Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
psychic believers.. a matter of thinking freely
16-06-2013, 08:30 PM
psychic believers.. a matter of thinking freely
It has amazed me for years how the lies and tricks psychics come up with are believed so easily and readily by some members of the human race!

It seems you can claim to have paranormal abilities such as fortune telling, seeing there past, speaking to the dead etc and it will be believed if someone is called a psychic!

Yet a mentally ill patient in a secure hospital claiming the same abilities will be locked up ! I mean where is the line between the two?

People that believe have the right to do so, just the same as people that get high on drugs have the right to do so!

I just thought this was an interesting point!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
16-06-2013, 08:47 PM
RE: psychic believers.. a matter of thinking freely
I must add..

The great Christopher Hitchens once said "Take the risk of thinking for yourself"

To all that believe in the ramblings of these psychic parasites know this..

You will make mistakes in your life, we all do, but that is life and the mistakes help us to grow!

Trying to side swipe the bad things in life ie challenging relationships, debts, health ..so on and so forth by visiting a psychic will not help you!

The psychic may give you 'validations',names and information that you feel only a psychic would know.. Yet all it would take is for the believer to believe in themselves first and not the psychic for them to have a better life!
17-06-2013, 11:05 AM (This post was last modified: 17-06-2013 11:06 AM by Hangingpants.)
That is a very good quote by Christopher Hitchins. The problem is that people are not thinking enough for themselves.

Validations don't mean a thing as the sitter will answer the psychic possibly without even thinking. The psychic isn't actually picking up any validations about the sitter personally, they are fishing for answers in a very underhand way which is why so many people are perplexed that the psychic gets all validations spot on. Psychics talk a good game and are story tellers. Don't some of the readers double up on sex chat lines? Aren't many of them in between work actors filling in to make money? Models you name it? I was actually told this by somebody. The ironic thing is, these are the strangers the caller is confiding all their secrets too!
17-06-2013, 11:07 AM
Very true.. At least with a sex line you get a happy endding !
17-06-2013, 11:08 AM
Lol. True!
17-06-2013, 12:05 PM
I think the flippant use of the term mental illness is very derogatory against those who really do suffer with some form of mental illness....... I know it is all done to cause friction, gain a reaction and to create conflict, but it has been used so flippantly on here that it's really over stepping the mark.... trying to gain a reaction for the sake of it is pointless, and to use mental illness to do this is really unacceptable......

Life is a shipwreck but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats. ~Voltaire
17-06-2013, 12:55 PM
(17-06-2013 12:09 PM)iamacolincookfan Wrote:  I am certain that Chris has had multiple readings. A skeptic always comes across differently to those just angry with the experience. That said I do sympathise with anyone who has been lead up the garden path.

If thinking I've have readings before makes you feel better.. Fill your boots lol

Fact is psychics are fakes!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Pet Psychic – Would You Like To Know What Your Pet Is Thinking dormammu 0 287 18-01-2020 09:57 AM
Last Post: dormammu
  rational thinking.."what's more likely?.." chrisw316 29 7,513 13-07-2013 10:00 PM
Last Post: Icemaiden
  religion.. how many people on here are believers in a creator? chrisw316 5 1,812 10-07-2013 09:01 AM
Last Post: chrisw316
  thinking for yourself, forcing psychics to get a real job! chrisw316 4 1,891 14-06-2013 12:00 PM
  how many pychic believers are religious? chrisw316 8 1,804 09-05-2013 12:11 AM