Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Enoughs Enough
23-06-2013, 12:33 PM
RE: Enoughs Enough
In my mind there is something to be said for honesty...

Like others I think its great that there are a mixture of people on the forum... makes discussions interesting.... but when people choose to lie about who they are it casts doubt over them as people...... and also makes me think WTF????

If people on here work for PTV, then have the balls to be honest about it..... if they work for other phone lines... again have the balls to be honest about it...... or if they are here and perhaps just want to join in then actually..... don't sit silent for god knows how long and then when someone may give the person or a friend a review they don't like, pounce on it.

Another thing... everyone is entitled to their opinion....... and no one should be shot down for having an opinion......

The interest brings both the good and bad as people can hide behind a font and think their words and actions have no consequence.....

Life is a shipwreck but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats. ~Voltaire
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
23-06-2013, 12:49 PM
You know what I was thinking - we can all come on here and say whatever we wish about readers. They don't have the same luxury to come out publicly and speak about sitters. I know people will jump on and say "but the calls are private and confidential" - they are private etc., but surely readers have issues with sitters too? Between multiple readings and readers, freebies, sitters blaming them for things and the list could probably go on. It would be good to have a readers view. They can't find it easy all the time either!
23-06-2013, 12:59 PM
I guess some of them would possibly be a bit reluctant to say.. I am *insert readers name here* if they know they are responsible for giving half the people on the forum happy clappy false hope readings to keep them calling back LOL **just saying**

However, all that aside, I do think honesty is always the best policy... and on here it's hard to know who is on the level anymore.. which means there is an automatic cynicism over a lot of posts, postings or new members and their posts.... and we are here at this point because of the fact so many choose to hide the truth, and because so many join because they simply want to create and cause conflict.

A reader who chooses to read on a public line must accept that not everyone will be happy with their readings, and that for all the good reviews, there will be some not so good ones.... that is part and parcel of life isn't it? No one can please everyone all of the time, even the best readers will have off days.

I don't read on the lines, but I do read.... but I am selective over who I read for....... and selective over what I read for.. because at the end of the day I am not going to take someones money if they want to tell me if the bloke they met last friday is the one.... or if they want to know if someone is going to contact them..... I would feel bad taking money for that.

I also think its understandable that some people get upset that they have had all these readings, from all these readers, all saying the same thing, only to realise it was a lie, with an added insult of later finding out the phone line keeps notes and the readers have been working on notes on a screen.....

I guess like all things there needs to be a balance... one person may not like a reader, another person might like them.... we give reviews based on our own personal perception of the reader and the reading....... our perception may not be like anothers, but I guess any reader who reads a bad review and who thinks that joining or deciding to post slating the person or people who gave it, or giving glowing reviews etc etc needs to think whether they are actually helping the situation, or making the situation worse?

23-06-2013, 01:29 PM
I think you have me wrong - just slightly! I am just saying that readers have their own frustrations with sitters, and they don't have the luxury of been able to reach out on a mass scale (like on a forum like this) to get feedback from other readers, or share tales or woes about their own position in all this.

I am just coming in on a different angle.
23-06-2013, 01:33 PM
I think they'd like their own but private forum - I would hate to do their jobs! I would hate it!
23-06-2013, 01:38 PM
Technically they could open up a closed forum for themselves... kinda like a place for the readers to sound off when they are having a really bad day.....they don't have to name people, but they can have a similar style forum.. but readers will have the support of their families and friends...... readers will be able to speak about their day, or their shift etc how many people who have become a tad dependent on readings will admit that to their family or friends.... A lot of my friends are not into the spiritual or psychic stuff, but many are.. not all are readers but some (working for themselves I might add and not lines)....

Readers have the type of support network available to them that the people being read for don't have..... and this forum in part provides a support network for some people, or a place of interest for others... at the end of the day, maybe we the people of the forum should shift the focus of the forum from just readings to again being more than that, in the hope it will steer some of the discussions into ways of changing lives for the better or looking at different types of spiritual and psychic things :-)

23-06-2013, 01:41 PM
Also one other thing.... I think we all have no doubt that many of the readers are on the forum.. and that they hide that fact.. they could be honest and speak out, they could perhaps share their experiences as a reader on a phone line...... I couldn't do the job hence the fact I got a job on a phone line and then never logged in and eventually left.... and that was because of this forum.. I saw how badly people suffered in the hands of being given the wrong information or being given false hope, or being told what they wanted to hear, and no matter how badly I needed the money, I simply could not become part of the problem, regardless of my own personal situation......

23-06-2013, 01:49 PM
In part I agree with you, but it is not about having a bad day for a reader I mean either - they will encounter more or less the same sitters coming to them. Perhaps the sitters aren't taking guidance for instance, or perhaps they are hopping between various readers for the same information. Perhaps they will see a pattern with one vulnerable sitter, who they didn't realise was having multiple readings and try and steer the sitter to be more self-reliant, if the original guidance is not sinking into their minds as of yet. There are lots of scenarios.

I agree about the potential of a support network on here - however, it would be more of the discussion/education type threads that would be more beneficial, rather than speaking about the various readers/readings individuals have had. Like you say, shift the focus from one to the other, or at least get a better balance. If people can stop chasing their tails in having multiple readings (or readings at all), it would be really good.
23-06-2013, 01:52 PM
About leaving the phone lines, I would be like you and couldn't do it (ignore that I have little skill to offer anyone).

But then you have very good readers, who perhaps won't read because of a forum like this, because sitters won't take responsibility for either understanding what a reading is about or take responsibility to take hold of their own lives, and simply live it, to get where they want to go. As said before, its not an easy profession and I don't envy anyone doing it.

And like you say, there are charlatans out there, who happily "set up shop as a reader", but haven't a clue about what they are doing and the impact that it may have.
23-06-2013, 02:14 PM
From MY POV it is horrible to read how many people are told airy fairy readings of false hope.... and this appears to be a lot more common than the honest readings.... I mean when I read about PTV having notes about readings it is something that I personally find alarming, as it means readers can simply read off a screen what someone wants, and tell them what they want to hear.... how is this helping people?????

And while I know there are good readers out there, and know that actually it's not just the readers fault that we have this situation, because the person being read for is just as much to blame, at some point the reader has to take some responsibility as well.....

Personal responsibility is a big thing.. I mean if a reader was working as an accountant and got the accounts wrong every time, at the cost of the person they were going them for, eventually they would get the sack... but it appears the same thing isn't said for psychics..... they can tell a person they are reading for anything to get them to call back again and again, with full knowledge in what they are doing, and they still get to keep their job..... this concerns me....

If a reader knows that someone has phoned endless amount of times, why are they not doing the decent thing and telling them that actually, they shouldn't have any more readings, that its unhealthy, that they need to get on with their life etc etc...... instead of feeding that need with more false hope because they want to make some money.

The point of readings is to help and guide people..... but readers on phone lines are not really helping and guiding people... well not all of them... and I think we all should be concerned about that... my concern is that it gives all readers a bad name, as well as the whole psychic field... which is something I have a lot of faith and belief in....