Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Freewill or just a Copout?
17-06-2013, 11:42 AM
Freewill or just a Copout?
Have you noticed in the space of 10 years the rules of having a reading seems to have changed. You now find psychics are throwing in this freewill, which in fact is a very crafty move on the psychics part. Every prediction now made (as seen on Michelle Knights website) are subject to freewill. So in other words now psychics are saying they can't actually predict a thing, it's up to the sitter? Well! That's a great help, and doesn't this just let the psychic off the hook? So what are people paying £1.53 per min for? Is this just an advice line or what? Can any psychic readers answer this? As I believe there are quite a few on board here?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
17-06-2013, 11:55 AM
RE: Freewill or just a Copout?
So you don't believe we have any form of free will... and have no choices at all.. and that all we have to do is sit back and do nothing with our lives because it will all fall out of the sky for us, all neat and gift wrapped???

We ALL have free will.... and I believe that the future is something that is constantly changing.. so based on that I believe that no prediction is ever 100 percent, because we have the ability to create our own future. This is why I openly speak up about the airy fairy readings that predict people coming back.... I mean if the person wanted to be with another, they would make an effort, they would make contact, they would start the ball rolling etc etc........ they have made their choice, and no reading will bring someone back who doesn't want to come back.

It's not crafty... it's how things are.... I mean given the future is fluid then no, psychics can't and never should predict with certainty... that's not to say predictions can't happen or won't happen, just that when it comes to the future there is no guarantees.. and this is why people waste so much money phoning psychics about ex's..... the psychic can't give them a guarantee... they can say what they feel, go on their intuition, but nine times out of ten that intuition is not the ex coming back

All a psychic can do is give people a guide to the future..... can help people find the tools to move on with their lives or to get the things they want etc etc.... psychics can and do see snippets of the future... but one small change in the present can change that snippet in a heart beat..... and as such people should see readings as a guide and NOT buy into the TV promotion of readings and how the psychics will map your future out for you... at the end of the day...... we are the masters of our own destiny, and readings should be had a couple of times a year, or at the very minimum once every three months... not several times a day or every night ...... this totally defeats the purpose of a reading...

Life is a shipwreck but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats. ~Voltaire
17-06-2013, 11:59 AM
Just to add, the important thing about free will is that it means we have to motivate ourselves to make things happen in our lives... we can't hold out for psychic predictions, we have to go out and make things happen.

For example, I want to get published.. it wouldn't matter how many readings I had saying it's there in my future.. if I never bother to send my finished manuscripts off to a publisher I am never going to get published

Another example, if someone asks for a relationship reading and wants to know when they are going to meet someone... has the reading, then stays at home and doesn't go anywhere or do anything other than work and home.... that person has greatly reduced the chances of meeting someone.

Sometimes in life we as people have to realise that the only ones in charge of our future is us as people.... we need to take control of our lives and make sure that we work hard to get everything we want in life... if we want a new job then we need to apply for new jobs, if we want to move house, we need to look at new houses.... the universe doesn't give us want we want gift wrapped.. even when we cosmic order we have to put the hard work and effort in..... there are no short cuts.....

What a psychic can do is give us a bit of a guide..... what psychics can't do is map our future out for us down to the last letter......

17-06-2013, 12:31 PM (This post was last modified: 17-06-2013 12:35 PM by Dancing Dolly.)
I am in agreement with Hangingpants, I do agree that this is possibly because of TV psychics and phone lines in general. But that was never the way fortune tellers and psychics/clairvoyants were intended. I do think that possibly the Psychic companies have bent the rules to suit themselves.

All things happen in our lives and we have to use our freewill, its quite unusual for anybody to sit down and do nothing if they want something badly. In fact, I'm using my freewill now by answering this post. Psychic companies are all about hard selling. But people are unreasonable expecting too much as regards to timing.

Think before you pick up the phone the ££££!!! you'll be worse off! Tongue
17-06-2013, 01:01 PM
I have to say I find it hard to take anything that 'psychics' on this forum have to say with more than a pinch of salt!

There are several people on here that have earned money from 'work' based around a belief they have paranormal abilities..

Its cringe worthy reading there posts as they try and defend this psychic tripe!
17-06-2013, 01:20 PM
From what i understand regarding psychic companies it appears that the way the psychics have twisted this. Is if a prediction doesn't Happen than it is the clients fault? As Dancing Dolly posts:- we use our freewill to make things happen regardless of what a psychic says. I do agree that people expect the most ridiculous of questions answered, but then the companies are to blame bringing a text message service out? The questions get more and more daft day by day?
17-06-2013, 01:47 PM (This post was last modified: 17-06-2013 04:56 PM by Icemaiden.)
It's not how psychics have twisted something hanging pants, although I guess everything in the end gets manipulated in some way..... it's just reality....

We are masters of our own destiny...... and how psychics are being used now is not how psychics were meant to be used..... I think the biggest problem today is that both the user and the big companies have changed how psychics are perceived and therefore expectations have changed greatly...

free will has been around long before TV companies and phone lines decided to tap into the *psychic and readings field*... every choice has a consequence..... and as such, we all have to accept that our choices, what we do in life will ultimately affect our future...we can't blame psychics for how our future turns out, because we are the ones who are in charge of how that ends up.... If we have a reading and then choose to wait for a prediction to happen without putting any work in, then it stands to reason the prediction won't happen... jobs, boyfriends, houses.. they don't fall from the sky and land in our laps....

I do agree that companies are at fault for totally changing what psychic readings are about, and what psychic ability actually is, or what readings can realistically do.... but at the same time, so are people. If there was no demand, then psychic companies would go out of business... as it stands it's the second biggest seller in the world. These companies make huge profits because there is a huge demand for the services..... long gone are the days when readings would be in someone's house as a treat, or something someone did a few times a year.... Now psychics are presented as quick fix answers for all of lifes problems...... which lets face it, is totally unrealistic. Not even the best reader in the world will have all the answers.

Free will simply means that we as people have choices, that we are in control of our own life, and can choose how we want our life to be.... it means that for every choice we make there is a consequence, not only for ourselves, but for the people around us. It means that we as people have a blank canvas, and that blank canvas is our future... every choice we make in the present will ultimately decide what gets painted on the canvas... if everything was pre destined, none of us would have any motivation because we would all have the attitude of oh well, if it is going to happen it will happen..... Life is far too short to get hung up on things we can't change, or things that have been and gone, on relying on anyone to map out our future for us... we have one shot at this life, and all any of us can do is make the most of it.

17-06-2013, 05:36 PM
I find it hard to believe most people sit and do nothing when asking about that job or relationship. Most people who pick up the phone are in despair, because actually they have tried everything (freewill) and still things aren't working out for them. This certainly is the case for me, i try to make things happen using my so called free will and still i hit a stumbling block. Hanginpants does have a point the psychics today are using free will as a cop out.
17-06-2013, 07:01 PM (This post was last modified: 17-06-2013 07:07 PM by Blair.)
I can see how many people have finally woken up over the years and it is good to know that people are no longer afraid to speak the truth. I have had many readings over the years but have slowly stopped having them. Why? Because I have finally woken up and have realised that psychics CANNOT predict the future.

Now, don't get me wrong, I have wanted to believe what they have told me so much. But to be honest, this 'freewill' thing is a cop out. Why? Because its easier to say its freewill instead of they just got it WRONG. Plain and simple...

If they could predict the future then why have they never been able to predict anything for me? They can kind of pick up on my current situations, but nothing has ever come to pass. It is a shame really as I do believe in many things within this area, but slowly and surely I have had proof after proof telling me that they cannot do this.

One recent reading ( Yes I know stupid me) I asked about a general reading and they said that my work area was coming up strongly. They said that I would be given more work and will be promoted. Well guess what, they got it totally wrong as I am being made REDUNDANT! Now tell me how could they not see this if they have made it very clear in their profile that they can SEE the future? What does this mean, its FREEWILL? Who's freewill as I cannot understand how they could not see something so simple....

Then they go on to my love life, telling me how he loves me and that we have had our ups and downs but we will always be together. Who is HE? Very strange as I am SINGLE and have been for the last two years. But yet this is what they SEE....

I never let on to what is going on around me either as I like to test and see what comes up.

But I'm afraid that the readings I have had recently have all failed the test as it was all made up.

I'm not going to put any psychics down or name anyone as I do believe to a certain degree. I just find it a shame that it all seems to come across as a pack of lies.

So what do we use psychics for if they cannot give you the service they advertise?

Just to make things clear, I'm not angry or upset with anyone as I chose to have these readings. I wanted to prove a point to myself more than anything.

I'm not saying I will not have a reading again, I most probably will in about 6 months time. Who knows. But it is sad that something I truly believed in for so long just doesn't ring true for me anymore.

Anyway, love and light to all.
17-06-2013, 07:31 PM
Blair ! That is a very honest and open post, I'm so glad you have woken up! More power to you!