Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Enoughs Enough
23-06-2013, 02:17 PM
RE: Enoughs Enough
And to be fair, I have been just as blunt on the other side of the coin with the people having readings needing to take some personal responsibility for what they are doing in the past on here..... I just find the whole situation horrid... because while those people on the lines are doing it to make a name for themselves, or to make a few quid... it totally destroys the reputation of the whole profession, because we are all judged on phone line readers... all psychic ability appears to be judged on nothing more than predictions, and it is so much more than that... after shopping I will do a post on the history :-)

Life is a shipwreck but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats. ~Voltaire
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
23-06-2013, 02:24 PM
(23-06-2013 01:41 PM)Icemaiden Wrote:  Also one other thing.... I think we all have no doubt that many of the readers are on the forum.. and that they hide that fact.. they could be honest and speak out, they could perhaps share their experiences as a reader on a phone line...... I couldn't do the job hence the fact I got a job on a phone line and then never logged in and eventually left.... and that was because of this forum.. I saw how badly people suffered in the hands of being given the wrong information or being given false hope, or being told what they wanted to hear, and no matter how badly I needed the money, I simply could not become part of the problem, regardless of my own personal situation......

I agree with the first part about readers.
The second part about yourself I admire you for that. I was actually thinking I could get a job on the phone lines and I am no psychic. With all the readings I have had I know the drill but I could not do it to people.
23-06-2013, 02:28 PM
Are you thinking that I am against what you are saying? About readers and sitters? And what either side are doing etc.. I'm not - its stuff I've said before on other posts, its just I'm not wanting to repeat myself. I'm just putting in another angle to the discussions!
23-06-2013, 04:00 PM
Erm no I am not thinking you are against what I am saying, and even if you was it would be your right to think that.... I am just saying that actually... this forum is starting to become its own worst enemy, and that actually... only we the members can really sort that out....... then we got on to readers and sitters... am not sure where you are going with your above post muffins?

23-06-2013, 06:43 PM
I just thought you might have thought I was going against what you were saying, because you used the phrase "and to be fair" Smile We can see how things get misunderstood on here Smile
23-06-2013, 06:55 PM
Hi Icemaiden, I read your post with interest and I agree with what has been said. I only have one question for you, when you read for people and your predictions do not happen or the opposite happens what do you do? Do you refund your client the money they have paid for the reading (s)?

"She's Mad But She's Magic, There's No Lie in Her Fire"
23-06-2013, 07:10 PM
I personally believe that a good reader is someone who gets the prediction(s) right and an ethical reader is someone who takes responsibility for their own actions and are willing to admit they were wrong and refund the client accordingly or at least offer a free reading instead.

Based on my own personal experience, good and ethical readers do not use the "free will" card and the "FOR ENTERTAINMENT PURPOSES ONLY" disclaimer. I tried all sorts of readers and only few showed to be good and/or ethical, I had two readers refunding me the cost of the reading as the prediction made was wrong. That showed me their integrity and I applauded them for that!

"She's Mad But She's Magic, There's No Lie in Her Fire"
23-06-2013, 07:20 PM
LOL Muffins..... it's hard when its text because you can't see facial expressions so yes its easy to misunderstand, but no I really didn't think what you thought I did.... honest :-)

23-06-2013, 07:25 PM
@Popsicle..... to be fair I have yet to have someone come back to me and tell me my predictions were wrong... but then I don't tell people what I think they want to hear, and nor do I make random predictions simply because people believe being psychic means we have complete access to all future events... I explain to my clients very clearly how I read... I don't gloss over anything, I won't take readings for things like will a person make contact..... I have to be honest and say I get a feeling of dread when anyone comes to me for an ex reading... mainly because I rarely if ever have seen an ex coming back to someone...

But I do more oracle card readings now.... I am not a full time reader and never have been.... I have a nice real life client base and do the odd email reading now and again, and charity events... and occasionally do markets and fayres ..but I am more into alternative healing and working on the self as opposed to giving the type of reading that doesn't really help anyone... (if that makes sense).

23-06-2013, 07:31 PM
one other point Popsicle.. by law we have to have the entertainment disclaimer... there are legal requirements and that is one of them, otherwise we can actually get into trouble.... it's not just confined to phone lines...... we have to have clearly placed on any website we have.... on any listings anywhere etc etc....

as for free will.. well actually we all have it.... I have said this before but if I did a reading for someone who was asking if they would meet someone, and gave the reading, but that person sat at home every evening after working in an environment where it was not possible for them to meet anyone, then actually, I am not responsible for them not making any effort to go out and create something that is there for them if they only take a step back and look at how they can get things in their lives......

The same with work.. if someone wants a new job, asks about it, a reader sees that yes there is one out there, gets a bit of info on said job, but then that person does nothing to look for work or even inquire.. the job is not going to fall out of the sky into their lap all gift wrapped with a nice card signed "From the universe"

And maybe this is where readers need to be clearer in their readings.. ie giving people the tools necessary to go out and get that snippet they have seen.... alas, this is what the people often don't want to listen to, the important bits of the reading that gives them pointers on how they are meant to get to where they want to be... because its seen as nothing more than guidance they don't want or need