Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
if you must have a reading ..remember..
16-06-2013, 01:03 AM
Information if you must have a reading ..remember..
Here are a few things to remember !

1. The first thing to remember is that all this character reading stuff is virtually meaningless. It's just padding. Everyone has different facets to their character and at different times we can all be different people. Sometimes we are organised but at other times we can be the complete opposite. Another thing that can be safely ignored is the use of what might be called symbolic language. "I see you at the centre of a great circle and you are drawing others inward. Does this make sense to you?" As ever the poor customer has to do all the work and try to see how this might apply to them. In making guesses the customer will invariably give away more clues which will further assist the psychic.

2. Anyone going to visit a psychic should get agreement first to record the session. This is an absolute must. There is no reason not to allow this. Some psychics have no objection while others offer feeble excuses like the electrical impulses will interfere with their powers. Not only should this be insisted on but customers should always take along their own tape recorder. Some psychics have suspiciously unreliable equipment, especially if the reading hasn't gone well. Customers who claim that they hardly said a word and gave the psychic no clues can be amazed when they play back the tape and find just how much information they gave away.

3. Don't offer information. They are supposed to be telling not asking. Nevertheless they will ask a surprising number of questions if they can get away with it. People want a successful reading and therefore don't want to be seen as being unhelpful and blocking the psychics supposed power, so they go along with the questions in the spirit of co-operation. The ever helpful customer acknowledges even semi-correct statements immediately, when if they had waited they might have found that the psychic, not getting the required response covered their options with a suitable get out.

The supposed power of the psychic actually comes from interaction with you. In fact Tarot readers usually emphasise the importance of your interpretation of how the cards apply to you. Someone who refuses to answer questions and remains poker faced throughout will receive a much poorer reading. If you are with a real psychic surely this would not be the case. Afterwards you can go through the reading and count how many questions were actually asked (don't forget that anything that provokes you into giving a response should count as a question). You can also try to notice how the medium modified his or her statements in light of your response. This can be difficult at first but the more you listen to readings the better you get at spotting their techniques.

4. Finally, ask them what they can actually do. Saying that they are 'psychic' doesn't really tell you very much. What do they claim to be able to do? (If it's character analysis forget it.) Can they foretell the future? Can they get information from a dead relative? Telling you, "Aunt Freda sends her love and is thinking of you" is easy. What about her secret recipe for elderberry wine or where she's hidden her will? Can they locate your missing relative? If you find out exactly what they can do, then you will have some means of measuring their success later. But remember when you are trying to find out how good they are, think about all the times they were wrong and compare this with the number of times they appeared to be correct. Finding Aunt Freda's will under the mattress isn't so clever if you were also told to look down the back of the sofa, in the shed, at a local solicitors, behind the picture on the mantle piece and somewhere on the bookshelf.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
16-06-2013, 07:56 AM
RE: if you must have a reading ..remember..
Valid points chris..i'll make no secrets ive had a "few" readings over the years, some what friends have recommended, and have had a few eye rolling moments..a face to face with a local lady, she was having a conversation with my dad..and was saying he loves you blah blah..so i said can i ask him a question? to which she replied, you can but he might not answer it...he's my dad for christ sake of course he would if it was really my dad (he didnt answer it lol) fake!!!
My all time favorite is..youve got 2 children "no"... you want 2 children "no" but what im saying you could have 2 if you wanted them hmmmmm no shit
Recently ,your mum loves you and she died cos she was i'll...lol
One opened with names and middle initials of close family and added i'd moved xx years ago....that was from the electoral role, she did the same to a friend but very impressive at the time, its only when you dissect readings you know sometimes you've been had.

But then you get the ones that you cant explain, they ask no questions, one even said, do not tell me anything. Dont know how many readings ive had but i can count on one hand those who have actually gave me non general validations (and yes i do know the difference)
Im not saying people are gullible, but when faced with heartbreak its easy to be sucked into believing psychic's can give you the answers sadly most cannot and all you get is a huge phone bill.
But i'll stick by my opinion some are real..but its pot luck if you find one on a phone line Smile
16-06-2013, 08:18 AM
You are absolutely so right Chris. This is what most readers are about. Sometimes the sitter is not aware how many questions the psychic cunningly extracts from them.

If you think about it a psychic has a very easy job. Especially a phone psychic, because its all a about love affairs and relationships. Most of the psychics that people think are so truly gifted are no more than cold readers

Think before you pick up the phone the ££££!!! you'll be worse off! Tongue
16-06-2013, 09:18 AM
Its a sad world we live in that we let these fakes make a single penny from our grief and hardtimes!

This is why hold the position I do on these matters, so say I'm over the top, say for every time I make someone think twice about having ANY psychic reading, its worth it!
16-06-2013, 10:01 PM
Hey Chris...Have you been interviewing people who've had readings with psychics, you know too much for someone who hasn't had any readings ? Very good advice!
16-06-2013, 10:08 PM
I'm just a free thinker.. I question and question.. I speak to people who know more than do and I take in that information ..

Rational thinking is the corner stone of debunking every psychic out there..