaire
17-06-2013, 12:52 PM
Lol @ icemaiden..

You have profited from a claim you can't prove.. That to me speaks volumes!
17-06-2013, 01:07 PM
That's truly amazing! .. Well that's me converted!

Lol

There is no such thing as psychic powers! Only easily fooled people..

Think for yourself..
17-06-2013, 04:34 PM
(17-06-2013 12:11 PM)Icemaiden Wrote:  This is all very general

I had a mediumship reading by phone once....... the guy was on the phone a few minutes when he mentioned the red flowers in the front garden, the same ones I took into the hospital before my great nan died (his words)...... and he was right, red tulips in my garden, and it was two bunches of tulips I took in to my great nan the last time I saw her.... this same guy also picked up on a friend of mine committing suicide..... which was true..... all in all a wee bit more than guess work on the part of the medium.... oh and he also picked up on my grandad doing impressions of a cartoon character.....which was again very specific.. and was also true as he used to do a donald duck impression for me....... Unless this medium camped outside my house over night and had his own TARDIS for time travel, this was a wee bit more than guess work......

With any profession you get good and bad..... I guess its the age old thing, make sure you use someone who comes highly recommended by others.....

Just saying alot of cons out there and be careful, i know there are a few genuine ones...! Smile
17-06-2013, 07:57 PM
Ok mega brains ask yourself what's more realistic.. Someone has paranormal powers and can see the future or there coning you ??

Get a grip
18-06-2013, 03:51 PM
Paranormal powers?????? It's not superman or the x men.... and psychic ability is nothing more than extension of our senses that we can all develop.....

Life is a shipwreck but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats. ~Voltaire